Jump to content
Boiler

Happy International Womans Day

64 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/wusa/2019/03/08/us-national-womens-soccer-stars-sue-us-soccer-gender-discrimination/3103064002/

Twenty-eight members of the U.S. national women's soccer team filed a federal gender discrimination lawsuit against the U.S. Soccer Federation on Friday morning.

In the complaint, which was filed in U.S. District Court in California, the players allege gender discrimination on a number of levels, from their salaries to the types of fields on which they play and their travel accommodations on the road.

"Despite the fact that these female and male players are called upon to perform the same job responsibilities on their teams and participate in international competitions for their single common employer, the USSF, the female players have been consistently paid less money than their male counterparts," the players write in the lawsuit, which was obtained by USA TODAY Sports. 

 

Is it time to get rid of sexism in Sport, time just to let everybody apply no matter their Gender?

 


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/wusa/2019/03/08/us-national-womens-soccer-stars-sue-us-soccer-gender-discrimination/3103064002/

Twenty-eight members of the U.S. national women's soccer team filed a federal gender discrimination lawsuit against the U.S. Soccer Federation on Friday morning.

In the complaint, which was filed in U.S. District Court in California, the players allege gender discrimination on a number of levels, from their salaries to the types of fields on which they play and their travel accommodations on the road.

"Despite the fact that these female and male players are called upon to perform the same job responsibilities on their teams and participate in international competitions for their single common employer, the USSF, the female players have been consistently paid less money than their male counterparts," the players write in the lawsuit, which was obtained by USA TODAY Sports. 

 

Is it time to get rid of sexism in Sport, time just to let everybody apply no matter their Gender?

 

I am for ending racism in sports also. Most pro sports have a vast racial imbalance when compared to the general population 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Equality for all, would that include those who are not very good but still want to participate?


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We had a guy used to work night shift who sat around watching TV one night for 8 hours. Just one of those weird nights when no patients came in to ER. Then it got busy in the last 1/2 hour of his shift and he had to do some work, so he ends up claiming no break on his time sheet. His rationale was that was the time he picked to take his meal break and he didn't get to eat. Nothing to do with the topic really, but just hearing that people get paid to play soccer and then are suing about the compensation made me think of that guy


995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a point 


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

 We had a guy used to work night shift who sat around watching TV one night for 8 hours. Just one of those weird nights when no patients came in to ER. Then it got busy in the last 1/2 hour of his shift and he had to do some work, so he ends up claiming no break on his time sheet. His rationale was that was the time he picked to take his meal break and he didn't get to eat. Nothing to do with the topic really, but just hearing that people get paid to play soccer and then are suing about the compensation made me think of that guy

Sounds like a union member. I hope they didnt pay this jerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

 

   Everyone should be believed until they prove otherwise. Unless they are asking for money. 

Even Politicians?


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway back sort of on topic.

 

Serena Williams is supporting the equal pay etc claim by the Ladies, which is a bit odd bearing in mind she seems to be happy not playing against men and accepting the income that would produce.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

 

   Everyone should be believed until they prove otherwise. Unless they are asking for money. 

That is my point exactly, why single out women. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...