J&E2013

N400 work history help..

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just be honest on the application. You may feel it is embarrassing but I’m sure they have seen it before and also you would feel worse if you don’t tell the truth to them. 

You really do not want to lie on the application. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, J&E2013 said:

Was it illegal doing online job modeling and entertainment?

They would you send you a 1099-MISC so that is proof you were self-employed.

Timeline
7 hours ago, J&E2013 said:

Yes I’m a cam girl and I’m embarrassed to say it’s my work that’s why I’m worried about the work history because of it. And I only do that for just a few months so it’s not like that’s what I wanted to do and I will apply for a real job 

It is legal work and that is all that matters. How hungry are you to become a USC?

9 hours ago, J&E2013 said:

I pay taxes lol it’s just that my job is kinda different 

You have a job, you are paid for your work an you pay your taxes?  List your job/s on the form.  It doesn't matter where you work.  You are not unemployed.  If you put unemployed they will see that you have been working by simply looking at your taxes.

Timeline
1 hour ago, David & Zoila said:

You have a job, you are paid for your work an you pay your taxes?  List your job/s on the form.  It doesn't matter where you work.  You are not unemployed.  If you put unemployed they will see that you have been working by simply looking at your taxes.

Doesn’t it look good if you are actually employed and show them you are?

4 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Just be honest on the application. You may feel it is embarrassing but I’m sure they have seen it before and also you would feel worse if you don’t tell the truth to them. 

You really do not want to lie on the application. 

Thanks, I’m going to do it and send my application tomorrow. Hopefully it wasn’t a big deal or a reason for them to deny my application 

4 hours ago, Visitor User said:

They would you send you a 1099-MISC so that is proof you were self-employed.

Yes they send me 1099 and I pay all my taxes. 

4 hours ago, Visitor User said:

It is legal work and that is all that matters. How hungry are you to become a USC?

Yes your right, it’s just that I’m so stressed about my job description. What do u mean about how hungry I am to become a USC, sorry for asking coz I don’t know how to respond 

Timeline
1 minute ago, J&E2013 said:

Yes they send me 1099 and I pay all my taxes. 

That’s all you need. You won’t be denied.

2 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

Yes your right, and I thought about that too that if I don’t put my work then I will be in trouble just because of thinking that my work history will hurt my chances 

6 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

That’s all you need. You won’t be denied.

I hope so, coz I’m just worried about it. And another thing, I’m resident since 09/2014 in what year of taxes should I send to them, was it from 2015-2018? Coz it says the last 3 years of taxes and I don’t know from what year I should send to them 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, J&E2013 said:

Yes your right, it’s just that I’m so stressed about my job description. What do u mean about how hungry I am to become a USC, sorry for asking coz I don’t know how to respond 

If you think this is stress. There are people who are trying to get their criminal history resolved as well as cases that involve VAWA. Now, that’s more of a challenge.

I meant how bad do you want to become a U.S Citizen.

Edited by Visitor User

9 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

If you think this is stress. There are people who are trying to get their criminal history resolved as well as cases that involve VAWA. Now, that’s more of a challenge.

I meant how bad do you want to become a U.S Citizen.

I know, you have a point on that. I think I’m ok if I don’t apply for now, and just stay as an LPR. I’m not in a hurry tho, why

Timeline
26 minutes ago, J&E2013 said:

I know, you have a point on that. I think I’m ok if I don’t apply for now, and just stay as an LPR. I’m not in a hurry tho, why

If you want to ease off your worries then I would hire an experienced immigration attorney to file your N-400.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.