Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 FILERS

484 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, waiting4mysweetie said:

Has anyone preemptively sent in corrections and/or evidence to their petition without an RFE?

I sent in additional documents to USCIS I was able to track the letter to USCIS and it's delivery. I don't know if it was added or even looked at insofar as my I-129F goes as I never got a confirmation letter. I did not receive a RFE and my I-129F was approved. I did have an extended approval time, but I don't think the documents I sent in was the cause

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 hours ago, waiting4mysweetie said:

Hi all,

I sent my petition on 4/27/19 and it arrived at Lewisville on 5/1/19. First NOA1 dated 5/6/19. The problem:(??? After going over my packet with a fine tooth comb for several week before mailing it off, I still somehow made an error on my beneficiary's DOB and noticed it on 4/30. USCIS CSR recommended I wait until  I receive my NOA1 and case/receipt# to write a letter explaining the error and would be sent a receipt/confirmation letter when changes were made. I did a bit a research online on how to construct the letter and this is how I found this forum in the first pace lol. However, after mailing off this letter to the CA processing center on 5/14/19, a month goes by w/o a confirmation letter/email or myaccount  on the uscis site updated. That's when I realized that I added an extra number to the receipt #. I don't know what impact it had because ever other identify info on the letter was 100% correct. Nevertheless, I mailed of the same letter again with the corrected receipt #, waited for a few weeks and spoke with CSR who informed me that since I was never sent an RFE  I will not be getting a confirmation letter. The CSR also clued me into what they can an cannot see on their end and what they can and cannot answer. So calling them any further is a big waist.

I'm looking at the processing timelines and while I fully understand everyone's case is different, I am still highly anticipating my NOA2 at the end of July and I am concerned that the errors I have made might result in delay. 

Has anyone preemptively sent in corrections and/or evidence to their petition without an RFE?

Here is an example of doing to much to soon. When an error small like the one you were chancing it would have been better to have waited for your case to be processed to the NOA2 or to the the point in which you received a RFE. An RFE is typically a  2 week delay. I can tell you that you are not the first nor will you be the last to make that error. The adjudicating agent would have figured out the error while doing searches on the background checks. Little mistakes are not grounds for denial. Out and out deception is a problem which you didn't exhibit with your error. You're going to be ok. Good luck on the rest of your journey. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you so much Greenbaum!!! I was secretly hoping you would respond to my post because I've read several of your responses and you have been such a big help to others. I have actually calmed down thanks to you.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I sent in additional documents to USCIS I was able to track the letter to USCIS and it's delivery. I don't know if it was added or even looked at insofar as my I-129F goes as I never got a confirmation letter. I did not receive a RFE and my I-129F was approved. I did have an extended approval time, but I don't think the documents I sent in was the cause

Were the documents to fix an error or was it additional info you wanted/needed to provide?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Yes I did. I noticed an error I made and called USCIS and a CSR told me to mail a letter. The CSR didn’t tell me I would get a confirmation. So I’m hoping they received and accepted it. We’ll see. I expect my petition to get adjucated soon. Hoping for the best 

Ok, please keep me posted and I will do the same. Best of luck (to us both).

25 minutes ago, waiting4mysweetie said:

Were the documents to fix an error or was it additional info you wanted/needed to provide?

Both

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Hi May Filers!! Happy New Month.  This should be the last FULL month before many of our cases are adjudicated. I'm looking forward to seeing the "NOA2 approved" messages start rolling in in a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Hi May Filers!! Happy New Month.  This should be the last FULL month before many of our cases are adjudicated. I'm looking forward to seeing the "NOA2 approved" messages start rolling in in a few weeks.

That's the spirit I hope so too!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi right back to everyone of you May Filers, We submitted our packet on May 13th and received our NOA1 on May 21st. I think it was Sarge that gave some really great advice and said to just stay busy doing other things and the time will pass quicker. My Fiance and I have been busy planning our wedding, making invitations, looking for wedding dress and Tux and the time has passed rather quickly. We are so excited and are pretty new to the site here. It really gets my heart racing when I see others receiving notification of their next step. We are praying that everything goes well and don't receive any RFE's because the less glitches the better. I wish all of you the best of luck with their journey, Take care and God Bless!

8 minutes ago, morry & ren said:

Hi right back to everyone of you May Filers, We submitted our packet on May 13th and received our NOA1 on May 21st. I think it was Sarge that gave some really great advice and said to just stay busy doing other things and the time will pass quicker. My Fiance and I have been busy planning our wedding, making invitations, looking for wedding dress and Tux and the time has passed rather quickly. We are so excited and are pretty new to the site here. It really gets my heart racing when I see others receiving notification of their next step. We are praying that everything goes well and don't receive any RFE's because the less glitches the better. I wish all of you the best of luck with their journey, Take care and God Bless!

Very good attitude!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, shoji said:

following this thread even though I'm a June filer. Excited to hear the first filer in May to get NOA2 :D 

😊😊😊

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, morry & ren said:

While waiting can I suggest the following.

The PSA in the Philippines is notorious for misspellings and missing information on birth certificates. You should look over your BC to make sure everything is correct as well as your passport. Now is the time to get that corrected. You might want to get a copy of your NBI to see if there are any problems with it. Again, now is a better time to get it corrected if you find something wrong. Be sure to use all your AKA's when they do the search. Make sure your passport doesn't expire any time before a year from now as this is a long process and you could be running around getting a new one at the last minute. So get it renewed if it is expiring in 2019.

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

55 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

Excited to see petitions getting approved for April filers, our turn next ! :D fingers crossed that things keep going at the same speed 

Won't be long now!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.