18 posts in this topic

we received a letter from nvc saying that they returned our case back to uscis for extended review. Its been over 30 days and we have not received a letter or anything from them. Our petition was approved. Also nvc gave us the invoice and case numbers along with beneficiary numbers. Has this happened to anyone? And if so how long is the wait? This k1 process has been going on since 2017. We probably should have just got married instead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Blue Love U & I said:

we received a letter from nvc saying that they returned our case back to uscis for extended review. Its been over 30 days and we have not received a letter or anything from them. Our petition was approved. Also nvc gave us the invoice and case numbers along with beneficiary numbers. Has this happened to anyone? And if so how long is the wait? This k1 process has been going on since 2017. We probably should have just got married instead.

I saw a number of people reporting this issue and majority cases were due to the fact that USCIS forgot to place the approved stamp. 

Edited by VNN

ok. Did you see about how long did it take for uscis to reaffirm their case. The reason i ask is bcoz i called uscis to inquire about the case, and he said usually when that happens they will be sending a letter " an intent to deny" this i could not understand bcoz we never received a rfe or anything. Plus the petition was approved. 

Edited by Blue Love U & I

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds more likely that case has been returned and will be left to die. Not sure how long it will be before you are notified, seems to recollect circa 6 months.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Looks like a continuation of this thread:

Your timeline shows you got a NOA2 in January this year, but you also married August of last year? Did you marry or is that a mistake i your timeline?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Looks like a continuation of this thread:

Your timeline shows you got a NOA2 in January this year, but you also married August of last year? Did you marry or is that a mistake i your timeline?

No. We didnit get married. If we had gotten the approval and everything went through correctly we would been married in May of 2018 last year. We started this process in Nov of 2017.We got the noa2 in Jan. 2019. So we thought we could try for this May of 2019. Which looks as of that will not happen. Yeah its May now.

Timeline

So what do you intend to do going forward?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So what do you intend to do going forward?

At this point we are going to ride this rollercoaster until it comes to an end. See whats going on and then we will make a decision. We have one of the congressmen immigration team helping us, by inquiring for us. Do you have any ideas? We are opened for ideas. Its been the most stressful ordeal in ones lifetime. 

Timeline

What normally happens, I never like saying always, especially as I know very little about your case, is that at some point you will be notified that your Petition has died.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

What normally happens, I never like saying always, especially as I know very little about your case, is that at some point you will be notified that your Petition has died.

I read somewhere that they let it happens. And it was not in our hands, that is also why we asked the congressmen about this also, they have all of the paperwork that uscis and nvc emailed us. Bcoz if hold on to the case and it dies in their. What could be done about this? At least we do have witnesses.

Timeline

Nothing can be done about it, assuming this is the normal situation. K1 is dead.

You now need to decide what you want to do next.

1 minute ago, Blue Love U & I said:

I read somewhere that they let it happens. And it was not in our hands, that is also why we asked the congressmen about this also, they have all of the paperwork that uscis and nvc emailed us. Bcoz if hold on to the case and it dies in their. What could be done about this? At least we do have witnesses.

And after its died we will just go on and marry. Its seems as if the k1 is a waste of time and money, and definitely stress!

Just now, Blue Love U & I said:

And after its died we will just go on and marry. Its seems as if the k1 is a waste of time and money, and definitely stress!

We will be married anyway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Sounds more likely that case has been returned and will be left to die. Not sure how long it will be before you are notified, seems to recollect circa 6 months.

I always thought this happened when the consulate returns the petition but when NVC sends an approved petition back after approval isn't it usually administrative (like USCIS forgot something) so wouldn't the expiry date be put on hold?   

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I always thought this happened when the consulate returns the petition but when NVC sends an approved petition back after approval isn't it usually administrative (like USCIS forgot something) so wouldn't the expiry date be put on hold?   

Im not sure how it goes, but we have been told so many different things that our minds are spinning. I pray to God that is all it is, and that it will soon be reaffirmed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.