Jump to content
Trishalyn

Need help! Removal Of condition I-751

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, i need help on this, i’m about to file my petition for removal of condition form I-751. I gathered all documents we have for the past years but i dont know where to start? Do you have samples for a cover letter? Is it necessary to provide Affidavit sworn by two person close to  us? 

 

Evidence we gathered are:

•birth certificate of my child

•2017-2018 ITR tax filed jointly

•joint checking account

•both gov. id’s showing same address

•Insurance Policy’s showing husband as beneficiary

•previous health plan coverage enrolled via hubby’s company as his beneficiary.

•certificate from hospital where my son was born stated both hubby and me as parents.

•photograph with our family and friends

 

 

with above mention, are those enough? 

With the lease of contract of the house, i was not included because when the time it was rented i wasn't here in the US yet. 

 

 

Thanks in advance for your help 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used this guide and the cover letter example:  https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trishalyn said:

Hi, i need help on this, i’m about to file my petition for removal of condition form I-751. I gathered all documents we have for the past years but i dont know where to start? Do you have samples for a cover letter? Is it necessary to provide Affidavit sworn by two person close to  us? 

 

Evidence we gathered are:

•birth certificate of my child

•2017-2018 ITR tax filed jointly

•joint checking account

•both gov. id’s showing same address

•Insurance Policy’s showing husband as beneficiary

•previous health plan coverage enrolled via hubby’s company as his beneficiary.

•certificate from hospital where my son was born stated both hubby and me as parents.

•photograph with our family and friends

 

with above mention, are those enough? 

With the lease of contract of the house, i was not included because when the time it was rented i wasn't here in the US yet. 

 

Thanks in advance for your help 

joint utilities, mortgage in both names or apartment lease in both names, if you have car loans together, car insurance together.

 

pretty much anything you can think of that list both names together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We sent this and were approved with no RFE. Note every case is different, what may have worked for us, may not work for you.

Provide what you can, if you're on the 2018-2019 lease then provide that only, you can write a statement for anything you feel is missing.

We didn't provide 2016-2017 lease because I didn't have him added, we didn't provide Driver's Licences because I forgot about that, and we didn't provide medical insurance because we have separate plans because we work for the same company and it was cheaper that way lol. We were going to just write statements for anything like that if we did get RFE'd
 

  • Joint Car loan for 2016 Nissan Rogue in both our names
  • Joint Car loan for 2016 Hyundai Accent in both of our names (sent the actual loan agreement for both and statements)
  • Joint bank account where all of the money goes in both of our names (Four-Five COMPLETE monthly statements for 2016, 2017, and two statements from 2018)
  • 2016 and 2017 tax returns filled jointly
  • Document showing we are each others  beneficiaries for our own stock plans
  • Document showing we are each others  beneficiaries for our own 401Ks 
  • Documents showing we are each others beneficiary to life insurance plans
  • Cable bill in his name to our home address
  • Electric bill in my name to our home address
  • Pay stubs showing same home address
  • Apartment lease in both of our names for 2017-2018, 2018-2019 (did not provide 2016-2017)
  • School registration showing that he is an emergency contact for my daughter
  • Car insurance for both cars in both of our names
  • Renters insurance in both of our names for our apartment
  • Christmas cards addressed to us
  • Pictures of us on vacation, out with my daughter, family gatherings etc. Printed on regular paper, hand wrote dates and event if there was an event
  • Hotel bill/Reservations from vacation
Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*
 
Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

The K-1 Process:    Done in 208 days                                               
 

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              


                                                
 AOS   Done in 77 days                                                                            
 

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

 



ROC  - Done in 326 days

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/08/19 - GC marked as delivered but was delivered to someone else’s mailbox!

05/09/19 - USPS found and redelivered green card! In hand now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sent something like this and were approved with no RFE or interview. Note that everyone's situation is different but I would urge the couple to be as thorough as possible. There will likely be a lot of quantity but quality is also critical.

 

 

An intro letter from both  of us explaining our circumstances so far. This is especially important if you live with family, have unique living arrangements, or have certain bills split different ways.

Copies of IDs showing common address.

Life insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

Health, dental, and vision insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

IRS tax return transcripts. Due to our certain circumstances we did not file all three years, so we wrote an explanatory letter regarding the particular year we did not file.

State tax returns. This may not be a necessary item.

Copy of marriage certificate - likely also not necessary.

Pension information.

Every single bank statement from every single year in order from the date of marriage. We highlighted and pointed out items of particular interest being deposited into the account.

Copies of joint cards

Statements from those joint cards.

Other joint bills, copies of joint phone plans, club memberships, car bills, and pet adoption evidence.

Copies of important joint letters, such as from the SSA showing I changed my name, letters from insurance companies in an injury settlement case after we were injured in a car crash, or EOBs when we were both seen by the same doctor on the same day.

Receipts from trips, hotel stays, dinner reservations, tickets where we visited places. Some of these clearly matched up to photographs we submitted.

Wills, power of attorney, and living wills - some notarized by friends in accordance with our state law.

Affidavits from family we reside with. These were not notarized but had clear wording acknowledging truthfulness and willingness to testify if requested.

Photographs from wedding to present date. Marked everything on the back.

Mail from friends and family, such as cards and other evidence from our wedding and throughout our marriage.

 

We continued to compile evidence just in case there was an RFE or interview, however this satisfied the reviewer of our case apparently.

 


K-1 - AOS & ROC Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

 

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo) 8/13/18 (18 mo)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 - Error will need to file I90 >_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we live together with my sister in law, the contract of lease was named to my sister in law and my hubby with quote “live together with wife and children”, but my name was not put in there. Is that okay? 

 

And also my hubby have a bad credit so there’s no way we can get phone line under our name (we got under my sister in law), car insurance also under my uncles name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yuna628 said:

We sent something like this and were approved with no RFE or interview. Note that everyone's situation is different but I would urge the couple to be as thorough as possible. There will likely be a lot of quantity but quality is also critical.

 

 

An intro letter from both  of us explaining our circumstances so far. This is especially important if you live with family, have unique living arrangements, or have certain bills split different ways.

Copies of IDs showing common address.

Life insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

Health, dental, and vision insurance policies and documents showing beneficiary

IRS tax return transcripts. Due to our certain circumstances we did not file all three years, so we wrote an explanatory letter regarding the particular year we did not file.

State tax returns. This may not be a necessary item.

Copy of marriage certificate - likely also not necessary.

Pension information.

Every single bank statement from every single year in order from the date of marriage. We highlighted and pointed out items of particular interest being deposited into the account.

Copies of joint cards

Statements from those joint cards.

Other joint bills, copies of joint phone plans, club memberships, car bills, and pet adoption evidence.

Copies of important joint letters, such as from the SSA showing I changed my name, letters from insurance companies in an injury settlement case after we were injured in a car crash, or EOBs when we were both seen by the same doctor on the same day.

Receipts from trips, hotel stays, dinner reservations, tickets where we visited places. Some of these clearly matched up to photographs we submitted.

Wills, power of attorney, and living wills - some notarized by friends in accordance with our state law.

Affidavits from family we reside with. These were not notarized but had clear wording acknowledging truthfulness and willingness to testify if requested.

Photographs from wedding to present date. Marked everything on the back.

Mail from friends and family, such as cards and other evidence from our wedding and throughout our marriage.

 

We continued to compile evidence just in case there was an RFE or interview, however this satisfied the reviewer of our case apparently.

 

how long they normally approved the petition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Trishalyn said:

how long they normally approved the petition?

It was about 14 months for us, we were transferred recently which speeded up the process... otherwise I'm sure we'd still be waiting.

 

With regard to the phone line, does the spouse with bad credit have a pay as you go-phone? My husband had virtually no credit whatsoever, but ATT has go-phone plans that are easy to set up with multi-lines, and it's cheaper if the bill is direct debited from a bank account every month. I think with a lot of the bill issues and how they are set up you're going to have to explain clearly to them in your letter.


K-1 - AOS & ROC Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

 

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo) 8/13/18 (18 mo)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 - Error will need to file I90 >_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

It was about 14 months for us, we were transferred recently which speeded up the process... otherwise I'm sure we'd still be waiting.

 

With regard to the phone line, does the spouse with bad credit have a pay as you go-phone? My husband had virtually no credit whatsoever, but ATT has go-phone plans that are easy to set up with multi-lines, and it's cheaper if the bill is direct debited from a bank account every month. I think with a lot of the bill issues and how they are set up you're going to have to explain clearly to them in your letter.

with the phone line we were added from

 my sis in law’s account for both of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trishalyn said:

we live together with my sister in law, the contract of lease was named to my sister in law and my hubby with quote “live together with wife and children”, but my name was not put in there. Is that okay? 

 

And also my hubby have a bad credit so there’s no way we can get phone line under our name (we got under my sister in law), car insurance also under my uncles name. 

Realistically, not everyone who moves to the US to live with their spouse would have it made like a bed of roses. I came up here and moved in with my inlaws before I could start on my own 2 feet. I'm a go-getter so I like to have my own things and not rely on people to give me things.

 

Everyone isn't so fortunate and the struggle is real so you can't be frowned upon for not having your own house, lease agreement, etc. Things DO cost money and the right job does not always land in your lap to afford you the basic luxuries to live in the US.

 

Don't beat yourself up over it. ;) 


IR-1/CR-1

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016
 
I-751 FILER   
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
event.png

event.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trishalyn said:

we live together with my sister in law, the contract of lease was named to my sister in law and my hubby with quote “live together with wife and children”, but my name was not put in there. Is that okay? 

 

And also my hubby have a bad credit so there’s no way we can get phone line under our name (we got under my sister in law), car insurance also under my uncles name. 

 Do you at least share or rent a room from your sister in law?  Do you share phone line with her too and pay your share for the line?  Do you share for the car insurance?  Although they are not under your name have them write an affidavit that is notarized  explaining your living arrangement  with both of you and hubby names on it plus whatever monthly amount you pay and the length of time .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 1:21 AM, Trishalyn said:

Hi, i need help on this, i’m about to file my petition for removal of condition form I-751. I gathered all documents we have for the past years but i dont know where to start? Do you have samples for a cover letter? Is it necessary to provide Affidavit sworn by two person close to  us? 

 

Evidence we gathered are:

•birth certificate of my child

•2017-2018 ITR tax filed jointly

•joint checking account

•both gov. id’s showing same address

•Insurance Policy’s showing husband as beneficiary

•previous health plan coverage enrolled via hubby’s company as his beneficiary.

•certificate from hospital where my son was born stated both hubby and me as parents.

•photograph with our family and friends

 

 

with above mention, are those enough? 

With the lease of contract of the house, i was not included because when the time it was rented i wasn't here in the US yet. 

 

 

Thanks in advance for your help 

 

 

 

 

 

Above is plenty especially since you have a child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZJoburg said:

Above is plenty especially since you have a child. 

Don't play the child card too much. It just shows you did the dirty and waited 9 months. 

 

OP: Include an "Evidence Guide" organizing your evidence in the sections in the framework I've linked below (cohabitation, co-mingled finances, etc.). Click the arrow to go directly to the post. Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trishalyn said:

By the way, in the i-751, who’s the petitioner referring to is it me with a conditional status or my hubby a citizen? 

 

 

thanks

You.

This is to remove your conditions. 


*More detailed timeline in profile!*
 
Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

The K-1 Process:    Done in 208 days                                               
 

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              


                                                
 AOS   Done in 77 days                                                                            
 

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

 



ROC  - Done in 326 days

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/08/19 - GC marked as delivered but was delivered to someone else’s mailbox!

05/09/19 - USPS found and redelivered green card! In hand now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...