Recommendation Sent August, 29 2019
No Objection Statement Received August, 26 2019
Fee Received August, 22 2019
Form DS-3035 Received August, 22 2019
Form DS-2019 Received August, 22 2019
Passport Data Page Received August, 22 2019
Statement Of Reason Received August, 22 2019
Other Received August, 22 2019

My application arrived at the DOS office on Aug 3. I received the USCIS receipt yesterday. The status has been changed to "approved" today.

I hope everyone's case can get approved soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
34 minutes ago, ThornyRoad said:

Thank you everyone for sharing your timeline. Here is mine:

My application arrived at the DOS office on Aug 3. I received the USCIS receipt yesterday. The status has been changed to "approved" today.

Wow that was fast!!! Congrats

9 hours ago, ThornyRoad said:

when was your case arrived at uscis?

19 hours ago, ThornyRoad said:

Congratulations! This is the fastest timeline I’ve seen. 

I am just sharing this in case someone might find themselves in the same situation.

• My company's lawyer was not able to get ready all the paperwork on time (the labor certification takes 7 business days) for the H1B and file before my 30 days grace period after my J1 visa expired. Apparently I have to go back home and wait for the petition go through. (My 30th day of the grace period is this Saturday)

• My company are applying for the H1B petition to USCIS using only the DOS favorable recommendation and this fine, the lawyer was very comfortable with the issue that I still dont have a final USCIS waiver. If you apply for H1B petition (with premium processing) with the DOS recommendation you dont need to place an expedited request for the waiver at USCIS. Both final J1 waiver and H1B petition will be decided concurrently, meaning at the same time. This way your J1 waiver automatically will be expedited by your H1B premium processing.

Hope this helps someone. 

Best of luck everyone.

1 hour ago, Lena Star said:

I am just sharing this in case someone might find themselves in the same situation.

• My company's lawyer was not able to get ready all the paperwork on time (the labor certification takes 7 business days) for the H1B and file before my 30 days grace period after my J1 visa expired. Apparently I have to go back home and wait for the petition go through. (My 30th day of the grace period is this Saturday)

• My company are applying for the H1B petition to USCIS using only the DOS favorable recommendation and this fine, the lawyer was very comfortable with the issue that I still dont have a final USCIS waiver. If you apply for H1B petition (with premium processing) with the DOS recommendation you dont need to place an expedited request for the waiver at USCIS. Both final J1 waiver and H1B petition will be decided concurrently, meaning at the same time. This way your J1 waiver automatically will be expedited by your H1B premium processing.

Hope this helps someone. 

Best of luck everyone.

Thanks for sharing this information with me. May I ask, is the company's H1B a cap-exempt? I have an offer from an University, with the lawyer requesting J1 wavier final approval to start preapring  H paperwork.

The one "https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do" has updated slowly

myUSCIS case status ( https://myaccount.uscis.gov/) shows:

August 29, 2019 Case Accepted By The USCIS Lockbox

August 29, 2019 Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office  (<<< that is still the current status showed on the https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do"

September 5, 2019 Case Was Approved

Waiting mail from USCIS! 

Hope this information help. Good luck everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Laura_TW said:

August 29, 2019 Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office  (<<< that is still the current status showed on the https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do"

Waiting mail from USCIS! 

congrats

14 hours ago, 3rort said:

Thanks for sharing this information with me. May I ask, is the company's H1B a cap-exempt? I have an offer from an University, with the lawyer requesting J1 wavier final approval to start preapring  H paperwork.

Yes its cap exempt since its affiliated with a university. They are filing next week even though I dont have final USCIS waiver.

Hey guys,

I will like to ask a questions not completely related to J1 waiver.

When adjusting status from J1 visa and you want to apply for EAD, how do you answer question 27 as a J1 visa holder with approved or pending I 140 and as a J2 spuse of the principal applicant. This question is about eligibility category.

If there is another group please direct me to the group.

Thanks.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, laianjeiraab said:

Good morning guys,

Finally, I had a favorable recommendation!!!!! It seems that my recommendation was sent on August 26th, however I still didn't receive anything.

I just would like to know, if anyone here knows how long it takes to get my documents in my mail.

Thank you,

Angelo

Picture1.jpg

congrats.

i just got sponsor request as well.  I wonder the DOS commonly email the request to sponsor? or they may use fax? 

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Updating my case hopefully helps anyone

Sent all my paperwork on June 14 (DS3035 and embassy paperwork for NOC)

my embassy filed the NOC on 19 of June

The check was cashed on June 22  

it took exactly one month to appear in DOS

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

After calling every day to USCIS for a month, sending emails to lockbox, DOS, to Vermont center and also contacting a local congressman...having 3 inquiries... 

Finally was DOS 212e email who talked to USCIS and gave my receipt number yesterday...

Checking my receipt: Case was received at another USCIS office on Aug 30, 2019.

Apparently some of others had the same issue...

Sept 6 - Received in my mailing address the i-797c

and today Sept 12-Received the final i-797

The website hasn't been updated yet!!

Wishing everyone good luck!! this Blog saved me tons of times and keep your hopes up!! (I'm still shaking from the months of anxiety!)

Timeline

Hi all!

Great info on this topic, I'm sure it has helped a lot of people. I'm just starting the process. I'm from and currently living in Brazil (São Paulo). My J-1 program had no government funding (US or Brazil), so my case should be straightforward. My timeline is simple for now:

- Sep 12, 2019: Submitted online application (here; application starts here)

I'm about to send the letter to US DoS but I got stuck with one of the requirements: two self-addressed stamped envelopes. I'm in Brazil so obviously I don't have access to US stamps. For those who have experience with the process, is there any UPS/FedEx/... product/service that addresses this requirement?

Thanks!

-- Nelson

4 hours ago, nelsonspbr said:

Hi all!

Great info on this topic, I'm sure it has helped a lot of people. I'm just starting the process. I'm from and currently living in Brazil (São Paulo). My J-1 program had no government funding (US or Brazil), so my case should be straightforward. My timeline is simple for now:

- Sep 12, 2019: Submitted online application (here; application starts here)

I'm about to send the letter to US DoS but I got stuck with one of the requirements: two self-addressed stamped envelopes. I'm in Brazil so obviously I don't have access to US stamps. For those who have experience with the process, is there any UPS/FedEx/... product/service that addresses this requirement?

Thanks!

-- Nelson

You can create USPS priority mail shipping label online, print it and stick it on envelopes. Or you can use UPS/FedEx and create return shipping labels for two envelopes. 

22 hours ago, Laura_TW said:

Waiting mail from USCIS! 

This was helpful indeed. My case status on USCIS site is accepted by lockbox on Sept 4 and I found out now that on dhs website it had changed to case received at another usps office the same day: 

Edited by Tulip987

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.