Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My CAEC tracker finally updated today.  I sent in P3 immediately rather than waiting a day, and about 2.5 hours later received my P4.

Interview May 15, 07:30am! YAY!!

READY at Consulate on March 8th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

My CAEC tracker finally updated today.  I sent in P3 immediately rather than waiting a day, and about 2.5 hours later received my P4.

Interview May 15, 07:30am! YAY!!

READY at Consulate on March 8th.

Congratulations! 

Do you know what other interview dates were open? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ionoone said:

Do you know what other interview dates were open? 

I know May 15th was the first available date and there were several options for time of day.  I think all of the Wednesdays in May after that were still available as well.

Timeline

If your case was sent to Montreal, but they have not "logged it" do you get a notification when they log it on ceac nvc case status website? I have already filled out my DS-160. I am just wondering because I would like to "push it forward" by mailing my P3 ahead of time? By the way is P3 sent by mail only, or can you send it by e-mail? And it only consist of DS 160 and fee's?

Timeline
1 hour ago, PurelyRavage said:

Officially got my p3 in the mail finally lol. For real this time!! 

My case was sent to Montreal March 5

Montreal received it March 8

Received P3 March 22

YAYYY!

Did your CEAC date change? Or did it just come in the mail without date change?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OkFine2019! said:

YAYYY!

Did your CEAC date change? Or did it just come in the mail without date change?

My date changed on the 14th. Nothing since! Just came in mail today.

Timeline
1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

If your case was sent to Montreal, but they have not "logged it" do you get a notification when they log it on ceac nvc case status website? I have already filled out my DS-160. I am just wondering because I would like to "push it forward" by mailing my P3 ahead of time? By the way is P3 sent by mail only, or can you send it by e-mail? And it only consist of DS 160 and fee's?

I would wait to submit your packet 3, I waited until the CEAC updated to READY and the file updated twice before submitting the packet 3 contents through email. (You do not need to mail it in) If the embassy has not recieved/logged your file yet, they will just reject the DS-160 and your packet 3 and you will have to do it again. The fees are not paid in packet 3, that is done in Packet 4 when you schedule the interview. 
https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mila062019 said:

I would wait to submit your packet 3, I waited until the CEAC updated to READY and the file updated twice before submitting the packet 3 contents through email. (You do not need to mail it in) If the embassy has not recieved/logged your file yet, they will just reject the DS-160 and your packet 3 and you will have to do it again. The fees are not paid in packet 3, that is done in Packet 4 when you schedule the interview. 
https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

Ah gotcha, thanks 😃 Yeah I saved my DS-160 just incase it got deleted for whatever reason. Guess I have to wait for them to log it into the computer first.

Timeline

Looks like my March 19 shipment from the NVC arrived at the Consulate!!! Checked DHL right now!

How long does it usually take for CEAC to change. My currently says "IN TRANIST" still.... I'm trying to be patient but the waiting is killing me lol

Happy Monday 🌸   

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
23 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

Looks like my March 19 shipment from the NVC arrived at the Consulate!!! Checked DHL right now!

How long does it usually take for CEAC to change. My currently says "IN TRANIST" still.... I'm trying to be patient but the waiting is killing me lol

Happy Monday 🌸   

Our file is also in transit.  I just checked CEAC and status hadn’t changed.  Did you already complete and save the DS-160 so it’s ready to go when you get P3?   I was going to do it today so it’s ready to go.  Also, have you had medical yet?  I scheduled for May 6 thinking the timing would be fine considering interview probably won’t be until June now.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

Our file is also in transit.  I just checked CEAC and status hadn’t changed.  Did you already complete and save the DS-160 so it’s ready to go when you get P3?   I was going to do it today so it’s ready to go.  Also, have you had medical yet?  I scheduled for May 6 thinking the timing would be fine considering interview probably won’t be until June now.  

Hiya!

Yes I have done the DS-160 and saved it so it's all ready to go! I have not had my medical yet, but I'm thinking I should call and schedule it! Let's hope our CEAC status changes soon!!!!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
4 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

Happy Monday 🌸   

haha, I just checked your profile sweethrt looks like our petition's were shipped together, mine left on the 19th and ended up at Montreal consulate on the 21st; still "in transit" now >_< as for medical i am just going to book that once I can see the interview date as I will have to go to another city to get it done, nothing in Ottawa heh. Probably going to drive to Montreal, get it done, drive back to Ottawa. Ahh so lame everything is done in only one part of the country.

Oh yeah, about DS-160 I already filled it out and submitted it last Friday. I know I wasn't suppose to and it'll probably be rejected because they didn't log my case into the consulate yet but oh well. I have the copy saved so I can just re-submit it.

Edited by purem4g1c

Timeline
1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

haha, I just checked your profile sweethrt looks like our petition's were shipped together, mine left on the 19th and ended up at Montreal consulate on the 21st; still "in transit" now >_< as for medical i am just going to book that once I can see the interview date as I will have to go to another city to get it done, nothing in Ottawa heh. Probably going to drive to Montreal, get it done, drive back to Ottawa. Ahh so lame everything is done in only one part of the country.

Oh yeah, about DS-160 I already filled it out and submitted it last Friday. I know I wasn't suppose to and it'll probably be rejected because they didn't log my case into the consulate yet but oh well. I have the copy saved so I can just re-submit it.

Yeah the whole "one part of the country" thing is a killer. Montreal is a 6 hour drive for me ughhh lol But we are so close!!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Lori Johnson

Where are you getting your medical done? I thought technically you can't schedule medical until you schedule interview first? 

I couldn't book my medical in Montreal until after my interview was scheduled (they asked for my interview date when I called to make the appointment). 

@purem4g1c

I'm from Gatineau (across the bridge from Ottawa!) And I had my medical done in Montreal 🙂 closest one for us! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

I was asked to bring my interview letter and for my interview date for my medical that's in 2 weeks.  How did you manage to schedule without an interview booking? Which physician are you going to?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.