JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sam86 said:

Hello everyone, 

I just started my J1 waiver application under the no objection statement and after reading these posts (in particular the one above), I started panicking a little, so I just want to make sure that I did everything right so far... any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

03/04 Email sent to Italian Embassy in Washington to request " No Objection Statement"

03/09 Package sent to U.S. Department of State (arrived on 03/11, based on USPS tracking)

Of course I am not expecting to have any update anytime soon by the DOS...the reason why I am panicking is...I'm living in Houston too...should I've sent something to embassy here? To request the No Objection statement I just followed the instruction on this website https://ambwashingtondc.esteri.it/ambasciata_washington/en/informazioni_e_servizi/j-1-waivers.html , in which specify to send an email with the requested documents, nothing by mail.

Probably this is a silly question for most of you, but I just want to be sure. 

Sam

Hi Sam86,

You did exactly what you were supposed to do. Everyone need to request Embassy in Washington to send NOS to DOS. Each country has different NOS process but once application is submitted to DOS, we are in same boat. So welcome on board. So you are on track, and no need to panic! :)

4 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

Hi sam, I think you are good since Im from India and I followed accordingly. Yours maybe different. 

Yes, each country has different process and I heard Indian process to obtain NOS is killer! It take months to get NOS in India. I am not sure but one friend of mine has faced such situation in India.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, JWaiver_2019 said:

Yes, each country has different process and I heard Indian process to obtain NOS is killer! It take months to get NOS in India. I am not sure but one friend of mine has faced such situation in India.

Guys, Thank you both! I will just try to be patient and update my timeline her whenever something will magically happen!

Sam

1 hour ago, Kr1234 said:

Hi 

Today i enquired about my No objection statement through email from washington embassy, they have replied  that they have sent my no objection statement through email to DOS on February 15th. Is that okay? Im worried since the DOS has clearly mentioned to sent through post to waiver review division. Any replies regarding this are appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Yes, this shouldn't be problem since some Embassies are sending NOS by emails too. You are right that DOS recommends mail but it again depends from country to country but I believe you are good. NOS status takes 4-5 weeks to update on DOS site but there are few lucky examples with shorter timelines, I am not at least. :)

15 hours ago, Filipi said:

Hey guys, my status changed to favorable recommendation. It took exactly 6 weeks, so maybe the new estimated times are overestimated. Hope everyone here get a favorable recommendation soon.

image.thumb.png.3a9c6031c3ac627d20f69495ccd0d008.png

This is great news Filipi! Congratulations! And I wish you all the best for final USCIS formality and hope you get the decision letter soon as well !

Can you please share if your case involved government funding or scholarship or straight case. I am collecting this information for future applicants to get ideas on expected timelines.

11 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

:) Guys Mine too got updated.... It took exactly 4 weeks for me to get No objection statement received update. Also Indian washington embassy is only sending No objection statement only via emails from 2017 its seems, so Indian friends no need to get panic. 

Picture1234.png

Happy for you and told you that this should be fine! :)

Congratulations for this milestone and hope you get next good news soon too!

On 3/13/2019 at 11:41 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

This is great news Filipi! Congratulations! And I wish you all the best for final USCIS formality and hope you get the decision letter soon as well !

Can you please share if your case involved government funding or scholarship or straight case. I am collecting this information for future applicants to get ideas on expected timelines.

Thanks! Sure, during my j1 I was sponsored by a government funding agency from Brazil. In my NOS the embassy included a statement informing that I fullfilled all my obligations with that sponsor. I didn't receive any funding from US, so it is a straight case I think.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:19 AM, Filipi said:

Hey guys, my status changed to favorable recommendation. It took exactly 6 weeks, so maybe the new estimated times are overestimated. Hope everyone here get a favorable recommendation soon.

image.thumb.png.3a9c6031c3ac627d20f69495ccd0d008.png

Congratulations! Do you have idea of how long it takes to get favorable recommendation letter from DoS? Also is the letter sufficient to do AOS of msrried to USC?

Edited by Dave242

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.