Jump to content
Ban Hammer

Ford vs. Chevy debate ignites shooting at Virginia family dinner

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Memo from Detroit:

No, no, no, don't take it this far. We love our cars and trucks and a lot of folks here are passionate about their hometown brands. 

But, Virginia authorities say, a man in Bedford County went way overboard.

Mark Edwin Turner, 56, is charged with felony malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by a felon after an argument — at a pre-Easter dinner, no less — between Turner and his girlfriend's son about whether Chevy or Ford is better. 

Prosecutors said that Turner, his girlfriend and the son's girlfriend were outside when the argument started "over which truck manufacturer was better," WSET-TV in Lynchburg reported. (When we write about Truck Wars, this isn't what we mean, just to be clear.)

more at https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2019/05/01/ford-chevy-shooting-virginia/3637905002/


* ~ * Charles * ~ *
 

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

 

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

curious which one he espoused, I'd kill to prove my love to my (unknown) pickup 

The story said they asked authorities, but could not find out.  This guy really loves his brand and now most likely will not get to drive it for a while.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If not also Bush's fault.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't make this stuff up


Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

If more people would just buy Honda Ridgelines, we wouldn't have these problems.  Just sayin'.

ugliest vehicle on the road ... lol


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

ugliest vehicle on the road ... lol

Far from it.  Go test drive one and get back to me.  But make sure it is the RTL-E model.  Comfortable, at the top of the power curve in class, and that composite bed and in-box trunk are to die for. 

 

To each their own, I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Far from it.  Go test drive one and get back to me.  But make sure it is the RTL-E model.  Comfortable, at the top of the power curve in class, and that composite bed and in-box trunk are to die for. 

 

To each their own, I reckon.

I am sure it drives great, aesthetically, not my cup of tea


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

If more people would just buy Honda Ridgelines, we wouldn't have these problems.  Just sayin'.

I dont see your typical Ridgeline driver shooting a family member a dinner over it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Far from it.  Go test drive one and get back to me.  But make sure it is the RTL-E model.  Comfortable, at the top of the power curve in class, and that composite bed and in-box trunk are to die for. 

 

To each their own, I reckon.

Did your’s get recalled?

 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26360711/honda-ridgeline-fuel-pump-recall/

 

Personally, I am not a truck guy, I actually like driving sedans.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Did your’s get recalled?

 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26360711/honda-ridgeline-fuel-pump-recall/

 

Personally, I am not a truck guy, I actually like driving sedans.

I have a notice on my nightstand at home.  I think it's the fuel pump one (soap damage on top of the tank).  Havent taken it in yet.  My truck has never been in a car wash, only at home with mild soaps, so I should be good.

 

The interior comfort of the RL is comparable to most sedans, that's why I'm on my second one.  I have no need for a big truck, but it's handy for picking up lumber and such. I actually installed a bed rug and a tonneau cover, so the bed is pretty comfy for tailgating if need be.  And the trunk is an amazing feature.  Waterproof, and can easily be a cooler.  The composite bed will never rust.  I'm really surprised no one else has followed suit with these last two features, they are the bees knees.

3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I dont see your typical Ridgeline driver shooting a family member a dinner over it 

You've obviously never told your asawa that you can make better rice than her over the dinner table...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

I have a notice on my nightstand at home.  I think it's the fuel pump one (soap damage on top of the tank).  Havent taken it in yet.  My truck has never been in a car wash, only at home with mild soaps, so I should be good.

 

The interior comfort of the RL is comparable to most sedans, that's why I'm on my second one.  I have no need for a big truck, but it's handy for picking up lumber and such. I actually installed a bed rug and a tonneau cover, so the bed is pretty comfy for tailgating if need be.  And the trunk is an amazing feature.  Waterproof, and can easily be a cooler.  The composite bed will never rust.  I'm really surprised no one else has followed suit with these last two features, they are the bees knees.

Taco has had a composite bed since 2016

 

As for recall. People get way to excited about them. Toyota and Honda both make great vehicles and have a low risk tolerance for recalls, so do them if their is even a shadow of a doubt.

 

Also just because a company has a lot of recalls its the percentage of recalls per unit sold is what is important. The NHTSA will burn your but if they have to force you to do a recall and the fines are astronomical.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Taco has had a composite bed since 2016

 

As for recall. People get way to excited about them. Toyota and Honda both make great vehicles and have a low risk tolerance for recalls, so do them if their is even a shadow of a doubt.

 

Also just because a company has a lot of recalls its the percentage of recalls per unit sold is what is important. The NHTSA will burn your but if they have to force you to do a recall and the fines are astronomical.  

The Gen1 RL had a composite bed back in 2005, but it seemed to fade (black to greyish).  Supposedly, this new material will stay black longer.  Either is better than metal, IMO due to rust.  Had a RAM salesman in Detroit tell me they don't rust one time, just as one was driving by with holes in the rear fenders.  Horrible timing on his part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...