AAiowan

How long does it take for the interview to be scheduled after..

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long does uscis take for the interview to be scheduled.  I applied 485 after getting married to my fiance (now wife) and filed 485 last september.  Feb 12th, there was an update on the website saying that our case was ready for interview and we will get a notice about the date and next steps.  It has been a month and no sign of notice about the interview.  Anyone in the similar situation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

How long does uscis take for the interview to be scheduled.  I applied 485 after getting married to my fiance (now wife) and filed 485 last september.  Feb 12th, there was an update on the website saying that our case was ready for interview and we will get a notice about the date and next steps.  It has been a month and no sign of notice about the interview.  Anyone in the similar situation?

Almost everyone remains in the similar situation for a while. It depends on your local office-where you live. Some local offices schedule interviews in 3 months, some in 2 years. It highly depends on the local office.

Edited by Huckleberry&Koala

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

1. There's one online status saying "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". This status doesn't really mean anything, you just have to wait and it can take anything from a few weeks to well over a year, sometimes even more.

2. Then there's another status that says "interview has been scheduled". This status actually means something, it tells you that you have a letter coming your way within 1-2 weeks with the information needed for the interview. You don't want to miss out on this letter.

So.. I assume your case is only at the first stage I mentioned above? All it means is that you have to wait. For weeks or months or even years. 

Happy waiting.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

17 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

What state are you located in? Iowa?

Edited by USS_Voyager

Timeline

I am not worried about the wait for the actual green card.  But I have not received EAD and advance parole that I had applied along with 485 for my wife.  That is what is causing anxiety. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 7:05 PM, AAiowan said:

I am not worried about the wait for the actual green card.  But I have not received EAD and advance parole that I had applied along with 485 for my wife.  That is what is causing anxiety. 

Did you get an RFE/RFIE? If not, what's your exact filing date? They're working on EAD/AP's of September, a lot of early September filers had to request an inquiry cause they were outside normal processing times. If that's the case for you, do the same.

Regarding your gc, what others said is right. It depends on your local office how long it will take to schedule the actual interview. Mine has that status since November and it prob won't change any time soon (Philadelphia filer)

You can check the processing times for your local office via https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ (here you can also check the times for EAD/AP)

Edited by C90

Timeline
8 hours ago, C90 said:

Did you get an RFE/RFIE? If not, what's your exact filing date? They're working on EAD/AP's of September, a lot of early September filers had to request an inquiry cause they were outside normal processing times. If that's the case for you, do the same.

Regarding your gc, what others said is right. It depends on your local office how long it will take to schedule the actual interview. Mine has that status since November and it prob won't change any time soon (Philadelphia filer)

You can check the processing times for your local office via https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ (here you can also check the times for EAD/AP)

I did not get any RFE/RFIE for any of the applications (knock on wood).  Having said that, the processing times for EAD/AP does show for local offices. ONly for 485, you can see for local office. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, AAiowan said:

I did not get any RFE/RFIE for any of the applications (knock on wood).  Having said that, the processing times for EAD/AP does show for local offices. ONly for 485, you can see for local office. 

Thanks!

All EAD/AP processing is done through the National Benefits Center; it's currently taking 4.5 to 6.5 months for EAD/AP applications to be processed. You should be able to file a case inquiry soon.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
11 hours ago, AAiowan said:

Thanks!

EAD/AP goes through NBC, your local office will never touch that. So if you check the processing times for I-765 you should check them at NBC.

You I-845 is the only one that goes through your local office. Some are very quick and others are very slow (aka most of them)

Timeline
1 hour ago, C90 said:

EAD/AP goes through NBC, your local office will never touch that. So if you check the processing times for I-765 you should check them at NBC.

You I-845 is the only one that goes through your local office. Some are very quick and others are very slow (aka most of them)

Yes it was typo. it should have been that EAD/AP does NOT show for local office.  only 485.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.