Kimkim08

Green Card holder wants mom to visit

36 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kimkim08 said:

Thanks for you all responds,

I know my mom needs to prove all evidence that she doesn’t want to stay in the US to interview officer.

My husband and I want her to visit and that’s it. He is a white guy with all American figures, it’s hard for him to get along with my Vietnam family. He can’t even stand when we talk too much of our Vietnamese language. He doesn’t  like to eat rice or noodles daily.

My mom also gets use to with Vietnam lifestyle with neighbors to talk, cải lương music...which we don’t have those here because of our job and location we live. (No Vietnamese community)

I know it is HARD to prove to them because it is personal reference, cultural differences. 

Visiting for couple months is the only thing that works for all parties. 

Thank you.

huh?

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

3 hours ago, Kimkim08 said:

Thanks for you all responds,

I know my mom needs to prove all evidence that she doesn’t want to stay in the US to interview officer.

My husband and I want her to visit and that’s it. He is a white guy with all American figures, it’s hard for him to get along with my Vietnam family. He can’t even stand when we talk too much of our Vietnamese language. He doesn’t  like to eat rice or noodles daily.

My mom also gets use to with Vietnam lifestyle with neighbors to talk, cải lương music...which we don’t have those here because of our job and location we live. (No Vietnamese community)

I know it is HARD to prove to them because it is personal reference, cultural differences. 

Visiting for couple months is the only thing that works for all parties. 

Thank you.

Sorry for any confusions with my previous sts. 

I mean my husband like others Americans who don't want to live under the same roof with older generations, he just love his immediate family. It is different from Asian lifestyle which the same house can be shared with others. 

I love him to death and we all know our culture is different. We love each other the way we are.

After all, I wanted to say about differences of living styles. My mom doesn't like to permanently live here in US but it's hard to prove to the Interview officer her feelings.

21 hours ago, Kimkim08 said:

Thank for your all reply.

I know the visa to subject to denial. It depends on her. 

There some people she talked with saying that if I am citizen the chance she get higher so I am confused about this only issue.

My friend's mom got her 10 year visa. After a year her dad applied and got approved as well. Her mom never worked and lived all her life as housewife.They were both in their late 60s. They have a house and that's it. All she can do is apply, if she doesn't then she won't have any chance at all.

1 minute ago, POA said:

My friend's mom got her 10 year visa. After a year her dad applied and got approved as well. Her mom never worked and lived all her life as housewife.They were both in their late 60s. They have a house and that's it. All she can do is apply, if she doesn't then she won't have any chance at all.

Thanks for your response.

That is good. I hope it will go well. My mom is in her early 60s and my dad passed way 3 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Kimkim08 said:

Honestly, I don’t see any differences between Green Card holder and USC except for voting. I don’t rush over it so much. Maybe I am procrastinating or lazy. Before 10-yr expired, maybe I work on it.

thanks

One major reasons I applied for citizenship is I don't have to worry about losing ($540) or have to renew it. Also, my Philippine passport won't also let me go to a lot of countries without the right visa or get or work with government clearance where I needed from my jobs. That and the voting as well. I just wanted to just get done with USCIS and not have to deal with them again unless I decided to get my family. 

14 hours ago, Kimkim08 said:

It’s one of those things that will take some times adjusting to, not impossible but can be very difficult. I don’t know where you live but we live in the Midwest, so definitely no Vietnamese community here. I sponsored my Mom and she’s been here for 4 months now. My Mom is in her 60s as well and definitely still adjusting but she’s determined to make it work. Definitely hates the weather, as it’s been the hashest winter here in years. But she gets to spend her times with the two grandchildren so for the most part, she’s happy. You can get the live Vietnames TV channels through the internet now so TV wise it’s not an issue (plus all the youtube and movies websites). It’s is not impossible as mentioned but needs lots of work.

My in-laws have also been here for 6-7 years and though again not perfect for them, they prefer to be near their children and grandchildren, than half the globe away. Anyway you situation may be different though as your mom still has your other sisters there. Mỗi nhà mỗi cảnh you know.

14 hours ago, Kimkim08 said:

Honestly, I don’t see any differences between Green Card holder and USC except for voting. 

To me, there are two other benefits: the ability to live in a different country without losing US citizenship ( cause I think I’m gonna retire in a different country thinking Mexico along the Texas border or who knows maybe Vietnam) and the ability to sponsor relatives. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.