Jump to content

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello All, first time post here. Thanks to everyone for the great education that my fiance and I have been getting from the site.

My fiance went to have her CFO in Davao City today. From the information that see gave me, the orientation went well. They asked her for my previous divorce decree's. I was married & divorced four times, twice to the same ex in my younger years. When my fiance told her this, the councilor told her it was a red flag and proceeded to ask my fiance if she had read the decree's. She said, not fully. After she finished the CFO they didn't give her the certificate. She was told to read my decree's and she could get the certificate and sticker once see has her visa.

Does this make sense? Do they actually have the latitude to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aratamorne said:

This is very much a thing in the Philippines.  If they see uncertainty or what they consider red flags, they will refuse the stamp.  She needs to go back once you guys are approve and be more confident.

 

Good luck, I am sure it will work out.

Yes, I told my fiance that, almost verbatim. I didn't know that they could refuse the cert for no true, viable reason. Just solely on their personal opinion. 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not casting stones but for them it may be a viable reason. People give CFO a lot of guff but in my opinion they provide a valuable service to women who may not be very experienced. Like the previous poster said get the visa, have her be confident on the next go around. Good luck!


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, boris64 said:

I am not casting stones but for them it may be a viable reason. People give CFO a lot of guff but in my opinion they provide a valuable service to women who may not be very experienced. Like the previous poster said get the visa, have her be confident on the next go around. Good luck!

Understood. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dee & Shee said:

Yes, I told my fiance that, almost verbatim. I didn't know that they could refuse the cert for no true, viable reason. Just solely on their personal opinion. 

Thank you.

 

CFO can be very difficult for some.   Timid, meek or shy tend to get the most attention from CFO .. like blood in the water to a shark.

 

She has to comply with their requests to get the sticker.

 

 

 

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dee & Shee said:

Hello All, first time post here. Thanks to everyone for the great education that my fiance and I have been getting from the site.

My fiance went to have her CFO in Davao City today. From the information that see gave me, the orientation went well. They asked her for my previous divorce decree's. I was married & divorced four times, twice to the same ex in my younger years. When my fiance told her this, the councilor told her it was a red flag and proceeded to ask my fiance if she had read the decree's. She said, not fully. After she finished the CFO they didn't give her the certificate. She was told to read my decree's and she could get the certificate and sticker once see has her visa.

Does this make sense? Do they actually have the latitude to do this?

They have some latitude,  Just play the game and she will get her CFO sticker.   

 

Did she ask if she needs to attend US Law school first so she has a better understanding of the decree?😈

 

 

 

 


Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

They have some latitude,  Just play the game and she will get her CFO sticker.   

 

Did she ask if she needs to attend US Law school first so she has a better understanding of the decree?😈

 

 

 

 

Ha! I'm glad they didn't ask that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

 

CFO can be very difficult for some.   Timid, meek or shy tend to get the most attention from CFO .. like blood in the water to a shark.

 

She has to comply with their requests to get the sticker.

 

 

 

 

 

Would it be possible to pick up the cert and stamp at the CFO office in Manila after the interview, or must she go back to Davao?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dee & Shee said:

Would it be possible to pick up the cert and stamp at the CFO office in Manila after the interview, or must she go back to Davao?

If you have the certificate and your passport with visa you can get the sticker at any of the CFO offices


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If you have the certificate and your passport with visa you can get the sticker at any of the CFO offices

Theres the rub, In this situation,  CFO withheld the certificate pending a reading of the divorce decrees.   She must go back to Davao?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dee & Shee said:

I've learned this...the hard way.

As do most of us. Now there is nothing we can do but laugh and/or smile. If you try to do anything to change it they will label you a crazy Kano.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×