RangerNomad415

Clarity on step after DS260. Confused.

74 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, coa24 said:

If your case is already approved then you can file for interview and medical. You should check out the Philippines regional forum. Medical at SLEC and the interview can be scheduled via http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/.

Check out Hanks website. Quite informative https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/ 

Regional forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Medical is scheduled separate from ustraveldocs. You have to go to the SLEC website for that. 

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ranger.... I'm confused just reading all of the replies, lol. Your experience might be different than mine in Thailand, but this is how it went (is going) for me. My case is a DCF as well. 
1) Hand delivered the I-130 application to USCIS in Bangkok, walked across the street and paid the fee at the consulate, then walked back to USCIS to give them the receipt. My wife and I waited slightly over two months to get an approval letter in the mail. In that letter they provided a link for the Packet 3 instructions and her case number.  
2) Next step. Logged on and loaded the link for Packet 3. Packet 3 provided directions as what documents you need to submit to the consulate. Things like a copy of her passport, any previous marriage licenses and divorce decrees from past marriages, birth cert's... and a bunch of other things. Part of Packet 3 was also to do the DS-260 and the I-864. Since I do not have a co-sponsor, I did not have to submit an I-864A. Once you have completed everything in Packet 3, the consulate in Thailand asked you to mail it to them as there is no drop box, which suits me fine since I'd have to fly to Bangkok to do that. 
3) Once mailed and it has been received by them, my wife should get a letter in the mail advising her as to what she needs for Packet 4 (basically the medical exam, police background check, and her passport). In addition to this, they are scheduling the interview approx two weeks after they receive P3, so things happen fast. 
4) Show up for the interview bringing original copies of everything you sent in case they want to see them, and proof of Domicile or Intent to re-establish domicile. If they are satisfied, you are/she is done and will soon be awarded the green card and accompanying packet that she will have to present when she flies to CA with you. 

Edited by slc12312

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Has your DCF case been approved?

No, it has not. As stated, I just filed that damn DS260 on behalf of my wife back on April 23rd on the CEAC website. I'm just wondering what is next and experiences of others in this annoying boat for my Filipina wife to go back with me to America. 

13 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You really haven't worked in ten years?  Do you have a job lined up so that you can show domicile in the US and support your family?

Been away from America for ten years from that rat race back in the 2008 recession and been what they call "happier abroad" in Asia. So no. No job lined up but I read everywhere that doesn't matter as my Mother is the joint sponsor with her properties back in Cali and can show support. 

21 minutes ago, slc12312 said:

Ranger.... I'm confused just reading all of the replies, lol. Your experience might be different than mine in Thailand, but this is how it went (is going) for me. My case is a DCF as well. 
1) Hand delivered the I-130 application to USCIS in Bangkok, walked across the street and paid the fee at the consulate, then walked back to USCIS to give them the receipt. My wife and I waited slightly over two months to get an approval letter in the mail. In that letter they provided a link for the Packet 3 instructions and her case number.  
2) Next step. Logged on and loaded the link for Packet 3. Packet 3 provided directions as what documents you need to submit to the consulate. Things like a copy of her passport, any previous marriage licenses and divorce decrees from past marriages, birth cert's... and a bunch of other things. Part of Packet 3 was also to do the DS-260 and the I-864. Since I do not have a co-sponsor, I did not have to submit an I-864A. Once you have completed everything in Packet 3, the consulate in Thailand asked you to mail it to them as there is no drop box, which suits me fine since I'd have to fly to Bangkok to do that. 
3) Once mailed and it has been received by them, my wife should get a letter in the mail advising her as to what she needs for Packet 4 (basically the medical exam, police background check, and her passport). In addition to this, they are scheduling the interview approx two weeks after they receive P3, so things happen fast. 
4) Show up for the interview bringing original copies of everything you sent in case they want to see them, and proof of Domicile or Intent to re-establish domicile. If they are satisfied, you are/she is done and will soon be awarded the green card and accompanying packet that she will have to present when she flies to CA with you. 

Ok, we are almost the same except I have a joint sponsor in my Mother and she's mailing over that damn I864 and tax documents and statements saying she will support my wife's stay (obviously she's family) and all. I just filed DS260 on April 23rd. 

So I am guessing the next step is to mail whatever documents? Have to mail this out? Remember I'm in the Philippines and the mail system here is quite poor. Anybody can give feedback on this step? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
23 minutes ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Ok, we are almost the same except I have a joint sponsor in my Mother and she's mailing over that damn I864 and tax documents and statements saying she will support my wife's stay (obviously she's family) and all. I just filed DS260 on April 23rd. 

So I am guessing the next step is to mail whatever documents? Have to mail this out? Remember I'm in the Philippines and the mail system here is quite poor. Anybody can give feedback on this step? 

I'm hesitant to say anything or add anything to an already confusing situation, lol. I totally get your frustration. I think you still have to do the I-864 even if you don't qualify monetarily because you are the one sponsoring her in terms of the DCF. Your mom can't do a DCF because she is in CA. So, I think you will be fine once you get her financial information and can show that she is a financial co-sponsor... I'm just not sure if she would do the I-864 or the I-864A. 

You might want to post on the Philippines specific forum, I'm sure there are lots of people who could help you. Personally, I don't know anything about the process there, only Thailand. Here is the link to the regional forums... just scroll down until you find the Philippines. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

damn I864

What's your issue with the I-864?  That document is protection for your spouse and the American taxpayer. 

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

U need to wait noa2 first .o guess the one u recieve noa1 .but the noa2 it takes 3 months or 6 months before u get the noa2 if your application is approve then u need case number from manila NVC they can send u letter for casenumber and go to st luke for  edical but first u filling out ds 160 or ds260 and u need to have appointment for interview plus u pay the interview at thezBPI bank

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, payxibka said:

He direct filed.  NO NVC.

He said mother filed for him and she is living in California

he didn't file 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

He said mother filed for him and she is living in California

he didn't file 

Maybe you need to reread the original post.

He said his mother is his joint sponsor

He filed for his WIFE via the Manila USCIS office

YMMV

7 hours ago, coa24 said:

Medical is scheduled separate from ustraveldocs. You have to go to the SLEC website for that. 

Just wanted to note that the medical is not scheduled with SLEC. It's walk-in.

One can optionally pre-register online to save a few minutes of paperwork while waiting.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

When I did DCF, we didn't mail anything to the embassy. We filed our application in person and waited for the petition approval. Once it was approved, I filed a form online (DS 160? I can't remember), had my medical at SLEC (no appointment, just a walk in) and scheduled for an interview.

We brought the I 864 and other supporting documents to the interview. You will receive another email a few days before your interview for a list of documents you need to bring. 

Good luck!

Edited by bellashay

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
02-23-2016 Filed I- 130 @ US Embassy Manila
03-03-2016 NOA 2
03-04-2016 Received MNL Case Number
04-04-2016 Interview (Approved!) Visa ISSUED the same day
04-06-2016 Visa on hand! Picked up from 2Go MOA @ 5:30 PM
04-11-2016 POE @ Minneapolis, MN

05-12-2016 Received SSN

07-07-2016 Greencard arrived!

ROC

01-11-2018 ROC window opens

01-13-2018 Mailed ROC application to CSC

01-26-2018 Received NOA (dated: 01/22) 

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

01-31-2019  10 Year Greencard arrived! 

N400

03-16-2019 Submitted application online

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

11-13-2019 Interview, approved 

12-04-2019 Oath taking. I'm now a naturalized US Citizen. 

=It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done=

13 hours ago, bellashay said:

When I did DCF, we didn't mail anything to the embassy. We filed our application in person and waited for the petition approval. Once it was approved, I filed a form online (DS 160? I can't remember), had my medical at SLEC (no appointment, just a walk in) and scheduled for an interview.

We brought the I 864 and other supporting documents to the interview. You will receive another email a few days before your interview for a list of documents you need to bring. 

Good luck!

Hi there, why is your DCF so fast? Is it same...DS260 as mines? How long was that petition approval? 

Anybody heard of this DS261 filing? DS261 (Online choice of address & agent) is what my Mother back in California keeps telling me I have to do. But I already filed DS260 and did NOT see an option to pay fees or this DS261. Please clarify as well, confused that she keeps mentioning to do DS261 from her research and YouTube watching, but I never ever seen it mention here at all.

7 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Hi there, why is your DCF so fast? Is it same...DS260 as mines? How long was that petition approval? 

Anybody heard of this DS261 filing? DS261 (Online choice of address & agent) is what my Mother back in California keeps telling me I have to do. But I already filed DS260 and did NOT see an option to pay fees or this DS261. Please clarify as well, confused that she keeps mentioning to do DS261 from her research and YouTube watching, but I never ever seen it mention here at all.

It's a case to case basis. It took about 9 days for the petition to be approved. 

I filled out the DS 260, immigrant visa application. DS 261 is just an online form that tells the embassy (?) or USCIS how you want to be contacted during the process. I recall I filled this one out too. There's no fee for DS 261. 

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
02-23-2016 Filed I- 130 @ US Embassy Manila
03-03-2016 NOA 2
03-04-2016 Received MNL Case Number
04-04-2016 Interview (Approved!) Visa ISSUED the same day
04-06-2016 Visa on hand! Picked up from 2Go MOA @ 5:30 PM
04-11-2016 POE @ Minneapolis, MN

05-12-2016 Received SSN

07-07-2016 Greencard arrived!

ROC

01-11-2018 ROC window opens

01-13-2018 Mailed ROC application to CSC

01-26-2018 Received NOA (dated: 01/22) 

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

01-31-2019  10 Year Greencard arrived! 

N400

03-16-2019 Submitted application online

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

11-13-2019 Interview, approved 

12-04-2019 Oath taking. I'm now a naturalized US Citizen. 

=It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done=

12 hours ago, bellashay said:

It's a case to case basis. It took about 9 days for the petition to be approved. 

I filled out the DS 260, immigrant visa application. DS 261 is just an online form that tells the embassy (?) or USCIS how you want to be contacted during the process. I recall I filled this one out too. There's no fee for DS 261. 

Did the DS260 first and there is NO option on the CEAC website for DS261. Fees say not applicable. How long did you wait in between filing DS260 to NOA2?

And when do you have to pay the fees? Guess I have to tell Mom that DS261 is not applicable. CEAC already has my email and kind of obvious I'm my own agent for my wife.

Btw thanks to everyone that replied. Very helpful and good to know I'm not alone in this battle.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.