5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

please help! I submitted the past 3 years of tax returns for myself and my co sponsor.. as per the request on CEAC stating "tax return or transcript" I got a notice saying they cannot accept those documents and I need to send in a transcript. Unfortunately the IRS won't let me retrieve it online or by e mail and their service center is so backed up they won't take calls. did anybody run into this issue? which tax documents did you submit?  I am trying to find a way to get around this as its the thing holding us back from getting to move on. thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So what did you send in originally, copies of returns, or transcripts from the IRS?  If you sent returns, did you also include copies of all W2's, and 1099's?

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

I sent copies of the 1040 for three years for the co sponsor and then the 1040 for three years for myself along with one year including form 2555 for foreign income. were these the completely wrong tax forms or something? I thought I had it right and im so confused! if theres anyway to avoid getting the transcript from the IRS would make my life 5847 times easier!

3 hours ago, brderenne said:

I sent copies of the 1040 for three years for the co sponsor and then the 1040 for three years for myself along with one year including form 2555 for foreign income. were these the completely wrong tax forms or something? I thought I had it right and im so confused! if theres anyway to avoid getting the transcript from the IRS would make my life 5847 times easier!

From my experience, they require the W2's to accompany the 1040 tax files. For tax transcripts, W2 is not required.

Getting transcript can be done easily through IRS website. However, I didn't submit my transcript. Like you I only submitted the 1040s initially, then they asked for the W2 too. Then it was approved.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Timeline

So for everybody who has the same problem or question... a lawyer just told me that now CEAC will only receive transcripts. 1040 and W2 aren’t good enough. Transcripts only unfortunately. Apparently it’s soemthing they changed in the past months. Thanks for all the help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.