realjojo

Its been more than 10 business days since K1 visa approval

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is now 12 days since K1 visa was approved by the embassy in Lagos, typically visas should be ready for collection within 10 business days after approval at the interview.

Now frustrations and curiosity are setting in because the CEAC STATUS CHECK is still showing “Administrative processing”, but on the USTRAVELDOCS.COM  website the initial message changed from "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"  and now showing "Document Delivery Information:" . I am a bit worried, because I read it could take 3 to 4 weeks for administrative processing status, is this true? Was there something wrong after the interview was approved? Please I’m seeking advice per my situation, is this normal or “very” abnormal?

Please help, what can I do ?

Thank you

realjojo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

AP is like the black hole in the immigration process. Every one usually has to go thru it, and I have seen it range for 2-3 days, to 2-3 weeks, months, and there is a few people on here that have been in AP for over a year.its one of those things that noone knows how long it will take. There are lots of speculation, but no hard numbers. Best idea is to check out some similar timelines as yours by searching the timelines and seeing how long it took others doing a K1 from your embassy to receive their passport.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 hour ago, realjojo said:

It is now 12 days since K1 visa was approved by the embassy in Lagos, typically visas should be ready for collection within 10 business days after approval at the interview.

Now frustrations and curiosity are setting in because the CEAC STATUS CHECK is still showing “Administrative processing”, but on the USTRAVELDOCS.COM  website the initial message changed from "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"  and now showing "Document Delivery Information:" . I am a bit worried, because I read it could take 3 to 4 weeks for administrative processing status, is this true? Was there something wrong after the interview was approved? Please I’m seeking advice per my situation, is this normal or “very” abnormal?

Please help, what can I do ?

Thank you

realjojo

This is normal, per say. AP is undeterminate. Nobody knows when your visa will be ready. And if it takes a long time, it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. That is why they call AP a black hole.

Give it another week then after that start inquiring.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
14 hours ago, Unlockable said:

This is normal, per say. AP is undeterminate. Nobody knows when your visa will be ready. And if it takes a long time, it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. That is why they call AP a black hole.

Give it another week then after that start inquiring.

I also have similar issue, have been sitting on AP for almost 60days now...

Timeline
15 hours ago, ifeco said:

I also have similar issue, have been sitting on AP for almost 60days now...

well, God is faithful and all what He started , I know He is able to complete it......

Where did you read 10 days? Each embassy is different and Nigeria runs about 30 t0 60 days but most are closer to 6 months. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Where did you read 10 days? Each embassy is different and Nigeria runs about 30 t0 60 days but most are closer to 6 months. 

They say so in the K1 packet. 

FFAB743A-ACD9-40F8-BA53-974CF4D9C0BF.jpeg

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, CharleneB said:

They say so in the K1 packet. 

Thank you for that reference. Unfortunately Nigeria doesn't adhere to what they print in their K-1 packet. Real world experience has be 30-60 days but can be shorter or longer and nobody know for sure when. Sorry. More patience is needed. BTW calling the embassy is not going to move your visa along any faster.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, realjojo said:

cant you read it understand approximately 10 business day after the interview? LOL

Can’t you read? I was saying the same thing. The question was where did you see that. I answered it’s in the k1 packet. 

3 hours ago, CharleneB said:

Can’t you read? I was saying the same thing. The question was where did you see that. I answered it’s in the k1 packet. 

Sometimes it's just best to move. Add a question if your not sure and we'll try helping you. Good luck and thanks for your reply to me.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.