edmtn

Expedite Request for AOS

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.  I just wanted to ask around and see if there was anyone who has experienced the Expedite Request for Adjustment of Status (AOS), especially for any military personnel.  Would you mind sharing your experience?  

I have been "selected" for orders, but I will not receive my official "hard copy" of orders most likely after the fiscal year.  Basically, I'm in not a rush to request an Expedite, but I will as soon as I get my official orders...

If you're not military, please do share as well, cheers. 

As far as I know expedite for AOS doesn't exist. Pretty much - you're in the US already, so you don't have to worry about expediting your way there.

Also without actual orders on papers, there won't grand any kind of expedites.

I assume you mean your foreign spouse not yourself - as a "military personnel" you don't do AOS yourself. 😛 And your foreign spouse is not a military personnel.

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Just now, Roel said:

As far as I know there is not expedite for AOS. pretty much - you're in the US already, so you don't have to worry about expediting your way there.

Also without actual orders on papers, there won't grand any kind of expedites.

I assume you mean your foreign spouse not yourself - as a "military personnel" you don't do AOS yourself. 😛 And your spouse is not a military personnel.

Yes correct, I meant AOS for my wife.  I should've specified that in the post 😕  

Just now, edmtn said:

Yes correct, I meant AOS for my wife.  I should've specified that in the post 😕  

No worries. But yeah if your spouse is in the US already and filed for AOS, then can't really expedite that. I think even with orders they would not expedite AOS.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

5 hours ago, Roel said:

No worries. But yeah if your spouse is in the US already and filed for AOS, then can't really expedite that. I think even with orders they would not expedite AOS.

The thing I'm worried about is since I'm going to be stationed overseas, and if the green card interview isn't done prior to us moving, I feel that will be ahuge headache on our part.  

Hi, We are also on the same situation as you. My Husband was Ordered to Germany last year and I’m Stateside right now waiting for AoS. We tried to Expedite,  We included all Evidence with Application Packet ( Official Orders with Command Sponsorship, Both Commanders Letter from losing and gaining unit, Hubbys proof of Military Service, Expedite request letter from me and Hubby..) Basically what they said was I need to wait for All my Background Check to be cleared, and then I can try to Expedite the Interview date because my Field office waiting time is 12-22months, but there is No guarantee it would be Approved. 

So we will try again to Expedite after my Background check has been cleared. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.