Bengoj

2019 income for Visa process

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello, I am US citizen sponsoring my spouse. For  proof of 2019 current income during the visa process, how current do paystubs and letter from employer have to be?  

1 minute ago, Gojo said:

Hello, I am US citizen sponsoring my spouse. For  proof of 2019 current income during the visa process, how current do paystubs and letter from employer have to be?  

Just the most current paystubs, see today is February, so how about January, December, November, maybe few more months if you like. 

Letter from employer: generally within 6 months, I think

Timeline
2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Just the most current paystubs, see today is February, so how about January, December, November, maybe few more months if you like. 

Letter from employer: generally within 6 months, I think

Thank you!  I travel as much as I can to see my husband (every 3-4 months) I contract, my employer can provide letters but my paystubs will reflect different. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I  864   instuctions

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

I  864   instuctions

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

So it’s 6 months worth of paystubs?  And only provide it if asked..I guess at interview, etc. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

or  last year's  tax  transcript  which is  better

the above is extra  information to provide if you think it is needed

it is a cut and paste from I 864  instructions

the best information is from USCIS

//www.uscis.gov/i-864

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

or  last year's  tax  transcript  which is  better

the above is extra  information to provide if you think it is needed

it is a cut and paste from I 864  instructions

the best information is from USCIS

//www.uscis.gov/i-864

Ok thank you!  I understand. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There are no questions about 2019 income or "current year" income.  You will provide evidence of "current income", which is what you will make during the next 12 months, if you keep the same job and pay level.  ONE and ONLY ONE pay stub is sufficient evidence.  Nowadays, pay stubs show year to date income anyway.  Take your gross pay, times the number of pay periods in a year  (Every two weeks is 26, not 24) and document that with a current pay stub.  Done.

If you are self employed, your current income comes from the Total Income line on your latest tax return.  For 2017, that's line 22.  The tax return itself is the evidence of "current income" for the self employed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gojo said:

You stated that I will provide evidence of current income, would I have to bring that to the interview?  

It is provided with the I-864, so yes, you'll bring the original to the interview.  You can also bring an updated pay stub or a later tax return if it is filed between now and the interview.  The petitioner needs to carefully study the I-864 instructions, and visa applicant any instructions from the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Tax Transcripts for 2018 will not be needed until after the tax filing due date in April 2019. At this point the latest tax transcript required is 2017. (per NVC Supervisor) 

97171846_2019PovertyLevel.jpg.0a407cf487a2612833d4ffb628571d9c.jpg

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.