13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone 

My CR 1 visa interview was in February 2019. CO gave me two 221g. I sent additional docs. And passport one week ago. CEAC status was showing AP After receiving docs. refused. Today i got my passport back and 212(a) 4 refusal letter. My wife's income was low so we submitted form i 864 from joint sponsor. Joint sponsor is family friend and his income is more than $30k.

We r so sad now. What should we do now ?? Pls tell

Edited by Nanchi

In order for us to help we need to know what stated in the refusal letters and/or the 221g's. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

In 1st 221g - photos,chat logs, hotel flight bookings, joint financial proofs etc etc

In 2nd 221 g - Signed Letter from joint sponsor explaining his relationship with petitioner and why he has agreed to sponsor beneficiary ?

In today's refusal letter - THE BENEFICIARY MUST PROVIDE MORE COMPELLING EVIDENCE THAT HE WILL NOT LIKELY BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE IN US.

Edited by Nanchi

28 minutes ago, Nanchi said:

In 1st 221g - photos,chat logs, hotel flight bookings, joint financial proofs etc etc

In 2nd 221 g - Signed Letter from joint sponsor explaining his relationship with petitioner and why he has agreed to sponsor beneficiary ?

In today's refusal letter - THE BENEFICIARY MUST PROVIDE MORE COMPELLING EVIDENCE THAT HE WILL NOT LIKELY BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE IN US.

This means that your wife needs to improve her income  (get a second job or a better job), and/or you need a different joint sponsor.

Life in the States isn’t cheap, and you have to show you won’t become a financial burden on American taxpayers.

Yeah, sounds like your, or rather your sponsor's, financial situation is not cutting it. Your wife may need to either find a better paying job or find a cosponsor that makes more money. $30k is not a lot to sponsor someone especially if the cosponsor has a family of his/her own.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like others have said, the CO holds the final say whether they believe the income provided is substantial enough. Being near the minimum obviously doesn't satisfy them, or they did not like the relationship between your wife and the co-sponsor, or both.

Easiest thing is have your wife improve her financial situation. Mean why shouldn't she? Be easier on her and you in the long run.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

My wife's income is $20,122 in 2018 taxes. Should i wait till taxes of 2019 or should i ask to my cousin for joint sponsorship ? Her income is $60-70k per year and she is unmarried !!

Letter says WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAY MAY OVERCOME THE INA 212(a) 4 INELIGIBILITY : PLEASE SUBMIT THE EVIDENCE AND PASSPORT AT DOCUMENT DROP OFF LOCATION.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nanchi said:

My wife's income is $20,122 in 2018 taxes. Should i wait till taxes of 2019 or should i ask to my cousin for joint sponsorship ? Her income is $60-70k per year and she is unmarried !!

Letter says WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAY MAY OVERCOME THE INA 212(a) 4 INELIGIBILITY : PLEASE SUBMIT THE EVIDENCE AND PASSPORT AT DOCUMENT DROP OFF LOCATION.

That's your decision. But if you don't want to wait until next year, ask your cousin. Best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 hours ago, Nanchi said:

yes, get a co-sponsor with a high income. they dont just look at income but also what type of work your wife does and what work you do here. Someone with a degree and stable work overall looks better than someone who makes an hourly wage and doesnt have a long work history.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.