andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hello! Welcome back! Hopefully things have smoothed out for you. Unfortunately, no, there is no way for them to provide you a copy. Additionally, if I recall correctly, yours is close to a year (since your interview was in February-March) of have it been done, so it would not suffice either to be used at this point to apply for AOS because it would be considered expired. @andreaam Right?

Hey! Thanks so much for answering back! Yes, things are going better, EAD card will arrive this friday 😄.

I read there was an updated law back In  2018 that extends medical examination for 2 years, but I'm not sure about this statement. Also keep me posted please, because if I have to do medicals again, I don't know which course of action is best.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hi guys, long time no see. Rollercoaster here! 

Do you know if we have to schedule a new Medical Examination for the AOS Interview?. Unfortunately I lost DR Grillo Medical exam I've done in Argentina in 2019. 

Don't know what to do, Do I have to do the medical exams again?, can the US Embassy send me a copy of it again?, I'm starting to freak out 

I was wondering where had you been haha. Hopefully everything is going well. Have you filed for aos? For our medical we weren't sure what to do and ended up doing it again here with a civil surgeon. It was t that cheap, around 380 dollars, but with the paper my wife had from POE we didn't want to take any risk. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

I was wondering where had you been haha. Hopefully everything is going well. Have you filed for aos? For our medical we weren't sure what to do and ended up doing it again here with a civil surgeon. It was t that cheap, around 380 dollars, but with the paper my wife had from POE we didn't want to take any risk. 

Thanks @Javier Mera, I'm glad to be back 😊

I sent the Medical DR Grillo gave us, because it was still in the 1 year validity period, but I know the Medical will be already expired for the interview, I don't have any date for that, but started to get everything organized. I'm trying to avoid doing the exam because I imagined it wouldn't be cheap. How did you do the exams? I thought I needed to be scheduled by USCIS for that. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Thanks @Javier Mera, I'm glad to be back 😊

I sent the Medical DR Grillo gave us, because it was still in the 1 year validity period, but I know the Medical will be already expired for the interview, I don't have any date for that, but started to get everything organized. I'm trying to avoid doing the exam because I imagined it wouldn't be cheap. How did you do the exams? I thought I needed to be scheduled by USCIS for that. 

Worse case scenario the letter with your aos interview will just have a generic item that states that you need to perform a full medical exam (if not submitted already). And no, you can just go to a civil surgeon clinic and explain that you need the form i693 filled out for aos and they will take care of it. Do the blood tests, see the shots you need, physical exam and you wait a few days for the tb results and that's it. They give you the closed envelope which you take to the interview. In our case we sent it after our aos package. 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:47 PM, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hey! Thanks so much for answering back! Yes, things are going better, EAD card will arrive this friday 😄.

I read there was an updated law back In  2018 that extends medical examination for 2 years, but I'm not sure about this statement. Also keep me posted please, because if I have to do medicals again, I don't know which course of action is best.

Sure thing! Nope, unfortunately, we had to do ours in September (in our case she said he could do vaccines here and you can’t without a full medical again).  According to the surgeon we went to, it is only valid for a year, so I wouldn’t risk it. Now, she was talking about the AOS submission, I don’t recall how true that is for interview. But, I believe she did say medical must be valid throughout the process until GC is given. Don’t quote me on that, though.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

@andreaam Did you include a cover letter or how did you submit the RFE response for the BC? If you did, can you give me a sample letter, please?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
14 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

@andreaam Did you include a cover letter or how did you submit the RFE response for the BC? If you did, can you give me a sample letter, please?

I just put the original RFE letter first and then the copy of the BC

On 1/11/2020 at 1:56 PM, andreaam said:

I just put the original RFE letter first and then the copy of the BC

Thanks!  Does this look like what you got?

image.thumb.png.d19b670d64aa15dae2395a2224fb2351.png

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Officially mailed RFE response today. Easy fix, just busy at work. Praying things go smoother from here for us and everyone else. I will attach a cover letter later if anyone wants to use it for RFE responses.

Thanks!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks!  Does this look like what you got?

image.thumb.png.d19b670d64aa15dae2395a2224fb2351.png

No. Mine said they didn’t have my BC copy at all which I’m 100% sure I sent. I even have evidence of this. 
Hopefully you’ll get back on track easily. 

2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

No. Mine said they didn’t have my BC copy at all which I’m 100% sure I sent. I even have evidence of this. 

Hmmm. Well, we re-sent the Acta so hopefully that is not an issue? IDK what else we would have to provide to fulfill this.  Does anyone have any input?

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

22 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Did you translate your passport? I wonder if that is what they wanted, now I am confused.

Also, BC is the same as Acta, right?

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Fe.Ta The acta you submitted has both parents names, date of birth, place of birth/country? Seems like that's the main info they need from what I can see from the RFE letter. Also I don't think you need to translate the passport. My fiance's has both Spanish and English on both the bio page and visa pages. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

6 minutes ago, andyazcu said:

@Fe.Ta The acta you submitted has both parents names, date of birth, place of birth/country? Seems like that's the main info they need from what I can see from the RFE letter. Also I don't think you need to translate the passport. My fiance's has both Spanish and English on both the bio page and visa pages. 

Yes, it has the typical language of I hereby delegate that [mom’s name] declares a child was born on x date son of [dad’s name] location, etc, so no idea. I just re-submitted it. I don’t know that Argentina has any other documentation. His school stuff does not say parents’ names, so that is not an option.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

21 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Yes, it has the typical language of I hereby delegate that [mom’s name] declares a child was born on x date son of [dad’s name] location, etc, so no idea. I just re-submitted it. I don’t know that Argentina has any other documentation. His school stuff does not say parents’ names, so that is not an option.

Hmm, the one we have was issued by the hospital he was born at and has the hospitals signatures, midwife, BA seal, etc. Yours is the same? 

I hate that things you submit at the embassy stage are approved and then you get to USCIS and there’s a problem or vice versa. Same happened for us with his divorce papers. 😫  

I hope it works out! 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.