Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

My biometrics appointment is tomorrow! Do I need to bring anything other than my passport and the appointment letter? Thanks!

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

17 minutes ago, Sailormooon said:

My biometrics appointment is tomorrow! Do I need to bring anything other than my passport and the appointment letter? Thanks!

I would also bring your marriage certificate just in case your passport is still in your maiden name (assuming you have taken your partners name and haven’t changed it as yet).

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

Just got update that case is ready for interview. My local office ( Minneapolis) is notorious for long wait period, so I don’t expect any update this year 😂  I know someone from May last year still waiting for interview. 😡 Fingers crossed we will get AP soon. 😃

13D54503-6E94-4A9D-8073-18C93C52833D.jpeg

Edited by aminkowz

19 hours ago, Romei said:

Did you had a RFIE? I think that is why my case is getting delayed. Am not really sure just guessing

No, I didn't have any

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, Romei said:

Regarding i864 a 

Oh okay. And then you have received an update on your case that you're ready to be schedule for an interview. 

2 minutes ago, Romei said:

Regarding i864 a 

Great . Well good luck

Interesting that you had RFE for 864, I had one too for latest tax return..looks like they worked on our cases today 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Romei said:

I submitted my response to that RFIE so i assume they might have accepted it

Good luck to you. I have been waiting to hear a decision on my RFE for almost 58 days now and yet nothing has happy. 

3 minutes ago, aminkowz said:

Interesting that you had RFE for 864, I had one too for latest tax return..looks like they worked on our cases today 

Wow.... Then you too are very lucky.  

Well I cross my fingers to hear something as well. Submitted my RFE response since February 12. And I am still waiting to hear something. 

1 minute ago, Bluewaters said:

Good luck to you. I have been waiting to hear a decision on my RFE for almost 58 days now and yet nothing has happy. 

Wow.... Then you too are very lucky.  

Well I cross my fingers to hear something as well. Submitted my RFE response since February 12. And I am still waiting to hear something. 

Oh boy... I have a friend and she filed at the end of December last year. She didn't even get a biometrics appointment yet. 

I have no idea how they do things there...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.