Irush93

Medical & Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey All!

My case just updated to Ready last week and I'm sure P3 and P4 will be happening fairly soon for me to book an appointment. I wanted to ask about others advice on booking the interview and medical and how far apart. I live in Edmonton, so I've been considering doing the medical in BC then the interview. Can any speak on their experience or even if they suggest I do both interview and medical in Montreal. I just want to have it all planned out now so I'm not trying to figure it out later. 

Thanks in advance! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I booked my medical at medisys in Montreal they advised that I book at least one week ahead of the interview. Another thing is that you have to pick up your medical exam by hand, I don't think they will ship it to you so after your medical exam you will have to wait until it is complete and pick it up. The good thing about people who do it at medisys in Montreal is that it is a 5minute walk from the embassy and can pick it up the morning before your interview. In your case it will be quite a pain to stay in BC for an extra week waiting for the medical envelope, hopefully someone who had a similar situation as you can chime in.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

When I booked my medical at medisys in Montreal they advised that I book at least one week ahead of the interview. Another thing is that you have to pick up your medical exam by hand, I don't think they will ship it to you so after your medical exam you will have to wait until it is complete and pick it up. The good thing about people who do it at medisys in Montreal is that it is a 5minute walk from the embassy and can pick it up the morning before your interview. In your case it will be quite a pain to stay in BC for an extra week waiting for the medical envelope, hopefully someone who had a similar situation as you can chime in.

Ohh, that makes sense actually. So how long are you going to be in Montreal for? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

Just 12 hours. Fortunately live in Ottawa so it is only a 1.5 hour drive from my house.

Oh! Haha, I wish. Good luck with your interview! 😊

Work out the money.  Is it cheaper/faster to get the medical done in Surrey than spend a week in Montreal? Include flights, gas, spending money, and food.  For me it was cheaper to spend a week in Montreal, marginally. (I used to live in Red Deer)

Surrey gets you the medical back faster and can send it to you for a fee as well. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I honestly stayed in Montreal for 11 days (had to be more due to the fact my interview was around thanksgiving. lol) at an airbnb apartment that was a ten minute walk from the embassy and medical. My Mum and I made a vacation of it since I was moving away and it was gonna be hard leaving. I am from Manitoba so for me it just made so much more sense money wise. We had so much fun sightseeing in Montreal. We have decided that sometime in the future we will meet there for another one along with my husband. :D 

Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, NikLR said:

Work out the money.  Is it cheaper/faster to get the medical done in Surrey than spend a week in Montreal? Include flights, gas, spending money, and food.  For me it was cheaper to spend a week in Montreal, marginally. (I used to live in Red Deer)

Surrey gets you the medical back faster and can send it to you for a fee as well. 

Yeah, that makes sense! Do you know how long the medical should be before the interview? If I did do it in Surrey like a month before the interview is that possible? Let's say I planned booking my interview July 2 or 8 would I need to book the medical a week before?

11 hours ago, Irush93 said:

Yeah, that makes sense! Do you know how long the medical should be before the interview? If I did do it in Surrey like a month before the interview is that possible? Let's say I planned booking my interview July 2 or 8 would I need to book the medical a week before?

You can do the medical anytime between booking the interview and that actual date.  The only disadvantage to going early is that your visa validity is based of the medical date not interview date (most often.)  Otherwise do what's convenient and cost effective for you. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, Irush93 said:

Hey All!

My case just updated to Ready last week and I'm sure P3 and P4 will be happening fairly soon for me to book an appointment. I wanted to ask about others advice on booking the interview and medical and how far apart. I live in Edmonton, so I've been considering doing the medical in BC then the interview. Can any speak on their experience or even if they suggest I do both interview and medical in Montreal. I just want to have it all planned out now so I'm not trying to figure it out later. 

Thanks in advance! 

I'm working at WEM right now, living in Parkland County. :D Great to see someone so close going through the process. I have been wondering the exact same thing, my interview is in July and I'm deciding on a best course of action for medicals. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.