Koko4Evans

i130 Approval Times Texas

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Koko4Evans said:

I also helped another friend file for his fiance last april shes here already has been for 2 months now. So i think everyones case is different. Plus making sure all your documents are correct. 

Thanks. Yeah, every case is different. And there are different petition types - K1 vs IR1/CR1. 

But wow, if your 2018 friend's case was a IR1/CR1 petition then that was extremely fast. If it was K1, then that's not beyond typical.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Koko4Evans said:

Hmm ok my friend brought his wife it took about 8 months total. 

Our IR5 only took 8 months ... but that was Dec 2015 I130 application. Very different now 😬

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Our IR5 only took 8 months ... but that was Dec 2015 I130 application. Very different now 😬

Yeah, that was typical in 2015 that's why I was curious about the year the friend filed. Since 2017, the processing times have increased. Plus with parent petitions, there aren't a lot of documents to go through by USCIS and proving bonafide is pretty straightforward, imo.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
4 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Yeah, that was typical in 2015 that's why I was curious about the year the friend filed. Since 2017, the processing times have increased. Plus with parent petitions, there aren't a lot of documents to go through by USCIS and proving bonafide is pretty straightforward, imo.

You’ve missed my point .. I stressed that processing times are longer now ... documentation required by NVC is similar .. consular decision making is more complex .. the IR/CR 1 spouse visa processing times 2015 to 2016 were similar to IR5 . 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

You’ve missed my point .. I stressed that processing times are longer now ... documentation required by NVC is similar .. consular decision making is more complex .. the IR/CR 1 spouse visa processing times 2015 to 2016 were similar to IR5 . 

I didn't miss your point; I agreed with it. I think you also missed my point proving blood relationship is less complex than proving marriage relationship.

I did IR5 for my mom last year around same time as my wife. I only submitted birth certificate, that was it. And she got her visa last Thursday. For my wife's CR1, I submitted a ton of documents than just a birth certificate; she has her interview next month.

Timeline
1 minute ago, nastra30 said:

I didn't miss your point; I agreed with it. I think you also missed my point proving blood relationship is less complex than proving marriage relationship.

I did IR5 for my mom last year around same time as my wife. I only submitted birth certificate, that was it. And she got her visa last Thursday. For my wife's CR1, I submitted a ton of documents than just a birth certificate; she has her interview next month.

Let’s agree we’re on the same page !! 😁 Glad your mom will be here soon ! We are definitely treasuring our time with our 6 grandchildren ... still 7 hrs drive away but much better than 24 hrs air travel, $1500 and 7 hrs jet lag ! 

Timeline
Just now, Lil bear said:

Let’s agree we’re on the same page !! 😁 Glad your mom will be here soon ! We are definitely treasuring our time with our 6 grandchildren ... still 7 hrs drive away but much better than 24 hrs air travel, $1500 and 7 hrs jet lag ! 

Haha😀. Enjoy the precious family times.👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, Koko4Evans said:

Not really dear I've been waiting all this time. I was just curious of everyones timeline. Every country is different. I'm in no rush i enjoy traveling back and forth. We have several projects going on so its better that he's there right now. Granted we don't like the distance. But if i was so bothered I'd go join him until  time comes. So however long it takes we're good with it 😁... Don't worry yourself thinking I'm not realistic i was stating that my friends process for his wife took 8 months total!

I also enjoy traveling back and forth. I see my husband every 3 months😁. Traveling to beautiful countries like Turkey and Nigeria is awesome experience for me. Just got back in February, will be going back to Nigeria in May for 2 months than Turkey in October until he’s done with his interview and I can bring him home to Miami. 

On 3/24/2019 at 7:20 PM, Koko4Evans said:

I travel every few months to go see him. I'm patient but I still want to be informed. When i first filed me calling is how i recieved my case number. I also filed i129f. I just left a few weeks ago. I will continue calling ☺😅 even if its a waste. Thanks all looks like we may have 2 1/2 months left for approval. 

Please do not continue calling, this is only a waste of their time and we know USCIS is already a very short-staffed agency. You should call once your PD is current on https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. Otherwise, hold tight and be patient. Good luck!

Edit: Texas is currently beginning to adjudicate August 2018 I-130's, however there are still cases from May 2018 that have yet to be approved. It's at least 5 months before they will even look at your case. I'm a bit confused because you say you also filed an I-129F? Processing times for those are shorter, but I'm not sure what/where you filed.

Edited by Muna_93

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Gojo said:

I also enjoy traveling back and forth. I see my husband every 3 months😁. Traveling to beautiful countries like Turkey and Nigeria is awesome experience for me. Just got back in February, will be going back to Nigeria in May for 2 months than Turkey in October until he’s done with his interview and I can bring him home to Miami. 

wow, lucky you. Do you have  a job here? I wish I can travel that much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

wow, lucky you. Do you have  a job here? I wish I can travel that much

I do. Fortunately I can work from home which allows me to do that. The only downside of it is I have to remain on US company time and these countries are 7 and 9 hours ahead. Just can’t wait til it’s all over with. My sleep is always off😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Gojo said:

I do. Fortunately I can work from home which allows me to do that. The only downside of it is I have to remain on US company time and these countries are 7 and 9 hours ahead. Just can’t wait til it’s all over with. My sleep is always off😩

Oh I see.

Cool

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, Koko4Evans said:

Hmm ok my friend brought his wife it took about 8 months total. 

My petition took from February 2017 to November 2017 for approval..Interview was March 2017..It does not take 6 or 7 months as someone stated to get an interview unless things has changed..In all, our journey took 13 months and 12 days from start to finish...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.