Trishalyn

Need help! Removal Of condition I-751

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i need help on this, i’m about to file my petition for removal of condition form I-751. I gathered all documents we have for the past years but i dont know where to start? Do you have samples for a cover letter? Is it necessary to provide Affidavit sworn by two person close to  us? 

Evidence we gathered are:

•birth certificate of my child

•2017-2018 ITR tax filed jointly

•joint checking account

•both gov. id’s showing same address

•Insurance Policy’s showing husband as beneficiary

•previous health plan coverage enrolled via hubby’s company as his beneficiary.

•certificate from hospital where my son was born stated both hubby and me as parents.

•photograph with our family and friends

with above mention, are those enough? 

With the lease of contract of the house, i was not included because when the time it was rented i wasn't here in the US yet. 

Thanks in advance for your help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I used this guide and the cover letter example:  https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, Trishalyn said:

Hi, i need help on this, i’m about to file my petition for removal of condition form I-751. I gathered all documents we have for the past years but i dont know where to start? Do you have samples for a cover letter? Is it necessary to provide Affidavit sworn by two person close to  us? 

•joint checking account

•certificate from hospital where my son was born stated both hubby and me as parents.

With the lease of contract of the house, i was not included because when the time it was rented i wasn't here in the US yet. 

joint utilities, mortgage in both names or apartment lease in both names, if you have car loans together, car insurance together.

pretty much anything you can think of that list both names together.

We sent this and were approved with no RFE. Note every case is different, what may have worked for us, may not work for you.

Provide what you can, if you're on the 2018-2019 lease then provide that only, you can write a statement for anything you feel is missing.

We didn't provide 2016-2017 lease because I didn't have him added, we didn't provide Driver's Licences because I forgot about that, and we didn't provide medical insurance because we have separate plans because we work for the same company and it was cheaper that way lol. We were going to just write statements for anything like that if we did get RFE'd

• Joint Car loan for 2016 Nissan Rogue in both our names
  • Joint Car loan for 2016 Hyundai Accent in both of our names (sent the actual loan agreement for both and statements)
  • Joint bank account where all of the money goes in both of our names (Four-Five COMPLETE monthly statements for 2016, 2017, and two statements from 2018)
  • 2016 and 2017 tax returns filled jointly
  • Document showing we are each others  beneficiaries for our own stock plans
  • Document showing we are each others  beneficiaries for our own 401Ks 
  • Documents showing we are each others beneficiary to life insurance plans
  • Cable bill in his name to our home address
  • Electric bill in my name to our home address
  • Pay stubs showing same home address
  • Apartment lease in both of our names for 2017-2018, 2018-2019 (did not provide 2016-2017)
  • School registration showing that he is an emergency contact for my daughter
  • Car insurance for both cars in both of our names
  • Renters insurance in both of our names for our apartment
  • Christmas cards addressed to us
  • Pictures of us on vacation, out with my daughter, family gatherings etc. Printed on regular paper, hand wrote dates and event if there was an event
  • Hotel bill/Reservations from vacation
Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

We sent something like this and were approved with no RFE or interview. Note that everyone's situation is different but I would urge the couple to be as thorough as possible. There will likely be a lot of quantity but quality is also critical.

An intro letter from both  of us explaining our circumstances so far. This is especially important if you live with family, have unique living arrangements, or have certain bills split different ways.

Copies of IDs showing common address.

Life insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

Health, dental, and vision insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

IRS tax return transcripts. Due to our certain circumstances we did not file all three years, so we wrote an explanatory letter regarding the particular year we did not file.

State tax returns. This may not be a necessary item.

Copy of marriage certificate - likely also not necessary.

Pension information.

Every single bank statement from every single year in order from the date of marriage. We highlighted and pointed out items of particular interest being deposited into the account.

Copies of joint cards

Statements from those joint cards.

Other joint bills, copies of joint phone plans, club memberships, car bills, and pet adoption evidence.

Copies of important joint letters, such as from the SSA showing I changed my name, letters from insurance companies in an injury settlement case after we were injured in a car crash, or EOBs when we were both seen by the same doctor on the same day.

Receipts from trips, hotel stays, dinner reservations, tickets where we visited places. Some of these clearly matched up to photographs we submitted.

Wills, power of attorney, and living wills - some notarized by friends in accordance with our state law.

Affidavits from family we reside with. These were not notarized but had clear wording acknowledging truthfulness and willingness to testify if requested.

Photographs from wedding to present date. Marked everything on the back.

Mail from friends and family, such as cards and other evidence from our wedding and throughout our marriage.

We continued to compile evidence just in case there was an RFE or interview, however this satisfied the reviewer of our case apparently.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

we live together with my sister in law, the contract of lease was named to my sister in law and my hubby with quote “live together with wife and children”, but my name was not put in there. Is that okay? 

And also my hubby have a bad credit so there’s no way we can get phone line under our name (we got under my sister in law), car insurance also under my uncles name. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, yuna628 said:

We sent something like this and were approved with no RFE or interview. Note that everyone's situation is different but I would urge the couple to be as thorough as possible. There will likely be a lot of quantity but quality is also critical.

An intro letter from both  of us explaining our circumstances so far. This is especially important if you live with family, have unique living arrangements, or have certain bills split different ways.

Copies of IDs showing common address.

Life insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

Health, dental, and vision insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

IRS tax return transcripts. Due to our certain circumstances we did not file all three years, so we wrote an explanatory letter regarding the particular year we did not file.

State tax returns. This may not be a necessary item.

Copy of marriage certificate - likely also not necessary.

Pension information.

Every single bank statement from every single year in order from the date of marriage. We highlighted and pointed out items of particular interest being deposited into the account.

Copies of joint cards

Statements from those joint cards.

Other joint bills, copies of joint phone plans, club memberships, car bills, and pet adoption evidence.

Copies of important joint letters, such as from the SSA showing I changed my name, letters from insurance companies in an injury settlement case after we were injured in a car crash, or EOBs when we were both seen by the same doctor on the same day.

Receipts from trips, hotel stays, dinner reservations, tickets where we visited places. Some of these clearly matched up to photographs we submitted.

Wills, power of attorney, and living wills - some notarized by friends in accordance with our state law.

Affidavits from family we reside with. These were not notarized but had clear wording acknowledging truthfulness and willingness to testify if requested.

Photographs from wedding to present date. Marked everything on the back.

Mail from friends and family, such as cards and other evidence from our wedding and throughout our marriage.

We continued to compile evidence just in case there was an RFE or interview, however this satisfied the reviewer of our case apparently.

how long they normally approved the petition?

15 minutes ago, Trishalyn said:

how long they normally approved the petition?

It was about 14 months for us, we were transferred recently which speeded up the process... otherwise I'm sure we'd still be waiting.

With regard to the phone line, does the spouse with bad credit have a pay as you go-phone? My husband had virtually no credit whatsoever, but ATT has go-phone plans that are easy to set up with multi-lines, and it's cheaper if the bill is direct debited from a bank account every month. I think with a lot of the bill issues and how they are set up you're going to have to explain clearly to them in your letter.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
6 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

It was about 14 months for us, we were transferred recently which speeded up the process... otherwise I'm sure we'd still be waiting.

With regard to the phone line, does the spouse with bad credit have a pay as you go-phone? My husband had virtually no credit whatsoever, but ATT has go-phone plans that are easy to set up with multi-lines, and it's cheaper if the bill is direct debited from a bank account every month. I think with a lot of the bill issues and how they are set up you're going to have to explain clearly to them in your letter.

with the phone line we were added from

my sis in law’s account for both of us. 

3 hours ago, Trishalyn said:

we live together with my sister in law, the contract of lease was named to my sister in law and my hubby with quote “live together with wife and children”, but my name was not put in there. Is that okay? 

And also my hubby have a bad credit so there’s no way we can get phone line under our name (we got under my sister in law), car insurance also under my uncles name. 

Realistically, not everyone who moves to the US to live with their spouse would have it made like a bed of roses. I came up here and moved in with my inlaws before I could start on my own 2 feet. I'm a go-getter so I like to have my own things and not rely on people to give me things.

Everyone isn't so fortunate and the struggle is real so you can't be frowned upon for not having your own house, lease agreement, etc. Things DO cost money and the right job does not always land in your lap to afford you the basic luxuries to live in the US.

Don't beat yourself up over it. ;) 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Trishalyn said:

Do you at least share or rent a room from your sister in law?  Do you share phone line with her too and pay your share for the line?  Do you share for the car insurance?  Although they are not under your name have them write an affidavit that is notarized  explaining your living arrangement  with both of you and hubby names on it plus whatever monthly amount you pay and the length of time .  

On 5/1/2019 at 1:21 AM, Trishalyn said:

•joint checking account

Above is plenty especially since you have a child. 

3 hours ago, ZJoburg said:

Above is plenty especially since you have a child. 

Don't play the child card too much. It just shows you did the dirty and waited 9 months. 

OP: Include an "Evidence Guide" organizing your evidence in the sections in the framework I've linked below (cohabitation, co-mingled finances, etc.). Click the arrow to go directly to the post. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Trishalyn said:

By the way, in the i-751, who’s the petitioner referring to is it me with a conditional status or my hubby a citizen? 

thanks

You.

This is to remove your conditions. 

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.