majune06

May 2019 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

119 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/3/2019 at 11:00 AM, cresh_20 said:

Hi guys! Any news from the Immigration? It’s been 3 months. 

Hello!!!! I just can a USA citizen on August the 1st; and I want to apply for both parents, I been reading uscis page how to file; I just want to ask you beside the I-130 form why else I should attach to the application? And do I have to file two I-130 one for mom and one for my dad ? What about w2 !? Thank you so much I am just little lost lol 😆 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got the I-797 Notice of Action for both of my parents. Anybody knows about what document we should prepare while waiting for the next step? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

That is good to hear cresh_20

Did you file for Adjustment of Status (i-485) for your parents? It is good to see an approval in 5 months. I was thinking it takes about a year to get i-130 approved.

What Service Center was your parents case at?

For next steps, I haven't gone to that stage but I heard that we need to get the documents like birth certificate, tax returns, W2 ready with scanned copy and we upload it on some website.

Timeline

Nope i did not apply for I-485 Adjustment of Status because they are outside the country. I will let you guys know once i got the next step which is coming from NVC. Good luck to us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

cresh_20 - You got lucky or your parents case might be at Potomac Service Center as the USCIS website for Processing shows the following - Which Service Center was your parents?

As of now Per https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Nebraska/CA - 12 Months to 15.5 Months
Potomac - 7 Months to 9 Months
Texas - 8.5 Months to 11 Months
VT - 11.5 Months to 15 Months

Timeline

Hi Majune,

Thank you. I just checked, it was in Texas Service Center. Yours will come soon too, did you processed both of your Parents? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Parents  i-130 Approved on Oct11,filed on 16may TSC,THEY SEND THERE FILE TO NVC ON OCT21 ,WATING FOR NVC CASE NUMBER SO I CAN START NEXT STEP.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

@LOVE MY LIFE, @Cresh_20,

Congrats! 

I wish I was that lucky. And I live in Texas, but got assigned to Nebraska Service Center .... It’s more than a year wait times at NBC!

May 28- Filed I-130

May 29- Case Received 

Nov 1 - Case Approved

Finally!  I petitioned for my Mother and she’s so happy we are 1 step closer

I read that the next part is NVC, any documents that I need to prepare?

I saw this flowchart in the website for NVC part,  

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Anyone know if it is still the same?

Thanks!

Edited by patrickleevill

Timeline

Here are the Documents might be needed by all of us in the future processing.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/appt letter_checklist for interview.pdf

112F6A27-219F-402F-B22F-8247590B2483.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.