Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Just now, US&TN said:

Congratulations.  I thought that for the k1 Visa you don't have to sent anything to NVC they just give you a case number 

It is probably so, I asked that, but I read on their guidelines on the Travel state website, however it might be pertaining to the CR-1 visa, so I would recommend doing your double checks as I am as well.

and thanks!! My NOA 2 date was 9 May 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, US&TN said:

Hi , anyone get their case number yet? What's your noa2 date ?

Our NOA2 is 05/14. The case was received by NVC last week, no case number yet. Anyway, there's no rush, as we haven't met the deadline for 06/11 shipment. So, we will patiently (ha ha) wait for 06/25.

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Our NOA2 is 05/14. The case was received by NVC last week, no case number yet. Anyway, there's no rush, as we haven't met the deadline for 06/11 shipment. So, we will patiently (ha ha) wait for 06/25.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about too . It seems like we don't have an opportunity to in 06/11 shipment 

4 hours ago, US&TN said:

Congratulations.  I thought that for the k1 Visa you don't have to sent anything to NVC they just give you a case number 

3 hours ago, KyleB22 said:

It is probably so, I asked that, but I read on their guidelines on the Travel state website, however it might be pertaining to the CR-1 visa, so I would recommend doing your double checks as I am as well.

and thanks!! My NOA 2 date was 9 May 

Nothing gets sent to NVC during this process for a K-1 visa. NVC will request documents from CR-1 and therefore they are required to submit.

This all goes back to the "immigrant" and "non-immigrant" status argument for each. CR-1 is truly a immigrant visa. Where the K-1 is a non-immigrant with immigrations intent. We don't know why they can't differentiate the information that NVC produces, but we see the same letter asking K-1 to send information to NVC or wait for further instructions from NVC, which you do neither as a K1.

4 hours ago, KyleB22 said:

I Got my case number last week Monday and I worked out on the Julian day calendar they assigned our case number the 30th of May, does anyone know if the South African's need to submit any docs to the NVC before they ship it out to us 

See my reply above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Hi! Still have a ways to go but you are almost there. Normal tracking from NOA2 is 4 to 6 weeks then 2 weeks for case assignment then the next phase is dependent on the shipping schedule. Follow the information on the first page of this thread and first post  for more guidance. 

Thank you for the guidance. Really appreciate it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

@Greenbaum Thanks! I tried my best to find the info and not clog up the forum, but I will be tracking the parcels via your advice on the DHL hack this week and will update! Have a good one 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lyubov said:

@Lyubov thanks for sharing your progress. Our NOA2 was on the same date 05/14, NVC received the case on June 5th but similarly, there is no case number yet. Let's wait and stay optimistic haha 🤗

K1 

• I-129F sent:                       Feb 09, 2019
  • Interview:                          Aug 26, 2019
  • K1 visa received:             Sep 30, 2019
  • US Entry:                           Nov 23, 2019
  • Marriage:                          Feb 02. 2020

AOS

• Submission:                     Feb 20, 2020
  • Biometrics:                       Mar 08, 2020
  • EAD/AP Approved:          Jul 28, 2020

Timeline

Well my fiance called NVC today and the lady on the phone  told him that they didn't receive our petition yet it should be here soon and he should call later this week.  

He asked her about the shipment on June 25 ahe literally told him " Who told you that that's not true after we assign a case number for you we send it right away to the embassy " 

I'm really confused right now ? 

29 minutes ago, US&TN said:

Well my fiance called NVC today and the lady on the phone  told him that they didn't receive our petition yet it should be here soon and he should call later this week.  

He asked her about the shipment on June 25 ahe literally told him " Who told you that that's not true after we assign a case number for you we send it right away to the embassy " 

I'm really confused right now ? 

We have seen this before where they will not confirm or deny that shipments regularly go out on the every other week schedule. So, it doesn't surprise me that she would reveal this information. Their job is to give you what they see on your case file. It's not to opine when this or that will happen as they really don't have any idea. You know, if I were a betting man, which I am not, I'd go with every other week as this is what has been the SOP for the shipments out of NVC for the past 8 months. I think that is pretty good track record. Of course there are some embassy, not many, where files are sent electronically when they are complete at NVC. China is one of those embassy's. I have no information that Tunisia is one of them. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

We have seen this before where they will not confirm or deny that shipments regularly go out on the every other week schedule. So, it doesn't surprise me that she would reveal this information. Their job is to give you what they see on your case file. It's not to opine when this or that will happen as they really don't have any idea. You know, if I were a betting man, which I am not, I'd go with every other week as this is what has been the SOP for the shipments out of NVC for the past 8 months. I think that is pretty good track record. Of course there are some embassy, not many, where files are sent electronically when they are complete at NVC. China is one of those embassy's. I have no information that Tunisia is one of them. 

Thank you that's what I thought too . I think that she doesn't wanna say anything about the shipment days . And btw she told my fiance he should of sent them his e-mail ( which I did right after we get noa2 ) she told him it's not showing in the system and now she can't put it 

I don't know why it doesn't show in the system that we sent them our emails 

9 minutes ago, US&TN said:

Thank you that's what I thought too . I think that she doesn't wanna say anything about the shipment days . And btw she told my fiance he should of sent them his e-mail ( which I did right after we get noa2 ) she told him it's not showing in the system and now she can't put it 

I don't know why it doesn't show in the system that we sent them our emails 

Try registering the email again at askNVC. If you need instructions locate the information in the first post of any NOA2 to NVC thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

I just called the nvc, they told me that my case arrived today, but they still do not have a case number, what time does it take to give the case number?

Just now, Liddy92 said:

I just called the nvc, they told me that my case arrived today, but they still do not have a case number, what time does it take to give the case number?

Recently we discussed the timeline. No one can say for sure but we see 1 to many days for case numbers to be assigned. I would think that if you were to call at the end of the week you would have your number. Your mileage will vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know of, or maybe I have not been able to find it in my searches here but, is there a flowchart anywhere with the NVC statuses?

15 minutes ago, calbrecht said:

Does anyone know of, or maybe I have not been able to find it in my searches here but, is there a flowchart anywhere with the NVC statuses?

There are only three NVC status on CEAC. I think you want to check your status after receiving your case number. Right?

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like an immigrant visa because of the AOS. It is kind of a ba$tard. Non-immigrant treated like an immigrant. Other non-immigrant visas do not usually end up with green cards!  The K-1 on its own is a single entry, short time limit visa that expires 90 days after POE. You are a non-immigrant (90 days limit) with immigrant intentions (GC). That is why it is a non-immigrant visa treated like an immigrant visa.

You have three stages 1) transit - shipment is in the air or soon will be, 2) received - physical case file is at the Embassy and 3) ready - your case is ready to schedule and complete your interview.  These will be your current state or status to your case file once you have received the case number.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.