JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tulip987 said:

You can create USPS priority mail shipping label online, print it and stick it on envelopes. Or you can use UPS/FedEx and create return shipping labels for two envelopes. 

Thanks @Tulip987. Another quick question, do you know if we can use personal checks to pay the fee? The instructions here do not require a cashier's check, and I luckily I have brought my checkbook with me.

36 minutes ago, nelsonspbr said:

Thanks @Tulip987. Another quick question, do you know if we can use personal checks to pay the fee? The instructions here do not require a cashier's check, and I luckily I have brought my checkbook with me.

Read instructions in application package you created online. I think it requires cashiers check or money order. 

4 hours ago, nelsonspbr said:

I've used a personal check and they had no problem cashing it in no time!

12 hours ago, mibarillas said:

Updating my case hopefully helps anyone

Sent all my paperwork on June 14 (DS3035 and embassy paperwork for NOC)

my embassy filed the NOC on 19 of June

The check was cashed on June 22  

it took exactly one month to appear in DOS

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

After calling every day to USCIS for a month, sending emails to lockbox, DOS, to Vermont center and also contacting a local congressman...having 3 inquiries... 

Finally was DOS 212e email who talked to USCIS and gave my receipt number yesterday...

Checking my receipt: Case was received at another USCIS office on Aug 30, 2019.

Apparently some of others had the same issue...

Sept 6 - Received in my mailing address the i-797c

and today Sept 12-Received the final i-797

The website hasn't been updated yet!!

Wishing everyone good luck!! this Blog saved me tons of times and keep your hopes up!! (I'm still shaking from the months of anxiety!)

Wow!!

Congratulations!!

Well deserved!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, mibarillas said:

Updating my case hopefully helps anyone

Sent all my paperwork on June 14 (DS3035 and embassy paperwork for NOC)

my embassy filed the NOC on 19 of June

The check was cashed on June 22  

it took exactly one month to appear in DOS

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

After calling every day to USCIS for a month, sending emails to lockbox, DOS, to Vermont center and also contacting a local congressman...having 3 inquiries... 

Finally was DOS 212e email who talked to USCIS and gave my receipt number yesterday...

Checking my receipt: Case was received at another USCIS office on Aug 30, 2019.

Apparently some of others had the same issue...

Sept 6 - Received in my mailing address the i-797c

and today Sept 12-Received the final i-797

The website hasn't been updated yet!!

Wishing everyone good luck!! this Blog saved me tons of times and keep your hopes up!! (I'm still shaking from the months of anxiety!)

Congrats!!! All the best. I am still waiting on USCIS for the receipt number.

Hey everyone I can see online at my USPS informed delivery that I am supposed to get another letter from USCIS today. I received last week my "receipt notice" so I wonder what this might be? 

I checked online at USCIS it still says "received at USCIS lockbox", I am just anxious what this second letter might be, does USCIS usually ask for more evidence for j1 waivers, or could they have decided already but not update it online?

I would appreciate if anyone who had any similar experience could share it.

Thanks a lot, this forum is one of the most useful one that you could find online!

40 minutes ago, Lena Star said:

Hey everyone I can see online at my USPS informed delivery that I am supposed to get another letter from USCIS today. I received last week my "receipt notice" so I wonder what this might be? 

I checked online at USCIS it still says "received at USCIS lockbox", I am just anxious what this second letter might be, does USCIS usually ask for more evidence for j1 waivers, or could they have decided already but not update it online?

Thanks a lot, this forum is one of the most useful one that you could find online!

i saw cases when people receive approval in their mail but the web status never updates. When did uscis receive your case?

58 minutes ago, Lena Star said:

I received my receipt notice and my approval notice at the same time lol. 

24 minutes ago, Mrkz said:

i saw cases when people receive approval in their mail but the web status never updates. When did uscis receive your case?

USCIS received it on Sept. 4., I got the receipt notice this Monday.

6 minutes ago, eliottreid said:

I received my receipt notice and my approval notice at the same time lol. 

Were you able to figure out what was the DOS/USCIS discrepancy?

Thanks a lot guys..

I just hope its an approval notice and not some other surprise, I am scheduled to leave tomorrow back home to wait for the H1B petition and I am leaving a full apartment with my stuff here.

I wonder how often USCIS goes against DOS recommendations or if it does...

Just now, Lena Star said:

Thanks a lot guys..

I just hope its an approval notice and not some other surprise, I am scheduled to leave tomorrow back home to wait for the H1B petition and I am leaving a full apartment with my stuff here.

No, still waiting for their email. My case status still says case approved. I'm so tired :( 

40 minutes ago, Lena Star said:

Thanks a lot guys..

same, my case was received on 4th of september, but my lawyer hasnt received anything from uscis. the status on dhs site says it was received at another office but uscis web site says it is accepted by lockbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.