TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,374 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, JoeySantino said:

Do you know where in the thread that is? I've just read through page 160 to page 210 (lol I know) looking for the post, want to see what happened with that person

After 3 months, then it was updated to "mailed or available" a few weeks ago (still in AP), and then again another update; but then I sent an email asking about it and they just sent DS-5535 form to be filled by e-mail. I asked about it and they said yes we need a new DS5535 without saying why. After submitting it, AP status changed back to "mailed/available" :( Your thoughts? 

I can try to find it but I believe they requested the passport back for travel and was asked to update the travel information. 

Does the embassy have your passport or do you have it?

Timeline
58 minutes ago, JoeySantino said:

Do you know where in the thread that is? I've just read through page 160 to page 210 (lol I know) looking for the post, want to see what happened with that person

After 3 months, then it was updated to "mailed or available" a few weeks ago (still in AP), and then again another update; but then I sent an email asking about it and they just sent DS-5535 form to be filled by e-mail. I asked about it and they said yes we need a new DS5535 without saying why. After submitting it, AP status changed back to "mailed/available" :( Your thoughts? 

It was another thread but from a member of the ds-5535 thread.  Hope that helps!

5 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It was another thread but from a member of the ds-5535 thread.  Hope that helps!

Thank you - you are the best

14 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I can try to find it but I believe they requested the passport back for travel and was asked to update the travel information. 

Does the embassy have your passport or do you have it?

We have the passport, it wasn't left at the embassy. 

50 minutes ago, Rashid patras said:

You still lucky if they request new ds5535 within 3 months as you said earlier it changed to mailed or available that's means decision almost taken to issue visa but might triggered something from ds5535 which must be missing but hopefully your case will be solved soon. That's what I think Goodluck.

Thanks for your input and info - really appreciate it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, JoeySantino said:

Thank you - you are the best

We have the passport, it wasn't left at the embassy. 

Thanks for your input and info - really appreciate it

Yes they did ask for an update DS5535 for my husband. He originally was given the form on his first interview in February 2018. They did keep his passport. Because he was a permanent resident in Spain but has a Pakistani passport, he needed his passport because of work. We requested it in June 2018. Shortly afterwards, tbh, I don't exactly remember when they asked for an updated ds-5535, he did get an email asking to update it. Just so happen he had not traveled outside of Spain for work, he found work within the country. (He's a certified welder and works via contracts.)

He was in AP for a total of 18 months, we did 2 interviews. First one was just him, second they requested both of us which turned out to be a Stokes interview. I had to get my congressman involved repeatedly and luckily, the last one prompted the issue of his visa. He got it in August and all set to arrive here in October.

Good luck!

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Today we received email from the embassy they again recommended for DNA before that we have done 2 time DNA firstly in august 2018 and then december 2018 and then we send documents on 8-may-2019 today they again asked for DNA between my mother (principal applicant) with my elder sister she is married and in australia and we did not apply for his viza the why they wants DNA or her and secondly 2 way dna with my father and younger sister the think we are confused now is 

1) how can we take dna of our elder sister she is married and in australia its hard for him to come to pakistan how we can tell embassy that she is not here she is in australia how we can take dna with her whats the solution of this problem?

2) we will do DNA with my father and younger sister as well because that is possible for us because we are in pakistan

how can we done with me elder sister DNA process and tell embassy that she is married and in australia and its hard to come to pakistan for DNA sample process is there any possible solution 

please your answer will be appreciated thank you

40562E93-4380-4616-B428-DF04136B458D.jpeg

Edited by Zeeshan ch

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zeeshan ch said:

Today we received email from the embassy they again recommended for DNA before that we have done 2 time DNA firstly in august 2018 and then december 2018 and then we send documents on 8-may-2019 today they again asked for DNA between my mother (principal applicant) with my elder sister she is married and in australia and we did not apply for his viza the why they wants DNA or her and secondly 2 way dna with my father and younger sister the think we are confused now is 

1) how can we take dna of our elder sister she is married and in australia its hard for him to come to pakistan how we can tell embassy that she is not here she is in australia how we can take dna with her whats the solution of this problem?

2) we will do DNA with my father and younger sister as well because that is possible for us because we are in pakistan

how can we done with me elder sister DNA process and tell embassy that she is married and in australia and its hard to come to pakistan for DNA sample process is there any possible solution 

please your answer will be appreciated thank you

40562E93-4380-4616-B428-DF04136B458D.jpeg

So what DNA have you submit to them already?   The problem is they requested specific DNA and you have not given them what they asked for.  They will not issue the visa until they have EVERYTHING they requested.  The reason they are asking for all this is all the confusion with the changed documents  you MUST help them clarify who is related to who and the DNA must be submitted before they will proceed.   You can attempt to contact the embassy about your sister in Australia but they are almost impossible to get a hold of perhaps someone not he boards who has dealt with this in the past can help.   Is it possible for her to submit the DNA from Australia?  If not she will have to make a trip.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

So what DNA have you submit to them already?   The problem is they requested specific DNA and you have not given them what they asked for.  They will not issue the visa until they have EVERYTHING they requested.  The reason they are asking for all this is all the confusion with the changed documents  you MUST help them clarify who is related to who and the DNA must be submitted before they will proceed.   You can attempt to contact the embassy about your sister in Australia but they are almost impossible to get a hold of perhaps someone not he boards who has dealt with this in the past can help.   Is it possible for her to submit the DNA from Australia?  If not she will have to make a trip.

First DNA is asked for my mother (principal applicant) with three children in which my elder sister is not added because we did not apply her viza she is in australia ..

Second time they again requested the DNA with my father and my younger brother they recommended two way dna with my father and younger brother i want to ask one think here is what is two dna?

now they asked for dna with my mother (principal applicant) with my elder sister and they mention as i have already attached email two way dna with my father and younger sister

but we are soo much confused about now the situation already in AP from 14 month and how taken take sample of my sister in australia 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Zeeshan ch said:

First DNA is asked for my mother (principal applicant) with three children in which my elder sister is not added because we did not apply her viza she is in australia ..

Second time they again requested the DNA with my father and my younger brother they recommended two way dna with my father and younger brother i want to ask one think here is what is two dna?

now they asked for dna with my mother (principal applicant) with my elder sister and they mention as i have already attached email two way dna with my father and younger sister

but we are soo much confused about now the situation already in AP from 14 month and how taken take sample of my sister in australia 

Well you have no choice other than adhere what has been requested by consulate, as @Ahmed&Fredasaid you can check with consulate about your sister absence in Pak, but I think what you can ask them to make it possible if your sister can give sample us consulate in Sydney or whatever closest to her location, if they allow this will be great for you ppl or else she has to make trip.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rashid patras said:

Well you have no choice other than adhere what has been requested by consulate, as @Ahmed&Fredasaid you can check with consulate about your sister absence in Pak, but I think what you can ask them to make it possible if your sister can give sample us consulate in Sydney or whatever closest to her location, if they allow this will be great for you ppl or else she has to make trip.

Yes its possible she is in sydney and can give samples but i think soo it makes the process longer i think soo  and its hard to make trip because she already visited paksitan 6 months ago and her PR of australia is in process

Soo we think soo we need to write a letter to embassy by our attorney in USA ans tell about this situation the lets see what happens

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Zeeshan ch said:

Yes its possible she is in sydney and can give samples but i think soo it makes the process longer i think soo  and its hard to make trip because she already visited paksitan 6 months ago and her PR of australia is in process

Soo we think soo we need to write a letter to embassy by our attorney in USA ans tell about this situation the lets see what happens

Yeah all the best, and wish this process complete soon with convenience, is 5his f3 category

7 hours ago, tiyyo said:

Yes they did ask for an update DS5535 for my husband. He originally was given the form on his first interview in February 2018. They did keep his passport. Because he was a permanent resident in Spain but has a Pakistani passport, he needed his passport because of work. We requested it in June 2018. Shortly afterwards, tbh, I don't exactly remember when they asked for an updated ds-5535, he did get an email asking to update it. Just so happen he had not traveled outside of Spain for work, he found work within the country. (He's a certified welder and works via contracts.)

He was in AP for a total of 18 months, we did 2 interviews. First one was just him, second they requested both of us which turned out to be a Stokes interview. I had to get my congressman involved repeatedly and luckily, the last one prompted the issue of his visa. He got it in August and all set to arrive here in October.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback, our request for updated DS-5535 was 3 months after interview - I can't imagine waiting as long as you did, I'm thinking about giving up already

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rashid patras said:

Yeah all the best, and wish this process complete soon with convenience, is 5his f3 category

Thank you and ameen yes its F3 category

Any updates? News?

AP 14 months and still waiting... has anyone in this group been issued a visa? Can use some good news 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 9/8/2019 at 6:06 AM, NilsaNAnil said:

Any updates? News?

AP 14 months and still waiting... has anyone in this group been issued a visa? Can use some good news 

I was just going to post the same! That’s the only reason I check this thread, to look for hope in anyone else’s good news.

Timeline

I got my last update on 26th of July when I also received an email from embassy asking for 2nd medical and visa photos. Took the medical on 7th of august and mailed it through AEG on 16th August (friday).  Then 20th August I sent embassy an email(through their website) asking for confirmation. No update as of now. On top of that my passport, which is with them, has been expired. What should I do next? Wait for now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.