JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

I have got recommendations from DOS finally! Yay!!! 

I am a research scholar and my case is US Govt funding based, applied for No Objection category, for this forum's record.

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by USPS Priority Mail:                            December 26th 2018

Packet received (USPS confirmed by email due to issues with tracking):    December 28th 2018

Embassy sent NOS by mail to DOS:                                                                     January 21st 2019

DOS received No Objection Statement on:                                                         February 20th 2019

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     February 11th 2019

Sponsor Views Requested by DOS:                                                                     March 19th 2019

Sponsor views Received by DOS:                                                                         March 24th 2019

Favorable Recommendations:                                                                              March 26th 2019

I wish positive outcome for the rest of the applicants!

J1_Visa_Holder_Waiver_Recomendation Status.png

Edited by JWaiver_2019

19 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

I have got recommendations from DOS finally! Yay!!! 

I am a research scholar and my case is US Govt funding based, applied for No Objection category, for this forum's record.

Congratulations JWaiver, now we just need to wait for the USCIS process.

BTW I contacted USCIS to get my case number, So I'm updating my timeline here:

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by UPS (from Brazil):                              December 16th 2018

Packet received (UPS tracking):                                                                           December 20th 2018

Embassy sent NOS by mail to DOS:                                                                     December 22th 2018

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     January 24th 2019

DOS received No Objection Statement on:                                                         January 29th 2019

Favorable Recommendations:                                                                              March 12th 2019

USCIS accepted my case on:                                                                                March 20th 2019

I'm yet to receive the notice of action from USCIS and favorable recommendation letter from DOS my mail. I'm in Brazil, so it may take some time for the letters to arrive.

image.thumb.png.f9e4596371e6c31a5af495c7df9c86ef.png

2 hours ago, Filipi said:

Congratulations JWaiver, now we just need to wait for the USCIS process.

BTW I contacted USCIS to get my case number, So I'm updating my timeline here:

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by UPS (from Brazil):                              December 16th 2018

Packet received (UPS tracking):                                                                           December 20th 2018

Embassy sent NOS by mail to DOS:                                                                     December 22th 2018

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     January 24th 2019

DOS received No Objection Statement on:                                                         January 29th 2019

Favorable Recommendations:                                                                              March 12th 2019

USCIS accepted my case on:                                                                                March 20th 2019

I'm yet to receive the notice of action from USCIS and favorable recommendation letter from DOS my mail. I'm in Brazil, so it may take some time for the letters to arrive.

image.thumb.png.f9e4596371e6c31a5af495c7df9c86ef.png

Thanks Filipi!

I can share good tracking experience of mine for new applicants and if want to follow the same approach since I am able to track DOS mail using tracking number that I have used for returned envelopes (I kept other part of USPS tracking sticker saved in my file).

DOS mail is on the way with expected delivery time tomorrow. I got DOS online status update yesterday morning and when I checked tracking number (pasted on returned envelopes) last night, it showed that 'mail arrived at the USPS facility around 8.30pm'. So in my case, they mailed decision by mail on the next day of favorable decision. So you should be able to get it sooner since it usually takes 2-3 weeks for international mails and also depends on different mailing zones internationally.

I actually submitted 'Priority mail returned envelopes' with tracking number in my DOS packet and I found it was a good decision so I am well aware of situation now and tracking DOS mail and can recommend the same to follow for others.

Thanks for sharing USCIS experience and I will wait for another week and then call them to see if I can get case number over phone. This is not urgent for me since I am able to proceed with my rest of documentation process using DOS letter.

Thanks again Filipi! I appreciate.

7 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Thanks Filipi!

I can share good tracking experience of mine for new applicants and if want to follow the same approach since I am able to track DOS mail using tracking number that I have used for returned envelopes (I kept other part of USPS tracking sticker saved in my file).

DOS mail is on the way with expected delivery time tomorrow. I got DOS online status update yesterday morning and when I checked tracking number (pasted on returned envelopes) last night, it showed that 'mail arrived at the USPS facility around 8.30pm'. So in my case, they mailed decision by mail on the next day of favorable decision. So you should be able to get it sooner since it usually takes 2-3 weeks for international mails and also depends on different mailing zones internationally.

I actually submitted 'Priority mail returned envelopes' with tracking number in my DOS packet and I found it was a good decision so I am well aware of situation now and tracking DOS mail and can recommend the same to follow for others.

Thanks for sharing USCIS experience and I will wait for another week and then call them to see if I can get case number over phone. This is not urgent for me since I am able to proceed with my rest of documentation process using DOS letter.

Thanks again Filipi! I appreciate.

congrats J1 waiver happy for you.  Me too used the usps priority mail returned envelopes with tracking number, but i sent the A4 size envelope since on that day post office was out of smaller envelopes. Do you think that will matter?

3 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

congrats J1 waiver happy for you.  Me too used the usps priority mail returned envelopes with tracking number, but i sent the A4 size envelope since on that day post office was out of smaller envelopes. Do you think that will matter?

Many thanks Kr1234!

I also used A4 envelope, I think shortage of right sized envelope is very common across. So don't worry, it was a good decision. :)

Hello Folks, 

So, I just got my final approval from the USCIS. The nightmare is over. Here is my story in brief.  I WAS A FULLBRIGHT!! and I got the No-objection waiver!!!! yes, it  IS POSSIBLE for those who received funding from Fulbright to get the no-objection waiver. 

I think you have to make a stron g argument in your statement. Do NOT make the argument about you; instead, make the argument that it is useful for the program goal if you not go back. Make a case that if you get waived the program goals will be achieved more than if you go back. And of course, you have to support your arguments by evidence and documents. I did not hire a lawyer. Actually, all the lawyers I talked to said I will never get the no objection waiver because I was a Fulbright scholar, but I did!

Here is my timeline

It took my embassy so long to send the letter. 

Also, it took the USCIS almost 39 days to send the final approval.

Goodluck to you all!

Edited by millefleur
Image removed containing personal information

20 hours ago, Sam2019 said:

Hello Folks, 

So, I just got my final approval from the USCIS. The nightmare is over. Here is my story in brief.  I WAS A FULLBRIGHT!! and I got the No-objection waiver!!!! yes, it  IS POSSIBLE for those who received funding from Fulbright to get the no-objection waiver. 

I think you have to make a stron g argument in your statement. Do NOT make the argument about you; instead, make the argument that it is useful for the program goal if you not go back. Make a case that if you get waived the program goals will be achieved more than if you go back. And of course, you have to support your arguments by evidence and documents. I did not hire a lawyer. Actually, all the lawyers I talked to said I will never get the no objection waiver because I was a Fulbright scholar, but I did!

Here is my timeline

Goodluck to you all!

Edited by millefleur

20 hours ago, Sam2019 said:

Hello Folks, 

Here is my timeline

Goodluck to you all!

Congratulations Sam2019! Finally your wait is over!

I completely agree with you that thorough homework and good documentation before starting the process makes your case stronger, and any relevant supporting evidence to your statement facilitate quick decision by the waiver review team.

In case you are expecting sponsor view, identify people in advance who will be receiving this request, coordinate with them including your supervisor (who is also contacted for some response in many cases) in advance and let them know of your situation why you want them to respond quickly. I saw people are very supportive, if you are communicating well and in respectful manner with them. So good communication and coordination is a key. Don't look in the forums, and assume the process is simple, many are getting waivers fast, and you submit application without preparation - situations varies from case to case and you need to be vigilant.

In my case, I also added some relevant recommendation letter endorsing my commentary in 'statement of reason' as part of other documents. So think about your situation, collect all supporting material/evidences and once ready you can submit.  Check fastest timelines in this forum and look for 'other' documents, you will find many have it in their timeline and if this is strong documentation, results are really fast.

Edited by millefleur

1 minute ago, BorquMic said:

Yesterday was 6 weeks but still pending .:(

88599DAE-726C-4638-B948-9CF1CE268900.jpeg

Your case is within DOS timeline so there is no need to worry. Yes, wait is really frustrating, but nothing needs your action at this stage than waiting!

Did your case involved US govt funding? If not and every thing is correctly lined up, then you should receive their decision in next status update within DOS timeline. Applicants are getting waiver in 6-8 weeks so still you have time.

5 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Your case is within DOS timeline so there is no need to worry. Yes, wait is really frustrating, but nothing needs your action at this stage than waiting!

Did your case involved US govt funding? If not and every thing is correctly lined up, then you should receive their decision in next status update within DOS timeline. Applicants are getting waiver in 6-8 weeks so still you have time.

Of course Not. Thanks. I am patiently waiting. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have been waiting since January 31st when the NOS was updated to the list of documents. Very frustrating this long wait. This Thursday it will be 9 weeks waiting.

By the way, mine is a simple home govt funding with NOS.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:05 AM, BorquMic said:

Wow does it 6-8 weeks to update NOC. Mine NOC was received February 14,2019 and it’s pending.. 

Edited by okland

N-400 - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 177 Days (+124 days for Passport)

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Applied Online

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Biometric Reuse

Day 112 - 12/07/22 - Interview Letter

Day 147 - 01/11/23 - Interview 

Day 177 - 02/10/23 - Oath

Day 301 - 06/14/23 - Passport

ROC - Texas Service Center - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 469 Days

Spoiler

Day 000 - 09/29/21 - Sent Mail

Day 001 - 09/30/21 - ROC Delivered

Day 009 - 10/10/21 - NOA Received in the mail

Day 059 - 11/30/21 - Biometrics

Day 323 - 08/18/22 - Case transferred to another office

Day 382 - 10/16/22 - Fingerprints were applied

Day 469 - 01/11/23 - Approval/Interview

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ - 212 Days

Spoiler

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ

Day 000 - 04/20/19 - Sent Priority Mail (4lb - 12oz, ~700 pages, $19)

Day 001 - 04/24/19 - AOS Delivered

Day 007 - 04/30/19 - Credit Card Charged & Text for NOA.

Day 012 - 05/05/19 - NOA Received in the mail (PD: 04/23/19, RD: 04/23/19)

Day 017 - 05/10/19 - NOA2 Biometrics Appointment (Action Date: 05/03/19)

Day 031 - 05/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment

Day 042 - 06/04/19 - Case Ready to be Scheduled an Interview

Day 160 - 09/27/19 - Interview Scheduled

Day 173 - 10/10/19 - EAD Card in Production

Day 204 - 11/14/19 - Interview Date

Day 204 - 11/14/19 -  Approved and Card in Production

Day 212 - 11/22/19 - Card Received in the Mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.