48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi Everyone.  I don't know if this is the right place for my question, but please move if needed.  I was just wondering if any K-1 Visa fiancé has entered the US through Wilmington International Airport, in NC?  Please tell me of your experience, how long was the wait, which line fiancé should be in & etc.  I would appreciate any info that you don't mind sharing with me.  Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, PandT said:

Hi Everyone.  I don't know if this is the right place for my question, but please move if needed.  I was just wondering if any K-1 Visa fiancé has entered the US through Wilmington International Airport, in NC?  Please tell me of your experience, how long was the wait, which line fiancé should be in & etc.  I would appreciate any info that you don't mind sharing with me.  Thanks.

There isn't a listing for Wilmington in the POE reviews. Wilmington is first point of entry for your fiance into the US or another airport first?

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I flew in but domestic flight

it is a small airport unlike Miami or JFK or Atlanta so customs and immigration (from what i could see ) was much shorter lines and rather easy

but please do not buy any ticket yet /  your interview has not happened and Senegal is high fraud 

even if approved ,  don't make plans till he has that visa in hand as the AP can also be a long wait

good luck in  interview 

Timeline

Will agree with above especially if visa isn't approved and in hand. Even an interview approval can sit in AP for a long time afterwards and even still be denied, don't make hasty purchases.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

There isn't a listing for Wilmington in the POE reviews. Wilmington is first point of entry for your fiance into the US or another airport first?

Wow!  That's not good.  I just relocated here & thought because Wilmington has the international airport, that is where he will arrive.  Please, according to me living in Jacksonville, NC, would you happen to know which airport  he would end up at prior to getting to me?  I appreciate all of your help.  Thank you so much.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

it is a small airport unlike Miami or JFK or Atlanta so customs and immigration (from what i could see ) was much shorter lines and rather easy

but please do not buy any ticket yet /  your interview has not happened and Senegal is high fraud 

even if approved ,  don't make plans till he has that visa in hand as the AP can also be a long wait

good luck in  interview 

No, I will not purchase any tickets now.  I just wanted to know for future reference that he could actually enter through Wilmington.  It's only 1 hour away from me.  Thanks guys.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Will agree with above especially if visa isn't approved and in hand. Even an interview approval can sit in AP for a long time afterwards and even still be denied, don't make hasty purchases.

Got it.  I appreciate very much.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, PandT said:

Wow!  That's not good.  I just relocated here & thought because Wilmington has the international airport, that is where he will arrive.  Please, according to me living in Jacksonville, NC, would you happen to know which airport  he would end up at prior to getting to me?  I appreciate all of your help.  Thank you so much.

Well again I'll re-iterate the same message as above about don't make any hasty purchases until visa is in hand, but that being said, i mean just do a basic search online through any flight/travel site and search what flights are available... Just putting "Wilmington" as final destination doesn't mean he will enter through there.

Most likely anywhere internationally from Europe/Africa/Middle East, he would enter through JFK or Miami or Atlanta, or maybe Newark. Then he could transfer and fly to Wilmington domestically.  I know when ever I fly internationally I always end up coming back through a major airport. Just something being called an "international airport" doesn't necessarily mean it's actually an international airport lol. Weird I know.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

good luck in  interview 

Thank you so much for your response.  Always appreciated.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Well again I'll re-iterate the same message as above about don't make any hasty purchases until visa is in hand, but that being said, i mean just do a basic search online through any flight/travel site and search what flights are available... Just putting "Wilmington" as final destination doesn't mean he will enter through there.

Most likely anywhere internationally from Europe/Africa/Middle East, he would enter through JFK or Miami or Atlanta, or maybe Newark. Then he could transfer and fly to Wilmington domestically.  I know when ever I fly internationally I always end up coming back through a major airport. Just something being called an "international airport" doesn't necessarily mean it's actually an international airport lol. Weird I know.

I guess I should contact Atlanta or Miami, places like that to see which one would be his point of entry.  I like to have things in place so that if he is approved, I will know exactly how to plan his trip.  Will let you if I can find out anything concrete.  Thanks.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, PandT said:

I guess I should contact Atlanta or Miami, places like that to see which one would be his point of entry.  I like to have things in place so that if he is approved, I will know exactly how to plan his trip.  Will let you if I can find out anything concrete.  Thanks.

Again will come down more to just what flights are available. Most don't worry about which airports honestly. My husband entered Dallas and I drove the 3-4 hours to meet him because the Houston POE would have been the next morning and wanted him here for Thanksgiving. But I have used both those airport multiple times for POE so knew what he'd deal with kind of.

Reality is whichever airport he ends up going through, you can search here: https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php  and read reviews for POE's.

Suggested time allotted usually is 3 hours between landing and the next flight, if needed to fly domestically after entry. I say about 4, because you would rather wait than miss a flight. And he would use the normal tourist/visa lines like most others. Just being a K-1 recipient doesn't mean he get's to "skip the line" so to say.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ben&Zian said:

Again will come down more to just what flights are available. Most don't worry about which airports honestly. My husband entered Dallas and I drove the 3-4 hours to meet him because the Houston POE would have been the next morning and wanted him here for Thanksgiving. But I have used both those airport multiple times for POE so knew what he'd deal with kind of.

Reality is whichever airport he ends up going through, you can search here: https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php  and read reviews for POE's.

Suggested time allotted usually is 3 hours between landing and the next flight, if needed to fly domestically after entry. I say about 4, because you would rather wait than miss a flight. And he would use the normal tourist/visa lines like most others. Just being a K-1 recipient doesn't mean he get's to "skip the line" so to say.

Everything you are telling me is 100% correct.  Thank you so much.  Here is the deal I just found out:  He will be going through Atlanta GA to customs/immigration.  From there, he gets on another flight to NC, but will be within 20 minutes of where I live.  I can handle that route.  Not too bad.  There are only a couple of airlines for me to choose from.  He lives in the Gambia, but will be departing from Lagos, Nigeria.  He will not be seeing family for a bit, so he wanted to see them before departing.  Right now, it looks like it will be Delta from Lagos to Atlanta & Delta from Atlanta to where I live.  I am sure there might be a layover in Europe someplace.  AT least now I have an idea on how all this is going to play out.  Fiance is busy preparing himself for this difficult embassy.  They deal with high fraud countries.  I will be on pins & needles until it's over with.  Thanks for all your help.

Timeline
1 minute ago, PandT said:

Everything you are telling me is 100% correct.  Thank you so much.  Here is the deal I just found out:  He will be going through Atlanta GA to customs/immigration.  From there, he gets on another flight to NC, but will be within 20 minutes of where I live.  I can handle that route.  Not too bad.  There are only a couple of airlines for me to choose from.  He lives in the Gambia, but will be departing from Lagos, Nigeria.  He will not be seeing family for a bit, so he wanted to see them before departing.  Right now, it looks like it will be Delta from Lagos to Atlanta & Delta from Atlanta to where I live.  I am sure there might be a layover in Europe someplace.  AT least now I have an idea on how all this is going to play out.  Fiance is busy preparing himself for this difficult embassy.  They deal with high fraud countries.  I will be on pins & needles until it's over with.  Thanks for all your help.

No worries. And yea, when flying from Africa sometimes the you have to set up the local flights in person there as a lot don't do online scheduling. I worked in Angola for 15 months and while flying internationally from US, to Europe, then straight to Luanda was simple, flying domestically to Cabinda, Angola had to be done in person at the airport, paid locally, and the ticket was one of the old hand written pad style papers haha. So sometimes there's more logistics to setting up those types of flights.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

No worries. And yea, when flying from Africa sometimes the you have to set up the local flights in person there as a lot don't do online scheduling. I worked in Angola for 15 months and while flying internationally from US, to Europe, then straight to Luanda was simple, flying domestically to Cabinda, Angola had to be done in person at the airport, paid locally, and the ticket was one of the old hand written pad style papers haha. So sometimes there's more logistics to setting up those types of flights.

Yup!  He told me that same thing.  His elder sister just called & told me that if he gets the visa on hand, she is paying the entire trip from the Gambia to Lagos to visit family & from Lagos to US.  That will be our wedding gift from his family.  I am speechless.  It's a wonderful surprise.  We will have a little more towards our small wedding.  Once his visa has been issued to him, all I have to do is provide his sister with the airline & connecting info & she will pay & book his flight.  I am going to enjoy having such nice in-laws 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, PandT said:

He will be going through Atlanta GA to customs/immigration.  From there, he gets on another flight to NC, but will be within 20 minutes of where I live. 

Plan on at least a 4 hour connection time in ATL to allow for processing by CBP and getting to the domestic flight.  Atlanta is a huge airport with long lines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.