dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

no maam still saying in process after my payments

I’m sorry to hear that. You will be able to complete everything this week. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

I’m sorry to hear that. You will be able to complete everything this week. 

They said if it doesnt change by Wednesday they will get a supervisor involved

On 2/2/2019 at 11:28 AM, Arcangel said:

Anyone have any idea how long the approval  takes after you submit your documents to NVC?( assuming no errors /RFE etc)

My guess is 2 weeks? Anyone have any experience with that or saw someone post anything lately ?

i submitted on Thur 31 Jan 

Anyone wondering. I just got off the phone with NVC, It takes 3 weeks max for document review. The agent stated that "they have to review them within 3 weeks." You can also check the status of individual documents as they are being reviewed on CEAC. I hope this helps.

Arcangel, I submitted on 23rd of Jan. I will update you when I get responses. hopefully that can give you some idea about timeframe. I can't believe that this is almost over. NVC lost my files for 9 months. It was a nightmare to get USCIS to recreate the petition and resend it. So I am glad :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

They said if it doesnt change by Wednesday they will get a supervisor involved

I finally managed to chat with someone at NVC, and they informed me even though their site says 2-3 business days it can take up to 8 to clear.. he did tell me that mine should move to paid tomorrow, which would be 5 business days + the day I paid on. Good luck!! 

When uploading the tax transcripts, should it be uploaded separately from the w2? Also should the w2 for 2015,2016,2017 all be in a different file or in one? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AMCEH said:

When uploading the tax transcripts, should it be uploaded separately from the w2? Also should the w2 for 2015,2016,2017 all be in a different file or in one? 

The W2 should be in additional documents separate from Transcripts. Each W2 should be scanned separate. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

After two weeks and four days they finally looked at our documents. They rejected my husband's 2018 tax return. They accepted his 2017 and 2016 returns and all the W2s but for some reason have said we need the 2018 tax transcript and the return isn't good enough. So disappointing I don't understand why it would get rejected, we couldn't get the actual transcripts at the time because of the govt shutdown when we first submitted but if you can get transcripts I guess you should!

Did you get to talk to NVC

1 minute ago, SM&RM said:

Did you get to talk to NVC

Yes I finally got through to them while at work. They told me that we need to submit the 2017 tax transcript and nothing else, so delete all the 2018 and 2016 related tax returns / W2s and get the transcript just for 2017. Seems weird that you're supposedly allowed to have tax returns + W2 then this happens. They didn't explain why exactly. So the waiting continues...

Timeline
4 hours ago, kateree11 said:

ITS SO STRANGE I saw someone got a RFE because they didn’t submit 2018 transcript, many people haven’t even filed 2018 taxes , i tought 2017 would’ve been fine and 2018 wasn’t mandatory

SMH.....NVC does not make it clear what they want. Maybe they submitted 2018 W2’s with no tax return. A tax transcript will not be available until the end of June for me. I had to mail my taxes in this year, and I owe...🤦🏽‍♀️😢😢😢

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/transcript-availability

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

Yes I finally got through to them while at work. They told me that we need to submit the 2017 tax transcript and nothing else, so delete all the 2018 and 2016 related tax returns / W2s and get the transcript just for 2017. Seems weird that you're supposedly allowed to have tax returns + W2 then this happens. They didn't explain why exactly. So the waiting continues...

I’m sorry to hear that. I guess NVC ask for different documents from different people based on their financial situation. Does NVC still provide a checklist of what documents they are requesting if you do CEAC? Thank you for the update. Are you able to delete the other tax years? Seems like they only want 2017 taxes and not the prior years as long as 2017 income is high enough, so frustrating. Do you know if your husband checked that he would provide the last 3 years of tax returns on the Affidavit of Support? I didn’t think you could get RFE for providing more income evidence....SMH

Hi all, does anyone know what dates are being reviewed now by NVC? Last week I see people getting CC for those who submitted from the week of Jan 14 to 18. I wonder what dates approximately now are being reviewed. I have re-submitted mine Jan 22.

1 minute ago, SM&RM said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I guess NVC ask for different documents from different people based on their financial situation. Does NVC still provide a checklist of what documents they are requesting if you do CEAC? Thank you for the update. Are you able to delete the other tax years? Seems like they only want 2017 taxes and not the prior years as long as 2017 income is high enough, so frustrating. Do you know if your husband checked that he would provide the last 3 years of tax returns on the Affidavit of Support? I didn’t think you could get RFE for providing more income evidence....SMH

Yes he did check all three years. Seems so bizarre I can't make sense of it. I also figured it looked better for us to use the 2018 tax returns because for most of 2017 he was here in Australia with me so his 2017 income is very low. We have his letter of employment and pay slips from his current job in the US which have been approved but I'm nervous they'll reject the 2017 transcript because the income isn't high enough. The extra frustrating thing is that we would have definitely done the transcripts instead if it the government hadn't of been shutdown. Guess it's just bad timing for us.

12 minutes ago, Keila_27 said:

Hi all, does anyone know what dates are being reviewed now by NVC? Last week I see people getting CC for those who submitted from the week of Jan 14 to 18. I wonder what dates approximately now are being reviewed. I have re-submitted mine Jan 22.

I got RFE today and submitted on Jan 18th, so you should probably hear by the end of week I'd say

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.