janinemd

from B-2 to adjust status

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, LisaLisa said:

It is not illegal it is just unethical. The reason immigrants have a bad name kind of deal.

Interesting, I have never heard anybody say thiis.

The comments I hear are about illegals and asylum seekers but never about people adjusting, I doubt many know that much about the legal process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Interesting, I have never heard anybody say thiis.

The comments I hear are about illegals and asylum seekers but never about people adjusting, I doubt many know that much about the legal process.

Oh no my knowledge about the legal process is on the line! That really hurt

9 minutes ago, LisaLisa said:

It is not illegal it is just unethical. The reason immigrants have a bad name kind of deal.

What's wrong with marrying in the US and leaving right after? If a B-1/B-2 applicant informs the Consular Officer (CO) about this and has convincing supporting evidence of their commitments that compel them to leave the US, then the CO will most likely approve the B-1/B-2.

Edited by accumbyte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LisaLisa said:

I was looking at your timeline and it is interesting. Did you have a boyfriend that lived in the US before you moved here? In that case if you haven't disclosed that during the interview that might considered fraud. You know F-1 is a nonmmigrant visa which mean that you have to prove that you had intention to go back at the time of application. Read the ombudsman report they deny a lot of visas on the fact that they are examining the legitimacy of their visas at the initial entry. I doubt they would have granted you an F-1 if they knew your long time boyfriend lived in the US. 

my then boyfriend, now husband was living with me in my home country before he got a job in the states and decided to go back.. me visiting him was planned a few months after he left. after we got engaged in iceland he also wanted me to meet his family for christmas so it was the perfect season to do it. i mean, i had my plane tickets ready to come home til he asked me to just stay here and marry him. 

Edited by janinemd

Timeline

its weird because when we went back here from iceland, they stamped me an entry after i said Im back here to spend holidays with my fiance. i had a b-2 visa coming in. and in all honesty, that was the plan. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Don't worry about this illegal/unethical nonsense.  People are bitter.

Just follow the guides posted about how to adjust status.  And, yes, get your medical done and send it in with your package.

07/19/12 - Married

Adjustment of Status from F-1 Student Visa: Day 00 - 07/20/12 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Day 03 - 07/23/12 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Chicago - signed for by D Colonna

Day 11 - 08/03/12 - Acceptance confirmation texts and emails

Day 14 - 08/06/12 - Checks cleared

Day 18 - 08/10/12 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 08/06/12 for appointment on 08/30/12)

Day 22 - 08/14/12 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there!)

Day 25 - 08/17/12 - Received NOAs

Day 36 - 08/28/12 - Notice via text of interview on 10/02/12

Day 38 - 08/30/12 - Received interview notice hard copy

Day 65 - 09/24/12 - Notice via text of I-131 approval

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Interview

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Text messages of APPROVAL of I-130 and I-485 - Card in Production

Day 78 - 10/09/12 - Received Welcome Notice

Day 80 - 10/11/12 - Received Conditional Green Card

Removal of Conditions: Day 00 - 07/07/14 - Sent I-751

Day 03 - 07/10/14 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in California

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Check cleared

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Received NOA (dated 07/10/14)

Day 14 - 07/21/14 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 07/17/14 for appointment on 08/01/14)

Day 18 - 07/25/14 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there...again!)

Day 38 - 08/14/14 - Text message of APPROVAL of 1-751 - Card in Production

Day 43 - 08/19/14 - Notice via text indicating card has been mailed

Day 44 - 08/20/14 - Notice via text with USPS tracking number

Day 46 - 08/22/14 - Received Permanent Green Card

Naturalization: Day 00 - 08/21/15 - Sent N-400

Day 03 - 08/24/15 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Arizona

Day 07 - 08/28/15 - Check cleared

Day 10 - 08/31/15 - Acceptance confirmation text and email

Day 14 - 09/04/15 - Received NOA (dated 08/28/15)

Day 24 - 09/14/15 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 09/05/15 for appointment on 09/21/15)

Day 28 - 09/18/15 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office

Day 32 - 09/22/15 - Notice via text and email indicating in line for testing and interview

Day 35 - 09/25/15 - Notice via text and email indicating interview is scheduled

Day 41 - 10/01/15 - Received interview appointment notice (dated 09/28/15 for appointment on 11/03/15)
Day 73 - 11/03/15 - Interview

Day 74 - 11/04/15 - Text message of APPROVAL of N-400 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Day 75 - 11/05/15 - Received Oath Ceremony appointment notice (dated 11/04/15 for appointment on 11/17/15)

Day 87 - 11/17/15 - Oath Ceremony - US CITIZEN

54 minutes ago, mymarriagejourney said:

And, yes, get your medical done and send it in with your package.

Depending on the field office processing times it might be better not to do the medical now.

@janinemd, you can do the medical when you receive the interview notice: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html See table titled "Form I-693 Submitted to USCIS On or After November 1, 2018" and the info right below it.

Edited by accumbyte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, janinemd said:

thank you! the only thing i am curious about is the medical exam. do i have to take it before filing, and include the results in my package or wait for them to tell me when to do it?

We are B2 filers. We have not done the Biometrics yet. We are waiting for them to send the letter with the appt date and time. We filed the following I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131. 

Good Luck!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Cheschirecat said:

We are B2 filers. We have not done the Biometrics yet. We are waiting for them to send the letter with the appt date and time. We filed the following I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131. 

Good Luck!

13 hours ago, Cheschirecat said:

Good Luck!

thank you!!! im curious, when did you guys submit? and while waiting for their acceptance of our petition, do i need to apply for an extension of my tourist visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I seriously doubt you would have a valid basis to apply for an extension.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, janinemd said:

thank you!!! im curious, when did you guys submit? and while waiting for their acceptance of our petition, do i need to apply for an extension of my tourist visa?

may i know how much was the total check you sent out? i know the $1225 for i-485 already includes the i-131 and the i-765, so another payment and check for the i-130/130a, which is $535?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, janinemd said:

I don’t think you can. We filed 3/25 And his I -94 expires soon, but since we filed we are covered I’m told 

3 hours ago, janinemd said:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.