JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2019 at 4:40 PM, Filipi said:

Hi Ellamcc,

Congratulations! It is nice to know that the USCIS part is not taking too long. Did you had access to your USCIS case number before receiving I-797C? How did you obtain it? Thanks!

Regards,

Filipi

I called the USCIS call center and asked my case number. They do not know anything about no objection or DOS letter, but I asked I-612 case number. 

On 3/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

Congratulations ellamcc! This timeline looks super fast from NOS point. Your case was definitely straight with no US govt funding and followed 6 weeks timeline.

Thanks for sharing your timeline and this will be helpful for new estimates.

Thank you. I did not have US govt funding but after 30 days of No objection letter, I reached out to the congressman's office and asked help because my visa was expiring. The congressman's office followed up the case and 2 days after that the DOS issued a favorable recommendation. 

19 hours ago, Srinath Narayanan said:

Guys something really strange has happened to me. 

Yesterday I checked the status : The document received date was 25th of Feb. today it changed to 15 March. :-(. 

any leads, has it happened to any one ? 

Capture.JPG

This is strange but not new. It has happened with some other applicants recently as well. No clue! but it looks to me that little more delay in application is expected.

17 hours ago, ellamcc said:

Thank you. I did not have US govt funding but after 30 days of No objection letter, I reached out to the congressman's office and asked help because my visa was expiring. The congressman's office followed up the case and 2 days after that the DOS issued a favorable recommendation. 

This is good approach in your situation!

New update in my timeline!

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by USPS Priority Mail:                            December 26th 2018

Packet received (USPS confirmed by email due to issues with tracking):    December 28th 2018

Embassy received J1Waiver NOC from home country:                                    January 21st 2019

Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                                  January 21st 2019

Embassy confirmed that documents received by DOS (tracking):                 January 23rd 2019

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     February 11th 2019

No Objection Statement received:                                                                        February 20th 2019

Sponsor view:                                                                                                          March 19th 2019

More updates to come as received ……..

J1_Visa_Holder_Waiver_ApplicatioSponsorView.jpg

4 hours ago, crazyHermit said:

Hi Guys,

Finally, DoS made a favorable recommendation for my case.

Now, I have to find another passtime that does not involve checking the J1 waiver website every 2 hours.

I hope you get approvals faster then me!

J1website_22March2019.png

Congratulations!!! Wish you all the best for the next steps!

This is looks fast! Thanks for sharing and it seems that many people are still getting waiver recommendations within 6-8 weeks time. Looks good.

I am more looking towards Govt funding (non-full bright) No Objection cases timeline now. But thanks for sharing it again! We appreciate it.

4 hours ago, crazyHermit said:

Hi Guys,

Finally, DoS made a favorable recommendation for my case.

Now, I have to find another passtime that does not involve checking the J1 waiver website every 2 hours.

I hope you get approvals faster then me!

J1website_22March2019.png

By the way there was no need to check status after every 2 hours, DOS has a timed updating process, i.e. asite is updated around 2am EST. So it is updated once mid night and better to check in the morning instead :)

But your choice, if one feels better in this way! :)

Hi Folks, 

DoS sent my favorable recommendation letter on February 20th and I got the receipt from the USCIS a few days after that, but I did not get the final approval yet. I am so worried.

Also, my case status says "name was updated." It has been like that since February 22nd and nothing changed since then. What does this mean?  

case status.PNG

On 3/20/2019 at 7:40 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

This is strange but not new. It has happened with some other applicants recently as well. No clue! but it looks to me that little more delay in application is expected.

@JWaiver_2019 thanks for your help so far. based on your experience do you think they will treat my application like they received on 15 March or the original date they received ie, 25th Feb. This is horrible because,  First I am here in J1 with my personal savings, They stamped my visa saying I got govt funding and now when I apply for advisory they even change the doc received date. I sent 3 emails to 212ewaiver, I understand they never reply to anyone.  and my potential employer may not wait for me long.. 

8 hours ago, Srinath Narayanan said:

@JWaiver_2019 thanks for your help so far. based on your experience do you think they will treat my application like they received on 15 March or the original date they received ie, 25th Feb. This is horrible because,  First I am here in J1 with my personal savings, They stamped my visa saying I got govt funding and now when I apply for advisory they even change the doc received date. I sent 3 emails to 212ewaiver, I understand they never reply to anyone.  and my potential employer may not wait for me long.. 

Hi Srinath, Don't worry, I have a good example for you. Can you please read MimPH history in this timeline. He has similar story of date change like yours but he has got his recommendation within 6 week time. So I will suggest not to worry and you are safe I believe. I think DOS is managing things in their own way and so far applicant's statuses have shown all recommendations are coming in time with no delays. So you should be able to receive your adv decision in a week or 2 hopefully.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:36 AM, Sam2019 said:

Hi Folks, 

DoS sent my favorable recommendation letter on February 20th and I got the receipt from the USCIS a few days after that, but I did not get the final approval yet. I am so worried.

Also, my case status says "name was updated." It has been like that since February 22nd and nothing changed since then. What does this mean?  

case status.PNG

May be there was a name mistake internally and they fixed error that changed status to 'Name Update'.

So this update shouldn't be of major concern. You are still within USCIS set processing timeline and hope you get your decision letter soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.