andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hey all!

Any updates?  Ours still nothing. :(  Just hoping we don't get any RFEs.

Nothing haha 

made an inquiry about mu RFE resolution on Tuesday. Now wait another month for the answer or call again to make another one. 
I don’t know What is making everything so difficult to get an answer. Is a f$&@@g birth certificate haha

Timeline

We sent in our entire AOS on July 18th, got our NOAS on August 8th.  On November 20th our interview for AOS was scheduled and now were waiting to receive more information through the mail.  The advanced parole and employment authorization were approved on November 22nd.  Lot's of exciting stuff coming in the mail for us, hopefully this week or next.  Feeling pretty happy!

You probably all know this but just in case someone new is reading this:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Enter in your case numbers (they are on your Notice of Action) and you'll find out approval dates before you actually get it in the mail.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Spraz said:

We sent in our entire AOS on July 18th, got our NOAS on August 8th.  On November 20th our interview for AOS was scheduled and now were waiting to receive more information through the mail.  The advanced parole and employment authorization were approved on November 22nd.  Lot's of exciting stuff coming in the mail for us, hopefully this week or next.  Feeling pretty happy!

You probably all know this but just in case someone new is reading this:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Enter in your case numbers (they are on your Notice of Action) and you'll find out approval dates before you actually get it in the mail.

Congrats! You are the first one of us getting the AOS process approved!

Timeline
On 11/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, Spraz said:

Update:  We got the actual letter with appointment date in the mail on November 26th (6 days after it had been approved and updated online).  Surprise to us, the interview is scheduled for December 30th, 2019.  We had to change our Christmas travel plans and buy new plane tickets to return home to Salt Lake earlier than we had planned.  We honestly weren't expecting that we'd only have a month to prepare for this interview but it's exciting.  Also, we got the combo card (AP and EAD) in the mail 7 days after it was approved on the 29th of November (yesterday).  I hope this is useful information for those still waiting!

Timeline

Hi all!

Yesterday we received a RFE. They are asking for my birth cetificate. I'm 100% possitive that I added that to our packet of papers x 3 times since we're applying for AP, EAD and AOS. Birth certificate + translation. Is the same paper that I used for the k1. I'm a little bit confused and bummed out because i don't want this to slow us down.

What do you think I should do? Just provide the papers I have already sent? I don't have any other papers here with me. Could I ask my family to send me highschool degree? I'm not sure on what to do. Any kind of advice? Thoughts?

Thanks everybody!

Timeline
23 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hi all!

Yesterday we received a RFE. They are asking for my birth cetificate. I'm 100% possitive that I added that to our packet of papers x 3 times since we're applying for AP, EAD and AOS. Birth certificate + translation. Is the same paper that I used for the k1. I'm a little bit confused and bummed out because i don't want this to slow us down.

What do you think I should do? Just provide the papers I have already sent? I don't have any other papers here with me. Could I ask my family to send me highschool degree? I'm not sure on what to do. Any kind of advice? Thoughts?

Thanks everybody!

I believe @andreaam had the same issue. That sucks though. I've seen this same issue in other people as well, from other nationalities. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

I believe @andreaam had the same issue. That sucks though. I've seen this same issue in other people as well, from other nationalities. 

Yeah I saw something about it. But it's real that they lost it? my god....

I guess I'll send over the whole thing. I added my birth certificate (no el acta, el certificado) as secondary evidence with the translation.

What are the next steps? do they let you know if they take your RFE as valid? or how that works? first time getting one...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Yeah I saw something about it. But it's real that they lost it? my god....

I guess I'll send over the whole thing. I added my birth certificate (no el acta, el certificado) as secondary evidence with the translation.

What are the next steps? do they let you know if they take your RFE as valid? or how that works? first time getting one...

From what I've seen some people get the update that they have received the evidence and they will continue working on the case. At least you know they are working on yours. We are about to hit 3 months after bio appt and we don't know anything yet.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

From what I've seen some people get the update that they have received the evidence and they will continue working on the case. At least you know they are working on yours. We are about to hit 3 months after bio appt and we don't know anything yet.

I know.. it's frustrating... but you should be close! 

What do you guys do while you wait?

I'm in MN, snow started.. does not help to keep yourself out of overthinking and going crazy lol

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

I know.. it's frustrating... but you should be close! 

What do you guys do while you wait?

I'm in MN, snow started.. does not help to keep yourself out of overthinking and going crazy lol

Haha yeah. We are in Tulsa Oklahoma. It's funny my company's HQ are in Eagan mn. I've been there once or twice. I loved the Lego store in the mall of America lol My wife will be a bit bored until January when she starts community college again. She holds an architect degree but for now all she can take are non credit English classes which are helping her a lot to get out of the apt. Her first semester finished a few weeks ago. Aside from that we try to hang out with friends, go out, watch movies, play video games (we both are gamers haha), there's a beatiful park they built last year here in Tulsa which we try to go at least once a week. It's called the gathering place. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Haha yeah. We are in Tulsa Oklahoma. It's funny my company's HQ are in Eagan mn. I've been there once or twice. I loved the Lego store in the mall of America lol My wife will be a bit bored until January when she starts community college again. She holds an architect degree but for now all she can take are non credit English classes which are helping her a lot to get out of the apt. Her first semester finished a few weeks ago. Aside from that we try to hang out with friends, go out, watch movies, play video games (we both are gamers haha), there's a beatiful park they built last year here in Tulsa which we try to go at least once a week. It's called the gathering place. 

ahaha everybody loves Mall of America. The first time i was over there i was mind blown. If you guys ever come this way, and are interested, let me know and we can grab a beer somewhere.

I'm doing classes online. I worked at IBM for 10 years as a tech and then as a service manager, so I'm trying to get some certificates (six sigma, agile, whatever i can chew on) so I don't get rusty and try to build up my resume.  It's hard to stay still waiting. 

I guess I will have to find another activity to get me out of the house. Over here is hard to go out without a car. There's no public transport in this zone. And it goes like.. driver's license -> buy car -> snowing really hard so pay extra to rent another garabe = too much money for now. 

Will see how to figure that one out.. thanks for replying! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

ahaha everybody loves Mall of America. The first time i was over there i was mind blown. If you guys ever come this way, and are interested, let me know and we can grab a beer somewhere.

I'm doing classes online. I worked at IBM for 10 years as a tech and then as a service manager, so I'm trying to get some certificates (six sigma, agile, whatever i can chew on) so I don't get rusty and try to build up my resume.  It's hard to stay still waiting. 

I guess I will have to find another activity to get me out of the house. Over here is hard to go out without a car. There's no public transport in this zone. And it goes like.. driver's license -> buy car -> snowing really hard so pay extra to rent another garabe = too much money for now. 

Will see how to figure that one out.. thanks for replying! 

Sounds like you should be able to find something quick once you get the EAD or GC after working for IBM. 

I'm still amazed that they do not let people with a K1 get a driver license, even if one has the proof of NOA1 that the EAD and GC are in process. Do you know where it officially says that someone cannot drive in the US even if they hold a valid foreign DL and is insured? 

Yeah for sure! it would be nice to meet up. It would be nice to meet up with argentinian filers and have a good laugh at how slow this process is haha.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Sounds like you should be able to find something quick once you get the EAD or GC after working for IBM. 

I'm still amazed that they do not let people with a K1 get a driver license, even if one has the proof of NOA1 that the EAD and GC are in process. Do you know where it officially says that someone cannot drive in the US even if they hold a valid foreign DL and is insured? 

I hope so! I guess I'm doomed to IT world hahah

I was told that I can get my DL presenting my NOA stating that the papers are being proccesed, but I know it depends on the state. 

On my case, they will approve it only if I pass every test, as everybody AND will be temporary (six months) until I get my final approval. 

They let me rent a car with my license from Argentina, but i don't know what the situation could be if somehow police stop me and asks for my papers. We felt it was too risky to drive around with the license from Argentina, even if it was a rented car. 

Edited by Fla&Mark

Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, Fla&Mark said:

Hi all!

Thanks everybody!

I received the same RFE. I sent it again with the translation and I also sent the not official birth certificate as a back up. I got the RFE in September 12 and I’m still waiting for the update of ‘RFE received’ online. 
I made an inquiry two weeks ago trying to figure it out why they didn’t answer and I got a response yesterday saying that they are still processing the answer (not really helpful at all)

Hopefully I’ll get some update by the end of the year. 
As for me, I’m in NYC and there is a lot of stuff to do all the time but I struggle a lot to get out of the house. I joined a running club and I’m training for s half marathon in February. Besides that, I’m ready to work! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, andreaam said:

I received the same RFE. I sent it again with the translation and I also sent the not official birth certificate as a back up. I got the RFE in September 12 and I’m still waiting for the update of ‘RFE received’ online. 
I made an inquiry two weeks ago trying to figure it out why they didn’t answer and I got a response yesterday saying that they are still processing the answer (not really helpful at all)

Hopefully I’ll get some update by the end of the year. 
As for me, I’m in NYC and there is a lot of stuff to do all the time but I struggle a lot to get out of the house. I joined a running club and I’m training for s half marathon in February. Besides that, I’m ready to work! 

I will go with the same path as you. Wish me luck and now more than ever. i feel you! hahah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.