54 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, eckoin said:

If you did it in June 2017, you need a new one. 

After November 2018, I-693 is valid for two years as long as you completed it 60 days or less before submitting the AOS forms. Basically, a person can't do the medical on February 1 and submit their AOS on April 30 with that medical, it won't be valid for two years. You could do it at most 60 days before submitting, or anytime after. 

This unfortunately doesn't apply to you because it was done in 2017. Get a new one now. 

My interview was scheduled 1.5 months out from when I got the online update, and I got the letter in the mail 2 weeks after it was scheduled. I called USCIS to ask, and they said that when the interview is scheduled more than a month in advance, they usually send the notice out later, not right away. Not sure if true, but I got the mail notice right about one month before the interview date so it seems to check out. 

This is from the USCIS website:

4. K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

This has nothing to do with the I-693, since that's only for people who have their medical in the USA. Do officers try to RFE people for the fact that their medical is expired at the time of the interview? Absolutely! Why? Because most officers don't have the proper knowledge. They get a checklist to follow, that's all. There are stories on here from people who got told to redo the medical, showed a print of this page and got approved without new medical, simply because they officially don't require it. Is there a chance you get an RFE anyway? Yes, but that chance is always there since the officer is the one to approve, deny or RFE you if they feel you didn't provide enough evidence or the right documents.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

I don’t want to be RFE’ed only to delay the decision of my AOS. That delay takes months I heard. I see that some IO ask for it and some don’t. 

That must be a very unusual case. Most people get a decision 1-3 weeks after USCIS receives the requested documents. Check my previous comment about what the USCIS website states. But in the end you should do whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, C90 said:

This is from the USCIS website:

4. K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

This has nothing to do with the I-693, since that's only for people who have their medical in the USA. Do officers try to RFE people for the fact that their medical is expired at the time of the interview? Absolutely! Why? Because most officers don't have the proper knowledge. They get a checklist to follow, that's all. There are stories on here from people who got told to redo the medical, showed a print of this page and got approved without new medical, simply because they officially don't require it. Is there a chance you get an RFE anyway? Yes, but that chance is always there since the officer is the one to approve, deny or RFE you if they feel you didn't provide enough evidence or the right documents.

I am adjusting from B1 and 245i grandfathered.

Timeline

I don’t have to go to the same doctor that did my initial I-693 right? 

Also, what do I need to show the doctor that will re do my medical? Do I show the doctor my last copy of I-693 which my last doctor filled in? 

Do I also need to show the doctor all the vaccinations receipts that I did in USA as well as in the country I was born in? Flu shot receipt in USA? TB skin test was positive but chest x-day negative. Show the doctor TB chest x-ray negative as well? 

I know they do a blood test now so I assume it will come out positive again and I will have to re do my chest x-ray?

Any recommendations in Houston to get it done? I saw one for $110 which is the cheapest I found. I know that my health insurance won’t cover it right?

17 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Do I need to re-do my I-693 Medical examination? It was done in June 2017.

If your AOS NOA1 date was 2017-10-11, then yes because it was filed after 60 days; https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html:

A completed Form I-693 submitted to USCIS before November 1, 2018 retains its evidentiary value to support a finding that an applicant is not inadmissible based on health-related grounds if it meets any of the following scenarios:

• The civil surgeon signs Form I-693 more than 60 days before the applicant files the underlying benefit application with USCIS, but the applicant submits Form I-693 to USCIS no more than 1 year after the civil surgeon signed Form I-693; and USCIS issues a decision on the underlying benefit application no more than 1 year after the date the applicant submitted Form I-693 to USCIS.
  • The civil surgeon signs Form I-693 no more than 60 days before the applicant files the underlying benefit application with USCIS; and USCIS issues a decision on the underlying benefit application no more than 2 years after the date of the civil surgeon’s signature.
  • The civil surgeon signs Form I-693, and the applicant submits Form I-693, after the applicant files the benefit application with USCIS; and USCIS issues a decision on the underlying benefit application no more than 2 years after the date of the civil surgeon’s signature.

In all cases, a Form I-693 submitted to USCIS more than 1 year after the date of the civil surgeon’s signature is insufficient for evidentiary purposes as of the time of its submission to USCIS.

Edited by accumbyte

Timeline
11 minutes ago, accumbyte said:

If your AOS NOA1 date was 2017-10-11, then yes because it was filed after 60 days; https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html:

10/4/17 receipt date. 

10/11/17 notice date. 

My lawyer made a mistake of sending my AOS packet in July 2017 which was immediately denied and returned back to my lawywe. It was denied because according to Visa Bulletin then my PD became current in October 2017 VB, filing only chart.

My original PD is 6/9/11.

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

2/25/19 interview day. I got the same standard notice (what others get) on what to bring. I am assuming bring all originals with a photo copy of each document that I already submitted? Do I need my mother’s birth certificate? She was the petitioner and the I-130 is approved. 

My USC brother is the co-sponsor on I-864. Do I need any updated documents from him?

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

Sorry, don't know anything bout the visa's you're adjusting from. But in general it's recommended to bring your file and any extra documents that weren't included in the file and you may need + copies of them for if they want to keep it (then they can keep the copy and you get the original back)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received our interview notice as well for 2/25. I would say since you have a co-sponsor, it is best to have them retrieve updated bank statements, proof of income all that jazz to inform the IO that they are very well equipped for you (If they ask for it). I always think its best to bring more documents rather than not enough. :)

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Timeline
4 minutes ago, C90 said:

Sorry, don't know anything bout the visa's you're adjusting from. But in general it's recommended to bring your file and any extra documents that weren't included in the file and you may need + copies of them for if they want to keep it (then they can keep the copy and you get the original back)

B1 Visa to 245i Labor Certification grand fathered benefit to USC Mother petitioner approval to AOS/EAD.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

B1 Visa to 245i Labor Certification grand fathered benefit to USC Mother petitioner approval to AOS/EAD.

I understand the visas, but I have no knowledge of those visas or if there's other rules for AOS then via K1. I don't want to misinform you, there are probably people on here that have experience or are more common with this visa

Timeline
38 minutes ago, ceeq said:

I received our interview notice as well for 2/25. I would say since you have a co-sponsor, it is best to have them retrieve updated bank statements, proof of income all that jazz to inform the IO that they are very well equipped for you (If they ask for it). I always think its best to bring more documents rather than not enough. :)

2018 tax return as well?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.