TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,370 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2019 at 10:25 PM, NilsaNAnil said:

My husband’s interview was a month after yours. Also in Kabul... did your DS 260 ever become reopened? And soon after appear as incomplete? 

Im wondering because that happened in our case

Hello yes our DS-260 shows incomplete but that happened exactly a year after. I didn’t get a notification from the embassy to fill it out again so I haven’t done anything yet. I don’t want to make any changes which they may have to go over all over again and waste time. I’m not sure if I should do anything about it. Have you filled it out again?

57 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Hello yes our DS-260 shows incomplete but that happened exactly a year after. I didn’t get a notification from the embassy to fill it out again so I haven’t done anything yet. I don’t want to make any changes which they may have to go over all over again and waste time. I’m not sure if I should do anything about it. Have you filled it out again?

I contacted them to ask why it shows incomplete after it was reopened. I asked them if we should sign it and resend but they replied back saying not to do anything at this time, so we haven’t touched it. Case still shows as incomplete and AP. We’ve been on AP for 15.5 months now and I will be submitting another inquiry with my senator next week. Hoping for the best. 

Keep me posted on your case since ours is in the same Embassy 

1 hour ago, NilsaNAnil said:

I contacted them to ask why it shows incomplete after it was reopened. I asked them if we should sign it and resend but they replied back saying not to do anything at this time, so we haven’t touched it. Case still shows as incomplete and AP. We’ve been on AP for 15.5 months now and I will be submitting another inquiry with my senator next week. Hoping for the best. 

Oh okay, thanks for the info. Yes, I will keep you posted. I also contacted my local congressman last month and got the same reply regarding AP. Maybe I should contact my senator. We both have the same senator! Lol I am in Miami... I will keep you posted for sure and please you do the same. Also, as a side note. Ppl have been telling me that they know others that have applied for their husbands from Afghanistan and once 3 years are about to be completed or are complete, they get their visa issued. 3 years from the filing date. In my case 3 years will be complete January 31st, 2020. I don’t know how accurate this is but have heard this from multiple people. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

Hi dear, my AP finished up within a month. Alhamdullilah. We are now "non immigrant" on ceac

We applied for a K1 visa so maybe the AP on CR visas take longer as it has to do with issuing a green card as well?

19 months of AP we finally contacted our senator ####### Durbin's office for help on friday 10/04, yesturday I checked ceac and the date changed from our last inquiry date of 9/24 to 10/10 (we didnt make an inquiry this time), today I checked ceac again and the date changed again to todays date 10/11. I called the senator's office today and the lady assigned to our case said she sent the inquiry on wednesday 10/09 and hasn't heard back from them yet. Do you guys think the date changes are from her inquiry? I mean I dont think the Islamabad embassy looks into a case that fast within 24 hours of an inquiry even if its from the senator's office. Not to mention they just check into the case and update it once per inquiry from my past experiences and this time theres been 2 date changes back to back. Also from past experiences whenever they responded via email that its in admin processing the date changed that same day the email was sent so she should have received an email the same day the date was changed if it was due to an inquiry right? Is this a good sign? Or is it just an update for the congressional inquiry that was made? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Insha said:

19 months of AP we finally contacted our senator ####### Durbin's office for help on friday 10/04, yesturday I checked ceac and the date changed from our last inquiry date of 9/24 to 10/10 (we didnt make an inquiry this time), today I checked ceac again and the date changed again to todays date 10/11. I called the senator's office today and the lady assigned to our case said she sent the inquiry on wednesday 10/09 and hasn't heard back from them yet. Do you guys think the date changes are from her inquiry? I mean I dont think the Islamabad embassy looks into a case that fast within 24 hours of an inquiry even if its from the senator's office. Not to mention they just check into the case and update it once per inquiry from my past experiences and this time theres been 2 date changes back to back. Also from past experiences whenever they responded via email that its in admin processing the date changed that same day the email was sent so she should have received an email the same day the date was changed if it was due to an inquiry right? Is this a good sign? Or is it just an update for the congressional inquiry that was made? 

My case always updates 24 hours of an inquiry from the senator.   

6 hours ago, Comanutd33 said:

Hi dear, my AP finished up within a month. Alhamdullilah. We are now "non immigrant" on ceac

We applied for a K1 visa so maybe the AP on CR visas take longer as it has to do with issuing a green card as well?

Is that the only change in your CEAC status?   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

My case always updates 24 hours of an inquiry from the senator.   

Is that the only change in your CEAC status?   

It no longer says administrative processing. It now says application received 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Insha said:

Does it update twice back to back? I guess Im just trying to find any hope in this we're almost at 20 months in 2 weeks 😣

Typically no just once with with an inquiry.  My case has not had back to back update since the first few months.  

3 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Typically no just once with with an inquiry.  My case has not had back to back update since the first few months.  

Oh I see. I guess I will still see the second date change as something positive since my ceac date has never changed on its own unless we made an inquiry. I see that your interview was in late 2017, Im beginning to wonder if our AP's are already done and their just sitting on our cases making us wait for no reason 🤔

22 hours ago, A.yasini said:

Oh okay, thanks for the info. Yes, I will keep you posted. I also contacted my local congressman last month and got the same reply regarding AP. Maybe I should contact my senator. We both have the same senator! Lol I am in Miami... I will keep you posted for sure and please you do the same. Also, as a side note. Ppl have been telling me that they know others that have applied for their husbands from Afghanistan and once 3 years are about to be completed or are complete, they get their visa issued. 3 years from the filing date. In my case 3 years will be complete January 31st, 2020. I don’t know how accurate this is but have heard this from multiple people. 

You applied in 2017? So did I. I applied on July 2017.but I also heard from others here that it takes 18 months on AP. Really this whole wait is too long

senator Rubio is really good with replying right away for inquiry requests. I sent an email last night and today they sent the inquiry and emailed me to inform me.

the Kabul Embassy doesn’t open until tomorrow so I’m hoping for at least an update.

11 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

You applied in 2017? So did I. I applied on July 2017.but I also heard from others here that it takes 18 months on AP. Really this whole wait is too long

senator Rubio is really good with replying right away for inquiry requests. I sent an email last night and today they sent the inquiry and emailed me to inform me.

the Kabul Embassy doesn’t open until tomorrow so I’m hoping for at least an update.

Yes I applied January 31, 2017. However they requested a RFE from us because I only spent a week with my husband after our marriage and had to come back to the US because my semester at university was starting. So I sent them our chat logs and pictures to show it wasn’t a bonafide marriage. That lagged our case a bit which is why his interview was in May 2018. 

Yeah, inshallah tonight they will give you an update. Hopefully soon you guys will be together. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 10:47 PM, Insha said:

With the new law going into effect on Nobember 3rd that requires applicants who wish to immigrate to the U.S to have medical insurance within a month of them being here, how is everyone planning on obtaining this insurance for those you guys are petitioning for before they set foot in this country? I was thinking maybe a universal insurance plan would be what they want us to apply for, but that sounds more expensive than regular insurance 🙄

Omg. I have no idea but I need to research ASAP. 

On 10/12/2019 at 5:40 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Mine doesn't even update if I send an inquiry. All I get is an automatic response via email and that's it. The case updated date still says the same. What does that mean? It seems like they don't even look into my case at all

9 hours ago, Cashorino said:

Mine doesn't even update if I send an inquiry. All I get is an automatic response via email and that's it. The case updated date still says the same. What does that mean? It seems like they don't even look into my case at all

I feel the same way. As if our case is sitting somewhere collecting dust. 😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.