Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

Our dates should update at any time.  The shipment before us one person got their P3 on the 2 week Tuesday and was able to book their interview the Friday two weeks after consulate received (for us that would be tomorrow).  The rest booked appointments early the following week. I think we're in the any second our dates could update phase.  Expect P3 in the mail early/mid next week?  

Are you going to send P3 when the date changes, or wait for the mail?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, OkFine2019! said:

Are you going to send P3 when the date changes, or wait for the mail?

I think I'm going to send it the day after the date changes and hope it works.  You?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

I think I'm going to send it the day after the date changes and hope it works.  You?

Definitely going to try, I think!

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, Lana&Ivy said:

Congratulations! Your CEAC status should change to “ready” when they receive it. Also, you can use the DHL hack to see when it physically arrives there. Instructions are in Greenbaum’s first post in the NOA2–>NVC thread. I think just 2 Canadian VJ petitions went out yesterday and yours was one of them!

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am just getting up to speed on all of this. I received NOA 2 at the end of Jan 2019, and this week received confirmation from the NVC that my case was sent to the US consulate in MTL. I am working through DS-160 now. I assume that you cannot check the CAEC status until you have submitted DS-160, correct? 

Thanks! 

-AK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, alniki said:

I assume that you cannot check the CAEC status until you have submitted DS-160, correct? 

You can.  You need your case number from the NVC.  The number starts with "MTL".  Once you have that number you can check your status on CEAC.  Select the "immigrant visa" option!  Good luck!

10 minutes ago, alniki said:

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am just getting up to speed on all of this. I received NOA 2 at the end of Jan 2019, and this week received confirmation from the NVC that my case was sent to the US consulate in MTL. I am working through DS-160 now. I assume that you cannot check the CAEC status until you have submitted DS-160, correct? 

Thanks! 

-AK

By "confirmation" do you mean you got the notice from NVC in the mail saying it was shipped to Montreal? If so, your MTL # will be on that. :) 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

You can.  You need your case number from the NVC.  The number starts with "MTL".  Once you have that number you can check your status on CEAC.  Select the "immigrant visa" option!  Good luck!

Oh great - thanks for the quick response! This raises a couple other questions though. 

1) We are still supposed to use the non-immigrant DS-160 form correct? Even though it is technically an immigrant visa. 

2) When I looked up my CEAC case status using the immigrant visa option, it says "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." I do not have any info from the NVC regarding my interview date? Where would I find this info? haha. so confused right now. I was only notified on Tuesday May 19th that my case was sent from the NVC to MTL Consulate. 

3 minutes ago, alniki said:

Oh great - thanks for the quick response! This raises a couple other questions though. 

1) We are still supposed to use the non-immigrant DS-160 form correct? Even though it is technically an immigrant visa. 

2) When I looked up my CEAC case status using the immigrant visa option, it says "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." I do not have any info from the NVC regarding my interview date? Where would I find this info? haha. so confused right now. I was only notified on Tuesday May 19th that my case was sent from the NVC to MTL Consulate. 

Yes you fill out the DS-160, and ignore that info on CEAC that's canned for other visas. K1s always select their own interview date and you will do that once you get to the Packet 4 stage where you are officially invited to book your interview. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Yes you fill out the DS-160, and ignore that info on CEAC that's canned for other visas. K1s always select their own interview date and you will do that once you get to the Packet 4 stage where you are officially invited to book your interview. 

Thank you!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Looks like my package was delivered to Montreal consulate today, just got an update from DHL ^_^

Congrats! How did you track that through DHL? 

Timeline

Hello all,

I am compiling my items in preparation for receiving packet 3! Just wondering what everyone typically includes for 'evidence of relationship'? I have photos from all of our visits since submitting I-129F and corresponding boarding passes. Is that typical, or are you gathering significantly more info? And to confirm, this is just proof of our relationship from roughly I-129F submission date to interview date right?

Thanks!

-AK

Timeline
47 minutes ago, alniki said:

Hello all,

I am compiling my items in preparation for receiving packet 3! Just wondering what everyone typically includes for 'evidence of relationship'? I have photos from all of our visits since submitting I-129F and corresponding boarding passes. Is that typical, or are you gathering significantly more info? And to confirm, this is just proof of our relationship from roughly I-129F submission date to interview date right?

Thanks!

-AK

For interview, complete copy of original I-129f petition along with ongoing evidence of relationship after the submission date. I make 15 - 20 more Walgreens photos with names, locations and dates on back showing ongoing relationship. Also, I include bank statements showing transactions together in the same areas, itineraries, scanned boarding passes, bank statements showing purchased airline tickets, another signed statement of intent to marry from both beneficiary and petitioner with wet signature, a letter affirming to affidavit of support and that you still have the intention of supporting and going through with the relationship, copy of recent passport stamps, etc. 

Is this overboard? Probably. But you know... this is a pretty serious commitment to a person. If your initial packet was extremely strong, then they may not ask for much or even spend more than 5 minutes at the interview.

Timeline

Officially got my p3 in the mail finally lol. For real this time!! 

My case was sent to Montreal March 5

Montreal received it March 8

Received P3 March 22

Edited by PurelyRavage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.