Ed&Midori1031

Expedite Request for AOS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone.  I just wanted to ask around and see if there was anyone who has experienced the Expedite Request for Adjustment of Status (AOS), especially for any military personnel.  Would you mind sharing your experience?  

I have been "selected" for orders, but I will not receive my official "hard copy" of orders most likely after the fiscal year.  Basically, I'm in not a rush to request an Expedite, but I will as soon as I get my official orders...

If you're not military, please do share as well, cheers. 

As far as I know expedite for AOS doesn't exist. Pretty much - you're in the US already, so you don't have to worry about expediting your way there.

Also without actual orders on papers, there won't grand any kind of expedites.

I assume you mean your foreign spouse not yourself - as a "military personnel" you don't do AOS yourself. 😛 And your foreign spouse is not a military personnel.

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
Just now, Roel said:

As far as I know there is not expedite for AOS. pretty much - you're in the US already, so you don't have to worry about expediting your way there.

Also without actual orders on papers, there won't grand any kind of expedites.

I assume you mean your foreign spouse not yourself - as a "military personnel" you don't do AOS yourself. 😛 And your spouse is not a military personnel.

Yes correct, I meant AOS for my wife.  I should've specified that in the post 😕  

Just now, edmtn said:

Yes correct, I meant AOS for my wife.  I should've specified that in the post 😕  

No worries. But yeah if your spouse is in the US already and filed for AOS, then can't really expedite that. I think even with orders they would not expedite AOS.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Roel said:

No worries. But yeah if your spouse is in the US already and filed for AOS, then can't really expedite that. I think even with orders they would not expedite AOS.

The thing I'm worried about is since I'm going to be stationed overseas, and if the green card interview isn't done prior to us moving, I feel that will be ahuge headache on our part.  

Hi, We are also on the same situation as you. My Husband was Ordered to Germany last year and I’m Stateside right now waiting for AoS. We tried to Expedite,  We included all Evidence with Application Packet ( Official Orders with Command Sponsorship, Both Commanders Letter from losing and gaining unit, Hubbys proof of Military Service, Expedite request letter from me and Hubby..) Basically what they said was I need to wait for All my Background Check to be cleared, and then I can try to Expedite the Interview date because my Field office waiting time is 12-22months, but there is No guarantee it would be Approved. 

So we will try again to Expedite after my Background check has been cleared. :)

• 3 months later...

What was the outcome of getting your AOS expedited @Artemiss and @Ed&Midori1031 ? I'm in a similar situation. I called them today requesting my case be expedited and I gave them all the information they asked for and they submitted the request. I think ill be in the same boat with waiting on the background to be cleared as we just received our Biometrics appointment notice today... 

Edited by BB Family

K1 Process 192 Days (From Mailing to POE)

Spoiler

08-17-2018 Mailed I-129F to Dallas, TX

08-20-2018 Delivered to Dallas, TX

08-23-2018 USCIS Text and email with Receipt #

08-27-2018 Received NOA1 Hard Copy

11-21-2018 CFO Interview- Passed. Received certificate and Receipt.

01-11-2019 Approved I129F. Received Text and Email. 

01-14-2019 NOA2 Hard Copy received- Stated Received date as 20Aug18, and NOA2 date as 10Jan19. DS-160 Submitted

01-25-2019 NVC Case Number by phone.

01-28-2019 Paid Visa Fee at BPI

01-29-2019 Scheduled Interview

02-05-2019 Case "In Transit" from NVC to USEM Philippines

02-07-2019 “Case Ready” at NVC 

02-08-2019 Received NVC Letter email

02-12-2019 Completed Medical

02-14-2019 Interview Passed

02-15-2019 Case Immigrant "Administrative Processing"

02-25-2019 Case “Nonimmigrant Administrative Processing”

02-27-2019 Visa Issued

03-04-2019 Visa On Hand

03-06-2019 CFO Sticker received

03-07-2019 POE Atlanta 

AOS Process

Spoiler

05-03-2019 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

05-07-2019 Packet arrived to USCIS

05-28-2019 AOS Fee Charged to Card

05-29-2019 NOA Date

06-03-2019 Received NOA Receipts

06-07-2019 Biometrics Letter

06-17-2019 Biometrics appointment

08-07-2019 Ready to schedule interview

08-27-2019 Interview Scheduled

09-03-2019 Interview letter received.

09-18-2019 EAD Card in production 

09-19-2019 AP Approved

09-23-2019 EAD Card mailed

09-30-2019 EAD Card received 

10-04-2019 Interview passed/Card in production

Timeline
14 minutes ago, BB Family said:

What was the outcome of getting your AOS expedited @Artemiss and @Ed&Midori1031 ? I'm in a similar situation. I called them today requesting my case be expedited and I gave them all the information they asked for and they submitted the request. I think ill be in the same boat with waiting on the background to be cleared as we just received our Biometrics appointment notice today... 

So basically it went like this:  

1.  I first called USCIS to request expedite, gave them all the info and they submitted the request for me.

2.  About five days later, I received an email from the local USCIS office stating they could not approve my expedite request due to not submitting supporting documents, even though I was not given direction to do so. 

3.  What I then did was mail the local USCIS office my supporting documents, along with a letter I typed my self requesting to be expedited again, which was received on May 28th.    

4.  A week later, USCIS called my wife and asked if we can do the interview on June 11th!  So the expedite worked!  So at the moment, my wife and I are preparing for our interview. 

Take in mind, I am military, and I submitted a copy of my orders to be stationed overseas at the end of the year, so that's what really helped the expedite to be proccess to be approved.  If you'd like I can send you a template of the letter I wrote to my local USCIS office, because I am here to help!  

6 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

1.  I first called USCIS to request expedite, gave them all the info and they submitted the request for me.

2.  About five days later, I received an email from the local USCIS office stating they could not approve my expedite request due to not submitting supporting documents, even though I was not given direction to do so. 

3.  What I then did was mail the local USCIS office my supporting documents, along with a letter I typed my self requesting to be expedited again, which was received on May 28th.    

4.  A week later, USCIS called my wife and asked if we can do the interview on June 11th!  So the expedite worked!  So at the moment, my wife and I are preparing for our interview. 

Take in mind, I am military, and I submitted a copy of my orders to be stationed overseas at the end of the year, so that's what really helped the expedite to be proccess to be approved.  If you'd like I can send you a template of the letter I wrote to my local USCIS office, because I am here to help!  

Yes, please send me a template. I received the orders last month. Ive done the same as your number 1. I just got the email 10 minutes ago telling me they cant make a decision without documents and told me to use infopass so I  can bring them the documents. but the local office is not accepting walkins or infopass appointments lol. So I think ill do what you did and mail them everything. 

K1 Process 192 Days (From Mailing to POE)

Spoiler

08-17-2018 Mailed I-129F to Dallas, TX

08-20-2018 Delivered to Dallas, TX

08-23-2018 USCIS Text and email with Receipt #

08-27-2018 Received NOA1 Hard Copy

11-21-2018 CFO Interview- Passed. Received certificate and Receipt.

01-11-2019 Approved I129F. Received Text and Email. 

01-14-2019 NOA2 Hard Copy received- Stated Received date as 20Aug18, and NOA2 date as 10Jan19. DS-160 Submitted

01-25-2019 NVC Case Number by phone.

01-28-2019 Paid Visa Fee at BPI

01-29-2019 Scheduled Interview

02-05-2019 Case "In Transit" from NVC to USEM Philippines

02-07-2019 “Case Ready” at NVC 

02-08-2019 Received NVC Letter email

02-12-2019 Completed Medical

02-14-2019 Interview Passed

02-15-2019 Case Immigrant "Administrative Processing"

02-25-2019 Case “Nonimmigrant Administrative Processing”

02-27-2019 Visa Issued

03-04-2019 Visa On Hand

03-06-2019 CFO Sticker received

03-07-2019 POE Atlanta 

AOS Process

Spoiler

05-03-2019 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

05-07-2019 Packet arrived to USCIS

05-28-2019 AOS Fee Charged to Card

05-29-2019 NOA Date

06-03-2019 Received NOA Receipts

06-07-2019 Biometrics Letter

06-17-2019 Biometrics appointment

08-07-2019 Ready to schedule interview

08-27-2019 Interview Scheduled

09-03-2019 Interview letter received.

09-18-2019 EAD Card in production 

09-19-2019 AP Approved

09-23-2019 EAD Card mailed

09-30-2019 EAD Card received 

10-04-2019 Interview passed/Card in production

On 6/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, BB Family said:

Hi, I just did my Interview last friday and was Approved on the spot! GC in hand just yesterday. We have to request 2 Expedites as the first one they responded that I have to wait for my Background to clear first. I just called the Military Hotline and then faxed them my husbands orders and letters.

Here is my Timeline:

PD: 2/4/2019

Interview Date: 5/31/2019

Best of luck on your case!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Artemiss said:

Hi, I just did my Interview last friday and was Approved on the spot! GC in hand just yesterday. We have to request 2 Expedites as the first one they responded that I have to wait for my Background to clear first. I just called the Military Hotline and then faxed them my husbands orders and letters.

Here is my Timeline:

PD: 2/4/2019

Interview Date: 5/31/2019

Best of luck on your case!

Very nice to hear @Artemiss congrats!  What kind of pictures did you bring to the interview? Were they "simple"  picture of your spouse together?  Or did you show more detail like travels and/or holiday times?  I'm trying to gather as much pics as I can to show those type of things for our interview.  

Also, how many questions did they ask you?? Just curious. 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Very nice to hear @Artemiss congrats!  What kind of pictures did you bring to the interview? Were they "simple"  picture of your spouse together?  Or did you show more detail like travels and/or holiday times?  I'm trying to gather as much pics as I can to show those type of things for our interview.  

Also, how many questions did they ask you?? Just curious. 

Thank you! We already submitted holiday pictures with family, friends and our travel together with the application.

The Officer only asked me How did we meet and who attended our wedding, went over the application that’s it. Then asked me for 5 pictures (I brought the pics with my husband vacation just 2 weeks prior), officer never even looked at them and the album I brought and no questions asked just put them in my file with new docs. Told me I was approved and to expect my GC in 2 weeks time. 

Goodluck on your Interview! :)

Edited by Artemiss

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

C

On 6/7/2019 at 1:49 PM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Can I please have the templates as well? Thank you

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Ed&Midori1031 do you still have that template? We'll try to expedite aswell and I'm absolutely in for help 😊

Timeline
11 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

@Ed&Midori1031 do you still have that template? We'll try to expedite aswell and I'm absolutely in for help 😊

Yes, just message me with your email and I'll send you a copy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.