dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, JEET_S said:

I actually thinks its random now. I see people who submitted on feb 9 and getting replies within a week while some people are waiting 2 weeks and longer. doesn't  make sense on how NVC is operating now.

so true! and also it seems random what they're accepting and rejecting haha I've seen people submit totally different things without RFE and then people with the same files and one gets RFE and one doesn't! 

Filed: Timeline

For this question ""lHave you filed a Federal income tax return for each of the most recent 3 years?" In i864 form.

Do I say No if I haven't filed for 2018? And questions for Most recent, 2nd most recent, 3rd most recent tax year, I'll just put 2017, 2016 and 2015?

Thank you all for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Make sure if you are submitting Payments you use a desktop and Internet explorer per NVC IT, if not you can get a major delay with your payments being processed. 

Timeline
Just now, vclva said:

For this question ""lHave you filed a Federal income tax return for each of the most recent 3 years?" In i864 form.

Do I say No if I haven't filed for 2018? And questions for Most recent, 2nd most recent, 3rd most recent tax year, I'll just put 2017, 2016 and 2015?

Thank you all for your help!

You answer yes. 2017,2016,2015 before April 15th. 

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Make sure if you are submitting Payments you use a desktop and Internet explorer per NVC IT, if not you can get a major delay with your payments being processed. 

Oh noooo :(. I just did 2 days ago and used my phone.. Payment just went through my bank. NVC shows "In Process".

Timeline
20 minutes ago, vclva said:

Oh noooo :(. I just did 2 days ago and used my phone.. Payment just went through my bank. NVC shows "In Process".

I was told by a VJ member that NVC IT told her today that this is what is causing people’s payments to get stuck in In Process. I just hope this doesn’t happen to you, it has been a real headache for people to get out of this pending status. I guess their system is not compatible with Safari and other operating systems. They take the money, but then the site does not show paid. Please email them if you see your payment status does not change by next week. 

Edited by SM&RM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

I was told by a VJ member that NVC IT told her today that this is what is causing people’s payments to get stuck in In Process. I just hope this doesn’t happen to you, it has been a real headache for people to get out of this pending status. I guess their system is not compatible with Safari and other operating systems. They take the money, but then the site does not show paid. 

I used internet explorer and still was stuck 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

I used internet explorer and still was stuck 

Dag sorry, that’s what they told my friend today. That you have to use a desktop and internet explorer. She sent an email to that email you gave and that’s what she was told. I wouldn’t make weekend payments either because they do a lot of system updates on the weekends. I get alerts on my phone when they do updates. 

Edited by SM&RM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Dag sorry, that’s what they told my friend today. That you have to use a desktop and internet explorer. She sent an email to that email you gave and that’s what she was told. I wouldn’t make weekend payments either because they do a lot of system updates on the weekends. I get alerts on my phone when they do updates. 

And they need to fix that..it doesn't take that long.....i got on them i refused to wait 8 weeks for a case number than more to fix a portal..my time is too valuable 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

You answer yes. 2017,2016,2015 before April 15th. 

Oh gee, i answered no! because i assumed three of the most recent years will be 2018,2017 and 2016. Since we did not submit W2's and tax transcripts for 2018 I assumed the right answer will be no. Do you think this might cause a problem?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, DamilolaA said:

Oh gee, i answered no! because i assumed three of the most recent years will be 2018,2017 and 2016. Since we did not submit W2's and tax transcripts for 2018 I assumed the right answer will be no. Do you think this might cause a problem?

It won’t be a problem. It was only optional to provide all 3 anyway. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

And they need to fix that..it doesn't take that long.....i got on them i refused to wait 8 weeks for a case number than more to fix a portal..my time is too valuable 

Believe me I know what you mean, it’s ridiculous.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, vclva said:

Dont worry. I used Google chrome and my phone and my payment went through just fine. Agents never never give the full truth behind a technical difficulty.  Just saying 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.