Nora&Jobany

K1 from Hong Kong received NOA2

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone, is there anyone from Hong Kong applying for K1 visa?

We filed in the petition on 6/1/2019, and received NOA1 on 10/1/2019 and NOA2 on 11/4/2019. 

I have seen so many posts about people not receiving packet 3, I'm wondering how long would it normally take for packet 3 to arrive after getting NOA2?

And during this time, is there any preparations I can do, e.g. apply for police clearance? 

Also I saw on VJ Us Consulate HK post:

"Requirements for the I-134 Affidavit of Support:
"A notarized I-134 enclosed with your employment letter, bank statements and latest tax return are required. When your fiancee has obtained all the documents on the checklist applicable to her case, please advise her to complete and return her completed visa forms to this office immediately so that proper action can be taken in her visa application : a) DS-230I, b) 2 copies of DS-156, c) DS-156K and d) FPU Preliminary Interview Form."

Here is a link that should be included under the DCF heading" 

Are the forms 3 forms (a) DS-230I, b) 2 copies of DS-156, c) DS-156K and d) FPU Preliminary Interview Form) needed for the interview? can we download and fill in those forms before receiving packet 3?

Any other advises for preparations for packet 3 & 4 and the interview with the ambassador?

Thank you very much!

Nora

15 minutes ago, Nora&Jobany said:

DCF is for spousal visa.

Please use mm/dd/yy for dates as this is a US based forum.

Await for the packet from the consulate.  Most of the forms you references are not utilized any more.

Police reports and I-134s need to be current when you interview.

The beneficiary will be interviewing with a Consular Officer not the Ambassador.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

DCF is for spousal visa.

Please use mm/dd/yy for dates as this is a US based forum.

Await for the packet from the consulate.  Most of the forms you references are not utilized any more.

Police reports and I-134s need to be current when you interview.

The beneficiary will be interviewing with a Consular Officer not the Ambassador.

Wow, that's comprehensive. Thanks Paul!

So the above quoted message can be ignored basically?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nora&Jobany said:

Wow, that's comprehensive. Thanks Paul!

So the above quoted message can be ignored basically?

It is pretty clear from https://hk.usconsulate.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/how-to-apply/ that you need to wait for the consulate for further instructions.   

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It is pretty clear from https://hk.usconsulate.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/how-to-apply/ that you need to wait for the consulate for further instructions.   

I know... but there were many people saying they didn't get the packet 3 after waiting for a whole month, and some people said you can actually download the content of packet 3 on the consulate wedsite. Is that true?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Nora&Jobany said:

I know... but there were many people saying they didn't get the packet 3 after waiting for a whole month, and some people said you can actually download the content of packet 3 on the consulate wedsite. Is that true?

Dunno about specifics of HK but once the case moves from USCIS to NVC to the HK consulate expect a communication from the HK consulate in a week or two.  If you don’t hear anything, then inquire.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, Nora&Jobany said:

Hi everyone, is there anyone from Hong Kong applying for K1 visa?

We filed in the petition on 6/1/2019, and received NOA1 on 10/1/2019 and NOA2 on 11/4/2019. 

I have seen so many posts about people not receiving packet 3, I'm wondering how long would it normally take for packet 3 to arrive after getting NOA2?

And during this time, is there any preparations I can do, e.g. apply for police clearance? 

Also I saw on VJ Us Consulate HK post:

"Requirements for the I-134 Affidavit of Support:
"A notarized I-134 enclosed with your employment letter, bank statements and latest tax return are required. When your fiancee has obtained all the documents on the checklist applicable to her case, please advise her to complete and return her completed visa forms to this office immediately so that proper action can be taken in her visa application : a) DS-230I, b) 2 copies of DS-156, c) DS-156K and d) FPU Preliminary Interview Form."

Are the forms 3 forms (a) DS-230I, b) 2 copies of DS-156, c) DS-156K and d) FPU Preliminary Interview Form) needed for the interview? can we download and fill in those forms before receiving packet 3?

Any other advises for preparations for packet 3 & 4 and the interview with the ambassador?

Thank you very much!

Nora

You don’t need to notarize the 134f btw

Edited by HandN11213

Timeline

Received K1 packet 3, and paid for the visa fee. But no available date for interview yet. 

Should I start making appointment for medical check yet?

I read on the instruction that medical check is not recommended to be done more than 4 weeks prior the interview. 

Any idea when will there be available dates for interview? Do they do limited K1 interview every month?

I saw on the instruction that I don't need to send anything to the consulate, but I saw many posts about people sending documents to NVC. So do I need to send anything to the NVC?

Thanks~~

Edited by Nora&Jobany

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, Nora&Jobany said:

Received K1 packet 3, and paid for the visa fee. But no available date for interview yet. 

Should I start making appointment for medical check yet?

I read on the instruction that medical check is not recommended to be done more than 4 weeks prior the interview. 

Any idea when will there be available dates for interview? Do they do limited K1 interview every month?

I saw on the instruction that I don't need to send anything to the consulate, but I saw many posts about people sending documents to NVC. So do I need to send anything to the NVC?

Thanks~~

Did you get all sorted??

I am an USC living in HK my wife is HK born but we are applying with her AUS passport.  Just sent in my 130, waiting game has begun... 

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.