misi misiyos

SHOULD I BRING OUR ALL PRINOUT CHATS TO INTERVIEW?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello guys! I hope you all are doing well. I have a question and need ideas from you. I'm preparing the docs. now for my visa interview. My fiance and I have around 2000 pages of whatsapp chats. He printed them all out and the case is ready now for interview. But the thing is, in the very beginning of our friendship we both were having heart aches from our past relationships. We were talking about our ex bf and gf. Then we had an agreement about getting married with each others (of course it was just a joke for fun). If we can not find the one in 3 years, we can get married with each others. Then we realized that we already found the one! And now after 3 years we are really getting marry not because of the agreement but we really fell in love!! You guys think, should i bring all these chat printouts to my interview or i shouldnt because the officer may think that we are getting married because of the agreement. I know this question is silly :D But im full of stress and i dont want to make any mistake. I also have some texts which says I dont prefer to live in USA, NYC is crowded and dirty, i never had a dream of America bla bla. But now im trying to get visa to move and marry in USA. I also shared some of my thoughts about Trump with my fiance. Should I read all our chats again and take these kind of pages out or I can give all our chat print outs to embassy because its fine. Advice please...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 minutes ago, misi misiyos said:

Hello guys! I hope you all are doing well. I have a question and need ideas from you. I'm preparing the docs. now for my visa interview. My fiance and I have around 2000 pages of whatsapp chats. He printed them all out and the case is ready now for interview. But the thing is, in the very beginning of our friendship we both were having heart aches from our past relationships. We were talking about our ex bf and gf. Then we had an agreement about getting married with each others (of course it was just a joke for fun). If we can not find the one in 3 years, we can get married with each others. Then we realized that we already found the one! And now after 3 years we are really getting marry not because of the agreement but we really fell in love!! You guys think, should i bring all these chat printouts to my interview or i shouldnt because the officer may think that we are getting married because of the agreement. I know this question is silly :D But im full of stress and i dont want to make any mistake. I also have some texts which says I dont prefer to live in USA, NYC is crowded and dirty, i never had a dream of America bla bla. But now im trying to get visa to move and marry in USA. I also shared some of my thoughts about Trump with my fiance. Should I read all our chats again and take these kind of pages out or I can give all our chat print outs to embassy because its fine. Advice please...

We've been together for more than 3yrs..

I will just bring 4pages chat and call records.. 

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, misi misiyos said:

Please don't bring 2000 pages of chats with you, you will get one unhappy officer lol.

Chat logs are secondary evidence. If you want to take them besides pictures, passport stamps, boarding passes, hotel bookings etc you can, but just pick a few recent and a few older ones. Make sure that if you bring it, you bring chats that are meaningful to the IO, not meaningless chats about heartaches or you guys joking around.

You are entitled to have your opinion about the USA and NYC, no officer is allowed to deny you based on you not liking the USA. Also, you're moving here for your fiancé, not to live in the USA. Your opinion about the US and Trump are meaningless to the IO.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, C90 said:

Please don't bring 2000 pages of chats with you, you will get one unhappy officer lol.

Or a very sore back from carrying stuff that the CO will spend 10 seconds looking, if even at all

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

when we went thru the k1 process I originally had over 10,000 pages of exchanged messages between facebook, skype, and FaceTime. I picked a few conversations every three months or so. At the interview there officer didn't ask to see any kind of additional evidence. 

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Had interview today, if had had printed out al Pgs would have been 1136. I took about 5 pages from firsst contact and up to about a week before interview and a sampleing inbetween. Whe had Ltrs and cards we send in a stack so they could be seen, she asked if he wanted to see and he said it's OK (meaning he didn't feel he needed too) I would say as always be honest. Don't say something that if asked to show evidence you can't.

They were very nice and helpful. Pleae don't thinl their not very smart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.