18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I plan to go to the interview with my fiancé. I’ve been to Manila three times in the past year to see her and we traveled  to Singapore together in November. She knows everything about me.  I don’t have any criminal record but I was arrested on a DV charge (in CA Anytime the police are called during a domestic dispute someone has to be arrested) in 2003 that was proven to be false by the court (ex was cray cray....)and it was dismissed. She knows about it and she knows exactly what happened. And I pretty sure that she’s going to get questions about it?    I’m also just wondering if they’ll be doing any curveball question since she has three kids that we plan to petition once she gets here and we get settled

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

I plan to go to the interview with my fiancé. I’ve been to Manila three times in the past year to see her and we traveled  to Singapore together in November. She knows everything about me.  I don’t have any criminal record but I was arrested on a DV charge (in CA Anytime the police are called during a domestic dispute someone has to be arrested) in 2003 that was proven to be false by the court (ex was cray cray....)and it was dismissed. She knows about it and she knows exactly what happened. And I pretty sure that she’s going to get questions about it?    I’m also just wondering if they’ll be doing any curveball question since she has three kids that we plan to petition once she gets here and we get settled

Did you answer YES to Part 3 2a on the I-129F ?     Gather up whatever documentation you have on this and email copies of it to your fiancee .. trust me the embassy will ask about it, and may ask for documentation from you.

As long as you completed the I-129F correctly, have been upfront with your Fiancee and can provide documents to the embassy I doubt you will have issues.

Did you list the kids on the I-129F? <required.    You have up to 1 year from issuance of your fiancee visa to complete the follow to join visa process for the kids.  After that it is required to file I-130s.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

I am assuming you included your arrest record for the DV (and court records indicating the charge was dismissed) when you filed your I-129F? I would guess she will be asked about it and they will want to know what details she knows. My fiance's interviewer asked for details, asked if I still drink, and if she had any concerns about my arrests. My fiance was very clear in her response and was comfortable because we have talked about that part of my past repeatedly. The CO wanted assurance my fiance knew my whole history in that regard.

Can't answer the question about her kids. Hopefully someone else will come along with info. Good luck.

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Did you answer YES to Part 3 2a on the I-129F ?     Gather up whatever documentation you have on this and email copies of it to your fiancee .. trust me the embassy will ask about it, and may ask for documentation from you.

As long as you completed the I-129F correctly, have been upfront with your Fiancee and can provide documents to the embassy I doubt you will have issues.

Did you list the kids on the I-129F?   You have up to 1 year from issuance of your fiancee visa to complete the follow to join visa process for the kids.  After that it is required to file I-130s.

Yes I did answer yes to that question. I also provided them with the court documents showing where I was originally charged with DV and i ended With disturbing the peace fineAfter my ex admitted that she had called the cops because she was pissed at me.  This was years before I became a public high school teacher so I’ve been able to pass a DOJFBI background check with no problem. Yes we did list all the kids on the petition

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

Yes I did answer yes to that question. I also provided them with the court documents showing where I was originally charged with DV and i ended With disturbing the peace fineAfter my ex admitted that she had called the cops because she was pissed at me.  This was years before I became a public high school teacher so I’ve been able to pass a DOJFBI background check with no problem. Yes we did list all the kids on the petition

Excellent!! 

You should not have any issues in that area.  :thumbs:

Being at the interview is a great experience .. I was there with my wife and totally enjoyed it.  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Excellent!! 

You should not have any issues in that area.  :thumbs:

Being at the interview is a great experience .. I was there with my wife and totally enjoyed it.  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Will I have to wait outside? Or will I be allowed in the interview 

Timeline
5 hours ago, BenRowen said:

You will enter the embassy with your fiancee.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, BenRowen said:

It the US Embassy, You are  US Citizen so it your Embassy. People go there for Social Security also

It not a embassy for people from PHilippines

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

It the US Embassy, You are  US Citizen so it your Embassy. People go there for Social Security also

It not a embassy for people from PHilippines

Not all embassies allow the USC into the Visa unit.   Manila does 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.