12 posts in this topic

What are some reasons for an RFE? We met online, but when I sent the petition I had already been 3 times. Also, I called tier2 and that’s how I know I got an RFE, she said they put in on 02-23 and I called Monday and a tier2 agent said they hadn’t started my case. Could the RFE be because I didn’t send the terms and conditions of Instagram?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, Mikayla Harrison said:

What are some reasons for an RFE? We met online, but when I sent the petition I had already been 3 times. Also, I called tier2 and that’s how I know I got an RFE, she said they put in on 02-23 and I called Monday and a tier2 agent said they hadn’t started my case. Could the RFE be because I didn’t send the terms and conditions of Instagram?

It's possible that its the Instagram thing, but very unlikely. No real way to know what its for until you get it. Could be as simple as you forgot a checkbox.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

doubtful, list all the things you sent in the petition.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You may not even get an RFE. When did you file the petition?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

1 minute ago, arken said:

You may not even get an RFE. When did you file the petition?

10/15/18. The tier2 lady told me they requested more evidence on 02/23/19 but haven’t sent out the letter. 

46 minutes ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

10/15/18. The tier2 lady told me they requested more evidence on 02/23/19 but haven’t sent out the letter. 

Here on VJ they have created a spreadsheet where couples have added their RFE information and it makes for a good primer while you are waiting for your RFE.

Here is the link to the RFE thread:

http://www.visajourn...fe-master-list/

Here is the link to the actual document in google docs: 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit#gid=2061710905

The original is the copy you receive in the mail. Read it carefully and answer with what they are asking for. You don't have to do anymore then what is outlined within the RFE. Sign the RFE and make copies of everything you'll put in the return envelope. These copies will remain yours. Seal the envelope and return to the address that is specified in the RFE. Be sure to send it back so that you can trace it. Be sure your response is returned in the allotted time contained within the RFE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

Most commons I've seen:

Only one or no letters of intent to marry are included (They like to see 2 though many get approved with just one)

Missing checkbox anywhere on criminal history.

Missing checkbox about IMBRA.

Not enough evidence showing face to face meeting within last 2 years. (This one trips people up because while pictures show evidence of meeting face to face, they usually do not prove WHEN the meeting took place)

In more complicated cases, divorce decrees, especially foreign ones are not exactly to their liking.

Edited by Shiran

6 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Most commons I've seen:

Only one or no letters of intent to marry are included (They like to see 2 though many get approved with just one)

Missing checkbox anywhere on criminal history.

Missing checkbox about IMBRA.

Not enough evidence showing face to face meeting within last 2 years. (This one trips people up because while pictures show evidence of meeting face to face, they usually do not prove WHEN the meeting took place)

In more complicated cases, divorce decrees, especially foreign ones are not exactly to their liking.

I sent both letters, I’ll check about the missing check boxes. And I sent passport stamps and boarding passes. And neither one of us has had a divorce. I called tier2 again and they’re going to fax it to me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

I sent both letters, I’ll check about the missing check boxes. And I sent passport stamps and boarding passes. And neither one of us has had a divorce. I called tier2 again and they’re going to fax it to me.

Grats on persevering and getting Tier 2 who is willing to help out! It can be quite a challenge. Hope it is something simple! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mikayla Harrison said:

Let us know if they actually fax it to you because i would be amazed at that level of service. 

11 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Let us know if they actually fax it to you because i would be amazed at that level of service. 

Will do! I didn’t even ask her too. She just offered, and told me she’ll send the request. I thanked her multiple times for being so nice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.