JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, eliottreid said:

It is just the fact that they wrote "with DOS favorable recommendation" which I don't have that's why I'm worried. 

Congrats!!! DOS made the error By not giving you a favourable recommendation. USCIS is the final piece of the puzzle, and it states wavier granted. Let's celebrate 🎊🎉

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
6 hours ago, mrodriguez said:

Thanks eveyone for sharing your experiences in the process. This forum is helping a lot. I realize I am not alone.

My timeline for J1 no objection waiver is:

- No objection letter petition to my Embassy (Spain): June 15

- No objection letter sent from my Embassy to DOS: July 17

- DOS favorable recommendation: July 30

- Receipt number in my mail: August 7

- USCIS "case received at another USCIS office" since August 8.

No news from USCIS since then.

Still waiting with pills for anxiety. This is an agony!!!

This journey is taking soooo long!!

I am a teacher and a school is waiting for me, I don't know for how long they can be holding the position.

I really hope the waiver is about to come. Crossing my fingers and checking status everyday.

Thank you for your comments and for sharing.

What if your program sends a letter for expedite? claiming financial loss?

I'm in the same..I actually had a lawyer filed an expedite but still same status "case received at another USCIS office"..I believed she filed on Thursday afternoon... saw in others blogs that accepting expedite may take more or less 3 days, so crossing my fingers! 

My program started in June, so am as exasperated as you..

Best of luck! 

For the others who got approval Congrats!! 

4 hours ago, eliottreid said:

It is just the fact that they wrote "with DOS favorable recommendation" which I don't have that's why I'm worried. 

Congratulations! I don’t think the case would have gone to USCIS if it was unfavorable. Maybe someone in senator’s office misheard. DoS only files i-612 when it is favorable. 

7 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

Congratulations! I don’t think the case would have gone to USCIS if it was unfavorable. Maybe someone in senator’s office misheard. DoS only files i-612 when it is favorable. 

I was sent a letter by the DOS that they recommend my case to be DENIED in big bold. I'm calling them as soon as they open.

2 hours ago, eliottreid said:

So I called them and the lady escalated my call and the other lady after a 40min wait said “we approved it based on the I612 sent by the DOS and if there’s a prolem contact DOS” smhhhhh

Yeah, It is weird that DoS sent i612 for you after unfavorable recommendation. Something amiss here. 

10 minutes ago, Tulip987 said:

Oh! My bad. It was my assumption that they only file i612 when it is favorable. 

Tulip, instead of rolling out the drums, you are still looking for fault. That should not be your concern  once the document you have in hand came from USCIS. Whatever happens thereafter is their problem. 

Edited by Abayomi

If I were to write to my senator or congressman to expedite the DOS recommendation, did you guys put your case number? What other information did you include?

It's been like three weeks and still nothing is even updated (that they received any of my documents) when I check my case status for the NOS waiver. Ridiculous. They cashed our check right away when they got our package. 

On 8/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, Laura_TW said:

Waiting for my case number from USCIS

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent August, 23 2019
No Objection Statement Received August, 05 2019
Fee Received June, 11 2019
Form DS-3035 Received June, 11 2019
Form DS-2019 Received June, 11 2019
Passport Data Page Received June, 11 2019
Statement Of Reason Received June, 11 2019

Received case number in mail on September 6th. 

USCIS actually sent it to my old address instead of mailing address.

Good thing is I have USPS forward mail service requested before I moved to my new place. 

USPS forwarded the mail to my new place. 

On the notice, the received date is "8/27/2019" and notice date "8/29/2019". 

and my case status is "Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office"

Have not received a copy of Favorable Recommendation from DOS.....

Edited by Laura_TW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.