dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2019

1,490 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

called nvc again today. 

I asked them why are they saying that I dont meet the minimum income requirement? 

1. Luckily i found a really  good representative again and she explained me everything. 

She said they didnt count my dad’s income because hes self employment. So they need W2s to review. They dont review anyone’s documents if theyre self employed. Thats why counselor reviews it.

2. I asked the lady if she would recommend me to submit another additional sponsor before or after interview? She said dont submit it, yours and your dads income together is above poverty line, which is fine. You dont need to submit anything before or after, once we accept the employment documents thn youre good to go. 

3. She said its a generalized statement generated by system “to avoid any delays, submit an Aditional Sponsor” 

^she said this statement does not apply to me in my case but for a lot of other people it does because their income is low. Mine is not, they just didn’t review it cuz one of the sponsor is self employed, CO will review it.

i hope it helps those who are in the same situation as me. After 5 days of non stop calls and asking same question again and again, i finally got someone to explain me the same thing yesterday and today. 

20 minutes ago, Kamil11 said:

Hi guys,

called nvc again today. 

I asked them why are they saying that I dont meet the minimum income requirement? 

1. Luckily i found a really  good representative again and she explained me everything. 

She said they didnt count my dad’s income because hes self employment. So they need W2s to review. They dont review anyone’s documents if theyre self employed. Thats why counselor reviews it.

2. I asked the lady if she would recommend me to submit another additional sponsor before or after interview? She said dont submit it, yours and your dads income together is above poverty line, which is fine. You dont need to submit anything before or after, once we accept the employment documents thn youre good to go. 

3. She said its a generalized statement generated by system “to avoid any delays, submit an Aditional Sponsor” 

^she said this statement does not apply to me in my case but for a lot of other people it does because their income is low. Mine is not, they just didn’t review it cuz one of the sponsor is self employed, CO will review it.

i hope it helps those who are in the same situation as me. After 5 days of non stop calls and asking same question again and again, i finally got someone to explain me the same thing yesterday and today. 

Thanks for this.  My husband is also self-employe.  We got CC but received the same message that he doesn't meet the minimum income requirement.  Even though my husband's gross income is over the minimum income requirement, they look at the total income on the 1040 tax return.  This amount is after deductions which brings him below the requirement.  I'm not an expert on US taxes but this is what I've found out.  I am using assets to meet the minimum income requirement and will show evidence to the CO at the interview. Good luck!

Still waiting...

Priority date is Feb 26, 2018. 

CC March 6, 2019. 

Embassy is Auckland, New Zealand. 

Luckily we have been living together in NZ with our son but my husbands NZ visa expires on May 11 so I really thought we would be able to leave together before then. I don’t like thinking about being apart. But I know others haven’t even seen each other’s spouses for a while so Im grateful to say the least. 

Wishing the best for you all! I’m sure we will get good news soon. 

49 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Thanks for this.  My husband is also self-employe.  We got CC but received the same message that he doesn't meet the minimum income requirement.  Even though my husband's gross income is over the minimum income requirement, they look at the total income on the 1040 tax return.  This amount is after deductions which brings him below the requirement.  I'm not an expert on US taxes but this is what I've found out.  I am using assets to meet the minimum income requirement and will show evidence to the CO at the interview. Good luck!

We got this girl. They told me on phone today that they don't review assets either, CO does. Best of luck :) 

they told me that my income was fine, i think your husbands should be fine too, u don't need more proof for example assets and stuff. CO will knw u guys meet the requirement cuz nvc doesnt count income for anyone whos self employed. 

But yet again, just sharing my info. You obviously know your case better :) 

4 minutes ago, Vj USerr said:

Thats what it looks like ,my hair gonna start turning gray while waiting here for interview ...😂😂😂

Same obviously 😆 @Mrsamoah2019

15 minutes ago, Kamil11 said:

We got this girl. They told me on phone today that they don't review assets either, CO does. Best of luck :) 

they told me that my income was fine, i think your husbands should be fine too, u don't need more proof for example assets and stuff. CO will knw u guys meet the requirement cuz nvc doesnt count income for anyone whos self employed. 

But yet again, just sharing my info. You obviously know your case better :) 

Thanks I hope so but I’m going to bring it just in case. It’s such a stressful process, can’t wait for it to be over. Just have to wait for the interview date to come through! Best of luck to you too!

Got my interview date today!

PD March 26, 2018

CC March 22, 2019

Interview date 9 May

Embassy: Auckland New Zealand

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, NZcat said:

Got my interview date today!

PD March 26, 2018

CC March 22, 2019

Interview date 9 May

Embassy: Auckland New Zealand

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Awesome!

3 hours ago, kalikala said:

Still waiting...

Priority date is Feb 26, 2018. 

CC March 6, 2019. 

Embassy is Auckland, New Zealand. 

Luckily we have been living together in NZ with our son but my husbands NZ visa expires on May 11 so I really thought we would be able to leave together before then. I don’t like thinking about being apart. But I know others haven’t even seen each other’s spouses for a while so Im grateful to say the least. 

Wishing the best for you all! I’m sure we will get good news soon. 

Hopefully you hear something soon, got my date for Auckland interview today :) My husband has been living in NZ with me too, so our cases are pretty similar! Wishing you all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.