RipNivi

Documents Accepted vs Case Completed

26 posts in this topic

We uploaded our documents on CEAC and they were accepted within the same business day. Now, I have been getting conflicting information on what the next step is. Since the documents were accepted, does it mean our case is in queue for an interview date OR does it mean it's waiting to be reviewed by NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
21 minutes ago, RipNivi said:

We uploaded our documents on CEAC and they were accepted within the same business day. Now, I have been getting conflicting information on what the next step is. Since the documents were accepted, does it mean our case is in queue for an interview date OR does it mean it's waiting to be reviewed by NVC

Once you get the email stating you are documentarily qualified, that will be your indication that you are now in queue for interview.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...

We got an email that one of the accepted documents isn't in the right-side up position, so we had to re-upload. It's been almost two weeks now since we re-uploaded and still it shows submitted. We called NVC, they said its in-queue to be reviewed so we must wait at least 3 weeks before calling back. We were hoping for a late June - early July interview, now I guess it would be around August or later. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

@ripnivi same thing with me , on may 20 i received to upload a document that was submitted upside down and still it is in "SUBMITTED" mode while the previous 

documents are "accepted".

Timeline

It has been 7 days since i have resubmitted upside down document, and the status of the document is in " submitted" and has not changed to "accepted"

some people said that this will not affect the procedure from NVC while others said that it will take longer for NVC to review entire case for an interview.

So this issue is very confusing and no one probably has an answer to.

4 hours ago, mazenkanso said:

It has been 7 days since i have resubmitted upside down document, and the status of the document is in " submitted" and has not changed to "accepted"

some people said that this will not affect the procedure from NVC while others said that it will take longer for NVC to review entire case for an interview.

So this issue is very confusing and no one probably has an answer to.

Until all documents are accepted will your case be ‘documentarily qualified’ and put in the queue for interview scheduling. 

Having to resubmit a document will always cause some sort of a delay because they have to review it. The only difference is that for some cases it only took a few days before NVC reviewed the resubmitted document, and for others it took weeks.

In my case for example: it only took NVC 5 days to touch and review my docs when I first submitted them but they rejected 1 document because it was not in the upright position and it took them 3 weeks to accept the resubmitted document. Your whole case stays on hold until all documents are submitted and accepted.

I hope this clarifies things a little 👍🏻

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline

thanks @Daphne K 

from your experience, is it normal that the resubmitted documents, which happens to be a corrected upside document, remain under " submitted" instead of "accepted" ?

also the golden question, how long for the interview after submitting the NVC , i mean the maximum number before i start to PANIC.

THANKS

Just now, mazenkanso said:

thanks @Daphne K 

from your experience, is it normal that the resubmitted documents, which happens to be a corrected upside document, remain under " submitted" instead of "accepted" ?

also the golden question, how long for the interview after submitting the NVC , i mean the maximum number before i start to PANIC.

THANKS

Yes, the resubmitted document(s) will stay as ‘submitted’ until the NVC reviews it again. It will have the status ‘accepted’ when the NVC accepts it. 

Interview timelines vary on so many factors that I could not answer that question. It depends on the country, embassy workload etc.. So just another wait..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/6/2019 at 1:18 AM, RipNivi said:

Apparently, the status changed from "Submitted" to "Accepted". However, at the same time in the message center they sent documents stating that the sponsors do not meet income requirements. What is this seriously? 

do they ask for adding another sponsor?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a little confused.

We submitted our documents last week. When my mom uploaded the AOS documents, they got a response within the day for an additional document (proof of domicile for my brothers who filled up I-864A). They uploaded it the same day.

I uploaded my civil documents the following day and I didn't get a response. The AOS and Civil Documents are both set to 'Submitted'. This was on September 3rd. Is 'Accepted' different from 'Case Complete'?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, schatzi_sugoi said:

I'm a little confused.

We submitted our documents last week. When my mom uploaded the AOS documents, they got a response within the day for an additional document (proof of domicile for my brothers who filled up I-864A). They uploaded it the same day.

I uploaded my civil documents the following day and I didn't get a response. The AOS and Civil Documents are both set to 'Submitted'. This was on September 3rd. Is 'Accepted' different from 'Case Complete'?

Thanks in advance!

"Submitted" means the documents were successfully uploaded on CEAC. 

"Accepted" means NVC have reviewed and have approved the documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.