TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,371 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/23/2020 at 2:11 PM, Baylor said:

No, he's saying they finally asked for his passport 8 months ago (in May). According to @tiyyo 's timeline, he received the visa in August 2019.

He asked for his passport back in June 2018. Over a year ago. He got his visa in August 2019. It was a total of 1 year and 6 months. Or 18 months of AP if you want to look at it that way.

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, sk91 said:

Hi can anyone tell me what's the consultation procedure with James Hacking . And what is the cost of filing lawsuit ? 

$100 consult fee when you are ready to file its $4000 ($400 filing fee with a $3600 flat rate).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, sk91 said:

Is there any update on your case 

No...I don't believe the embassy has touched our case at all since July (the last update without an inquiry) they only respond to the senator and congressman they will not respond to any inquiry I send myself.  

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No...I don't believe the embassy has touched our case at all since July (the last update without an inquiry) they only respond to the senator and congressman they will not respond to any inquiry I send myself.  

Same here 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi guys! I just found this thread and wanted to say hi and share my timeline! I applied for a k1 visa for my fiance in April 2018. He interviewed at the Amman, Jordan embassy on June 13th and was given the DS-5535 form and put into AP. It's been almost 8 months and no updates. It updated at least one a week or so in July, but we have had no updates since then, other than when we send inquiries via email. I have contacted both my congressman and senator and I just get told it's in AP and I will be notified when its finished. I am very worried and am considering doing a writ of mandamus, but am trying to stay patient and hope for the best! 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,

so finally my parents get their visas after a very long time. Here is my story. I applied for my parents in mid of October 2017. Uscis approved my mom case in May 2018 and dad case in June 2018.  I uploaded their documents in October 2018, and they had an interview in January 2019.

At the time of interview the CO said everything is ok but they need new photos cuz my parents wear glasses in photos. She said just gave me photos and then you will receive your visas in 10/12 business days in Karachi. But after one week my dad received an email of ds 5335 form, which we sent the same day. After that they just updated their cases on Jan 28. I sent them several inquiries but no response. In July, I contacted my senator, she emailed them and got response that they can’t predict that how much time it will take to complete the administrative process, the same reply that everyone gets. Anyways after that my parents cases got started to update. And finally in the end of July they asked for updated medical and photos. My parents sent them both in the end of august. After that they got several updates in September and October. 
In November I again started to sent them email but the same reply I got. Their cases are in administrative process and we can’t predict. 

On January 17,2020, their case status changed to expiring soon, then I again emailed them on January 22, because their medical will be expired in February  and got reply that they escalated the case to embassy. Jan 29, They received an email and call for re oath and fingerprints on February 4th. And  same day they issued the visa 😊 alhamdulilah 

11 hours ago, Daughter/parents said:

Hi all,

so finally my parents get their visas after a very long time. Here is my story. I applied for my parents in mid of October 2017. Uscis approved my mom case in May 2018 and dad case in June 2018.  I uploaded their documents in October 2018, and they had an interview in January 2019.

At the time of interview the CO said everything is ok but they need new photos cuz my parents wear glasses in photos. She said just gave me photos and then you will receive your visas in 10/12 business days in Karachi. But after one week my dad received an email of ds 5335 form, which we sent the same day. After that they just updated their cases on Jan 28. I sent them several inquiries but no response. In July, I contacted my senator, she emailed them and got response that they can’t predict that how much time it will take to complete the administrative process, the same reply that everyone gets. Anyways after that my parents cases got started to update. And finally in the end of July they asked for updated medical and photos. My parents sent them both in the end of august. After that they got several updates in September and October. 
In November I again started to sent them email but the same reply I got. Their cases are in administrative process and we can’t predict. 

On January 17,2020, their case status changed to expiring soon, then I again emailed them on January 22, because their medical will be expired in February  and got reply that they escalated the case to embassy. Jan 29, They received an email and call for re oath and fingerprints on February 4th. And  same day they issued the visa 😊 alhamdulilah 

you have to make them travle before end of medical other wise they could face issue at boraders

congrats

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/8/2020 at 7:03 AM, fakeeh said:

you have to make them travle before end of medical other wise they could face issue at boraders

congrats

Yeah I know that, that’s why I already booked their tickets 😊

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 1/31/2020 at 7:54 PM, Ehsan2003 said:

Hello,

I have been following this site and this thread for past 5 months now.But i have never posted anything.So this is my first post and here is my case.

Visa Category    F4

Interview date   24 july 2019

Status shows   Administrative processing (Stuck for 6 months now)

Here is what has happened so far.Our interview was on 24th of july 2019.It went good but was very short.Co asked few questions and at the end said everything is good from your side but we have to do some administrative processing and did not ask for any document to be submitted.But 2 days later we recieved DS5535 for 1 family memeber whoes over 20 years.She kept our passports but gave us 221g with 2nd marked ticked.Which says your case needs some administrative processing please contact us every 2 months.So overall we had about 10 to 15 updates i guess in 6 months.Latest update was on 27 November 2019 and then 6 December 2019.I have seen on their web that administrative processing is solved within 180 days (6 months) but its been 194 days but still we are stuck in Ap.I have seen some cases solved in 8 months we are also hoping to get our case solved in max 8 months.Have you guys seen any case similar to us.Please share your kind thoughts

Kind regards

Ehsan.

hello i guess we are have a similar case as yours,

we are on an f4 visa, our interview was on 12 september 2019, we are a family of 4.

my wife is the  main applicant and both my 19 year old son and wife were issued ds5535 and put on AP.

55 days later my wife (main applicant) , me and my daughter were issued visas, but my son has been on AP for the past 5 months with around 6 updates , last one being on november 2019.

image.png.bfcd59c662ad979d78a62d06e1a917ff.png

Finally after almost waiting for 2 years in AP. I have been in AP since April 26 2018 until today, it got issued. I DID FILE A MANDAMUS and I think that was the only way that took me out of AP. file the mandamus maybe after you really feel you are fed up and tried everything to get your visa. all embassies are so busy and that is why they are taking so much time in AP. everyone is trying to get into the U.S, so might as well you do it the right way and the legal way. best of luck to everyone :) 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, Shrouq615 said:

Hi guys! I just found this thread and wanted to say hi and share my timeline! I applied for a k1 visa for my fiance in April 2018. He interviewed at the Amman, Jordan embassy on June 13th and was given the DS-5535 form and put into AP. It's been almost 8 months and no updates. It updated at least one a week or so in July, but we have had no updates since then, other than when we send inquiries via email. I have contacted both my congressman and senator and I just get told it's in AP and I will be notified when its finished. I am very worried and am considering doing a writ of mandamus, but am trying to stay patient and hope for the best! 

go for a mandamus, do not waist your time waiting  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.