Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, alun said:

@americaninlove you can reschedule the GC interview, if needed.!

Congratulations 🎉 .

Thanks! He's back in three weeks so I think it will be fine -- can't imagine they could schedule it that fast! But I think he needs to have the medical done before the interview just in case...and I need to get everything together?? Wasn't expecting this at all. 

They waived the fee for the emergency AP and gave him a new case number for it apparently. They never mentioned a fee at all but we got a letter from USCIS with a new NOA and when we search for that number all it says is "we waived your fee".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, FINUSA said:

And now my whole case info has wanish from uscis website. I go to check my status and only thing i see is "my" lol...this cant be tru anymore. In my cases all aplications are in order but nothing in status..just blank. has been like that now 24h! sooo do i loose my mind or not. First 4months waiting for fingerprints..just cause they did forgot...not its been over month after those ..no letter, no update. and didnt even show online that myh fingerprints where done!! 

That happened to me as well this morning, could only see the "my" thing. 

USPS informed delivery says that my EAD will arrive this afternoon weirdly as a package with a $100 insurance on it.

Still no information about my SSN. I really hope it will arrive soon because I can't apply for most of the jobs without it. Most of the application require to add the SSN information too.

27 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Thanks! He's back in three weeks so I think it will be fine -- can't imagine they could schedule it that fast! But I think he needs to have the medical done before the interview just in case...and I need to get everything together?? Wasn't expecting this at all. 

Yes, he'll need to bring the medical to the interview. Didn't you get the yellow courtesy letter? I got it right after the first NOA and it said that I'll have to bring it to the interview. 

Edited by Gigi2017

26 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

They waived the fee for the emergency AP and gave him a new case number for it apparently. They never mentioned a fee at all but we got a letter from USCIS with a new NOA and when we search for that number all it says is "we waived your fee".

Since 2017 USCIS waive the AP fee (even if it's emergency) if you have a pending I-485.

Edited by Gigi2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Yes, he'll need to bring the medical to the interview. Didn't you get the yellow courtesy letter? I got it right after the first NOA and it said that I'll have to bring it to the interview. 

If I remember correctly, you are not adjusting from K-1 visa. Your process is different. K-1 in most cases do not need to complete I-693 or bring medical to interview. 

Edited by Shiran

Just now, Shiran said:

If I remember correctly, you are not adjusting from K-1 visa. Your process is different. K-1 in most cases do not need to complete I-693 or bring medical to interview. 

Yes, I'm not from K1 but if @americaninlove husband doesn't have a medical exam he'll definitely have to get it done before the inteview otherwise they'll get RFE after the interview. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Gigi2017 said:

Yes, I'm not from K1 but if @americaninlove husband doesn't have a medical exam he'll definitely have to get it done before the inteview otherwise they'll get RFE after the interview. 

It will be a pain in the a** if they got RFE after interview.

Just now, paulsquare said:

It will be a pain in the a** if they got RFE after interview.

Well, if you have a missing required document, such as the medical exam (or if it's expired) you'll get an RFE until you send it to the USCIS. There was someone in this group I think from Ohio, and she had her interview in May?! I guess and she was missing maybe a shot?! I don't remember exatly, but there was something with her medical form. She ran right after the interview to the doctor and took the completed form back on the same day to the officer.

43 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

We have not gotten any yellow paper. He was missing his flu shot when he got the vaccines before moving here and so we are not sure what they will do...the doctor who completed his forms never gave him anything and despite emailing and calling him a million times once he was here, he would not respond :( 

Just now, americaninlove said:

We have not gotten any yellow paper. He was missing his flu shot when he got the vaccines before moving here and so we are not sure what they will do...the doctor who completed his forms never gave him anything and despite emailing and calling him a million times once he was here, he would not respond :( 

As far as I know if it's not flu season, you don't have to get the flu shot. Go to CVS or Wallgreens and ask the pharmacyst when is the flu season will start. Or call a USCIS doctor and they'll tell you via phone if it's needed already or not.

7 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

As far as I know if it's not flu season, you don't have to get the flu shot. Go to CVS or Wallgreens and ask the pharmacyst when is the flu season will start. Or call a USCIS doctor and they'll tell you via phone if it's needed already or not.

It was needed when he was overseas but they were out when he went and he never went back before his exam. the exam was fine and he got every other vaccine (he had no records so had to get them all again) but the doctor never gave him that form 3025 so we had nothing to submit with the application. He doesn’t need a new medical but might need just that vaccine, which is so dumb because it’s an annual vaccine anyway, so to be honest everyone who comes in on a K1 probably needs it again by the time of the interview!?! I suppose he could just go get a flu shot ahead of the interview and bring proof of that just in case??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.