Naomi Thomas

HELP K1 visa with Moroccan male citizens

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, SJordanS said:

Exactly. I was about to advise the same. She should seriously look into CR1 chances of him getting K1 approval very tough. 

not going to get approval from the judge in Morocco for a marriage license as they live together unmarried

Timeline

please answer how old are you?

really no one here will judge that and you can marry at 14 in Morocco and several US states

my mom and dad married when she was 16 and it was for life

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I’m 17 years old 18 in September 

25 minutes ago, Illiria said:

Quick google shows you can order a birth certificate in Illinois once you turn 18.

How old are you?

14 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

please answer how old are you?

really no one here will judge that and you can marry at 14 in Morocco and several US states

my mom and dad married when she was 16 and it was for life

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Jeanne, 16 is good, it's improving, that's awesome. 

How do you know that they do 90 a week, that seems steep.

She can't know 90 a week. She is guessing.

Timeline

gather your documents

birth certificate

just before you go the criminal report as it is only good for 90 days (in most states)

need proof of income /IRS transcripts or letter from employer with start date to Present

birth certificates of any children

any former marriages ? i will guess not but if so,  need death notice or divorce paper

when you get the birth certificate you will need one for Morocco (they will keep it) and one for US for immigration

1.  Go to US embassy and get affidavit of eligibility to marry /costs 100 USD

2.  get translations of all your documents (about $10 a page)  6 copies (in English and Arabic)

3. take yours to Rabat to Office of foreign minister for a document from there

4.  travel to his city to apply

5.  he needs all  his papers (Arabic only)

6.  get your medical exam (in morocco only)

7.  see the police for the interview

8.  see the judge for the interview / if judge does not speak English, you will need to pay an interpretor (not your bf)

9.  wait for approval of marriage license

10  go to clerk of the court for the document to sign for marriage

no ceremony

there can be a marriage celebration depending on how much money you can spend

this can be one day with lots of food 

and the traditional dates and milk for 1st meal married and the henia

or it can be several days if money is not an issue

cost of medical for this varies depending on size  of city and how much money the dr thinks you have

costs of the marriage license can be found on the morrocn embassy site

you will be asked about the dowery so ask him what to say he is able to give u

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

gather your documents

birth certificate

just before you go the criminal report as it is only good for 90 days (in most states)

need proof of income /IRS transcripts or letter from employer with start date to Present

birth certificates of any children

any former marriages ? i will guess not but if so,  need death notice or divorce paper

when you get the birth certificate you will need one for Morocco (they will keep it) and one for US for immigration

1.  Go to US embassy and get affidavit of eligibility to marry /costs 100 USD

2.  get translations of all your documents (about $10 a page)  6 copies (in English and Arabic)

3. take yours to Rabat to Office of foreign minister for a document from there

4.  travel to his city to apply

5.  he needs all  his papers (Arabic only)

6.  get your medical exam (in morocco only)

7.  see the police for the interview

8.  see the judge for the interview / if judge does not speak English, you will need to pay an interpretor (not your bf)

9.  wait for approval of marriage license

10  go to clerk of the court for the document to sign for marriage

no ceremony

there can be a marriage celebration depending on how much money you can spend

this can be one day with lots of food 

and the traditional dates and milk for 1st meal married and the henia

or it can be several days if money is not an issue

cost of medical for this varies depending on size  of city and how much money the dr thinks you have

costs of the marriage license can be found on the morrocn embassy site

you will be asked about the dowery so ask him what to say he is able to give u

Is there an age requirement in Morocco for marriage 

i read somewhere the female didn’t need to provide income??

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naomi Thomas said:

Is there an age requirement in Morocco for marriage 

i read somewhere the female didn’t need to provide income??

as a  foreigner u need to prove income to marry

an a woman wouldn't

no age requirement'

you will be good at even 17 (18 is better)

and the big income requirement is for the US and immigration

1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

most by obsevation sitting outside embassy 

some by seeing the schedule for interviews that is posted when his mom interviewed and when i set up adil's 1st K1

they start interviews at 8 am with 1 every 15 minutes till noon for K1's

sorry i  meant 80  / i hit the wrong key

actually is unless there is a US or moroccan holiday but they interview in Ramadan

and they do have this many trying for K1's / there was an article concerning the young men wanting to leave the country about 3 years ago in the Marrachek paper

Hilliary addressed the issue in one of her 3 trips to Morocco with a group from that country and the US

That's alot of k1's a week, and if so a mere 4 average a week approval is terrible but I have learned that these approvals are decided way before a sit down happens, I wonder who is the person who says yes or no? The same CO before it opens and they review their cases for the day?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Naomi Thomas said:

I guess I’m going with the CR1 

need tips on marrying in Morocco and process 

Bigger question is how do you overcome the problem that you have been living with your boyfriend in the same house while unmarried--that seems like a big deal in Morocco and makes it impossible to get married there as others from Morocco have pointed out.  You may want to look into getting married in another country nearby like Europe where that is not an issue if you can't get approval to marry in Morocco.  And why would your family support you financially to travel to Morocco and live there for so long with your boyfriend but not be willing to send you your birth certificate and help you get the other necessary documents to apply for marriage there or anywhere else?  Seems strange.

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

as a  foreigner u need to prove income to marry

an a woman wouldn't

no age requirement'

you will be good at even 17 (18 is better)

So to clarify 

even though I’m a female because I am a us citizen I need to prove my income? 

And NO age requirement?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, carmel34 said:

Bigger question is how do you overcome the problem that you have been living with your boyfriend in the same house while unmarried--that seems like a big deal in Morocco and makes it impossible to get married there as others from Morocco have pointed out.  You may want to look into getting married in another country nearby like Europe where that is not an issue if you can't get approval to marry in Morocco.  And why would your family support you financially to travel to Morocco and live there for so long with your boyfriend but not be willing to send you your birth certificate and help you get the other necessary documents to apply for marriage there or anywhere else?  Seems strange.

This is really not that simple. Moroccans cannot easily travel to the EU and places they can travel (like turkey) will not marry two individuals from different countries.

So this suggestion is not a good one.

11 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Hopefully you're planning for this, and hopefully you have a co-sponsor lined up, because I doubt at 17 you will qualify for the income minimums.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

I’m with his family not alone 

my family didn’t support me or pay for me to go to Morocco my fiancé did I was in a different country and my mom made hell for us so we left 

my documents are with my father and he won’t let them go 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

That's alot of k1's a week, and if so a mere 4 average a week approval is terrible but I have learned that these approvals are decided way before a sit down happens, I wonder who is the person who says yes or no? The same CO before it opens and they review their cases for the day?

they do look over the packets before interview

i think (my opinion only) that many decisions are made them 

but many can still have a good interview if the Moroccan is well prepared

seems they like the person to know and write decent  English

they like the person to be confident

they like the person to have a well informed plan for what he/she will do in the US like study or work

they like to know the Moroccan family approves especially the mother so photos of american with moroccan family are noted

they don't like to see the USC sends money to moroccan although I did for him to get his license as it saved me $85 an hour for instructor here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.