2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, #Godgotthis said:

I really don’t know. The interview went well. The IQ very pleasant before and after interview.

Maybe an infopass to find out the where abouts if your GC? I read previous post that it should not be longer than 180 days after interview.

I will pray hard so you can get it soon!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, staypositive said:

What about after VAWA approval changing the address for the I-485 that has been with the local office pending? When I changed my address last year my attorney did it with them and the message on the USCIS website says: On (date) your request to change your address, referral number ... was completed. Does that mean they changed it?

The address must be changed with Vermont Service Center.

Β 

Yes they changed your address.

6 minutes ago, sandranj said:

The address must be changed with Vermont Service Center.

Β 

Yes they changed your address.

Thank you for your answer Sandra.Β 

I don’t think they changed it with Vermont though. They contacted the local office to change the address and that’s the message I see when I log into my USCIS account.

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Maybe an infopass to find out the where abouts if your GC? I read previous post that it should not be longer than 180 days after interview.

I will pray hard so you can get it soon!

Thanks for the prayers.

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Β 

I am looking for advice here. My ex hired a lawyer who was to represent us. This lawyer is now demanding money from me because he wanted to attend the interview with us. He is calling obsessively,Β is there anything I can do to fight this? I am pretty sure he is in touch with my ex.

Edited by lolaB998

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Was your signature on a written contract -- were you involved in contracting for his services? Β If not, I would be inclined to do the following:Β Β tell him to take a long walk off a short pier (actually, tell him that you're not the financially responsible party) and tell him to stop contacting you. Β If he calls after that, tell him that you're reporting him to the police for harassment and to the State Bar for violation of professional ethics.

Β 

If, however, your signature IS on a written contract, that's a different matter, andΒ Sandra here can best advise you. Β In fact, if Sandra's advice contradicts mine here, do what she says, not what I recommend.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Was your signature on a written contract -- were you involved in contracting for his services? Β If not, I would be inclined to do the following:Β Β tell him to take a long walk off a short pier (actually, tell him that you're not the financially responsible party) and tell him to stop contacting you. Β If he calls after that, tell him that you're reporting him to the police for harassment and to the State Bar for violation of professional ethics.

Β 

If, however, your signature IS on a written contract, that's a different matter, andΒ Sandra here can best advise you. Β In fact, if Sandra's advice contradicts mine here, do what she says, not what I recommend.

Β 

Thank you! you made me laugh lol :)

Β 

Unfortunately, my signature is on it. I wasn't really that knowledgeable about lawyers before i came here.

Β 

That lawyer made so many mistakes on I-485 that my current lawyer had to file a new form.......

Timeline

Laugh = great; contract = bummer.

Follow what Sandra says, then.

Β 

I'd be inclined to tell the guyΒ that I'm countersuing because of the incompetently completed I-485.

Or, say innocently, "Didn't you get our letter in which we told you that you're fired?"

Remember, too, that 99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name.

Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Laugh = great; contract = bummer.

Follow what Sandra says, then.

Β 

I'd be inclined to tell the guyΒ that I'm countersuing because of the incompetently completed I-485.

Or, say innocently, "Didn't you get our letter in which we told you that you're fired?"

Remember, too, that 99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name.

Β 

Thanx :)Β - he is just such an arrogant and disgusting person. I am surprised people like that can be immigration lawyers.....

Timeline

Makes us even more grateful for Sandra.

I spoke to my lawyer today who basically laughed at me saying having an EAD card under VAWA is not an approval. My status online just says card mailed and I didn't get the accompanying letter/ notice of action. Someone told me about a link where it can be requested but as it is in care of the lawyer I'm not sure if I should use it.Β 

Β 

Ugh. The struggle.

2 hours ago, Hopefullyso said:

I spoke to my lawyer today who basically laughed at me saying having an EAD card under VAWA is not an approval. My status online just says card mailed and I didn't get the accompanying letter/ notice of action. Someone told me about a link where it can be requested but as it is in care of the lawyer I'm not sure if I should use it.Β 

Β 

Ugh. The struggle.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ reminds me of my own lawyer! Most attorneys are full of it! Yes I said it!!! Anyway my own card didn't come with the notice initially but I have it at this moment now alongside my deferred action!😊😊😊  my point is..you will get it! Hold the fort!πŸ˜‰ it's coming!

4 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi Everyone!

Β 

I am looking for advice here. My ex hired a lawyer who was to represent us. This lawyer is now demanding money from me because he wanted to attend the interview with us. He is calling obsessively,Β is there anything I can do to fight this? I am pretty sure he is in touch with my ex.

This caught my eyes! Wow! And LOL! These lawyers need to be put in their place! SMH!😏😏 I know how to deal with their excesses and take the chip off their haughty little shoulders!😏😏 Lord! The harassment! Just that you mentioned you signed a contract! Phew!!! 

4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ reminds me of my own lawyer! Most attorneys are full of it! Yes I said it!!! Anyway my own card didn't come with the notice initially but I have it at this moment now alongside my deferred action!😊😊😊  my point is..you will get it! Hold the fort!πŸ˜‰ it's coming!

Whew, such a relief. Thanks for your feedback...now we wait. Again.

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.