Jump to content
winexis

I751 with waiver, 5 months after interview still no result

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello anyone here with the same situation? Filed for I751 ROC Aug 2016 with waiver. Got interviewed Aug 2018 with my lawyer. Interview was quick and the IO didnt ask much questions. Though he said he cannot make decision at this time. 

After 8weeks, i got a home visit from 2 immigration officers. Now more than 2 months after the home visit, i still did not receive any results. My lawyer followed up exactly 120 days after the interview as it says on the paper given that we can follow up after 120 days. And the answer was they cannot give me a completion at this time. 

Any insights on how long should I wait for the result? I have 3 stamps now, my lawyer said from the interview date it might take another year due to the backlog. I dont mind the wait im just wondering why they cannot give a yes or a no. ☹️ 

Please help. Thank you.


April 1, 2013 - Priority DateApril 3, 2013 - NBC receivedNovember - Transferred to Nebraska Service CenterDecember 21, 2013 - NOA2 Approved dancin5hr.gifJanuary 03, 2014 - NVC Received idea9dv.gifFebruary 07, 2014 - NVC input and got my Case Number and IINFebruary 13, 2014 - Paid AOSF after 1 week, rejectedFebruary 22, 2014 - Paid AOSF again after 3 days, accepted dancin5hr.gif<p>

March 04, 2014 - IVF Paid

March 07, 2014 - IVF ACCEPTED

March 11, 2014 - DS-260 Completed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, winexis said:

Hello anyone here with the same situation? Filed for I751 ROC Aug 2016 with waiver. Got interviewed Aug 2018 with my lawyer. Interview was quick and the IO didnt ask much questions. Though he said he cannot make decision at this time. 

After 8weeks, i got a home visit from 2 immigration officers. Now more than 2 months after the home visit, i still did not receive any results. My lawyer followed up exactly 120 days after the interview as it says on the paper given that we can follow up after 120 days. And the answer was they cannot give me a completion at this time. 

Any insights on how long should I wait for the result? I have 3 stamps now, my lawyer said from the interview date it might take another year due to the backlog. I dont mind the wait im just wondering why they cannot give a yes or a no. ☹️ 

Please help. Thank you.

Sorry to hear this. I don't have answers for you questions but I have a couple of mine if you don't mind. What was the last service center of your case before they invited you to the interview? And how long did it stay there? I also have a waiver. My case has been in NBC for almost 9 months after it was transferred there in May 2018. I just wonder how long it took for your case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 2:32 AM, winexis said:

After 8weeks, i got a home visit from 2 immigration officers. Now more than 2 months after the home visit, i still did not receive any results. My lawyer followed up exactly 120 days after the interview as it says on the paper given that we can follow up after 120 days. And the answer was they cannot give me a completion at this time. 

I've never heard of this.

Why would they go to your house?

What was the purpose of their visit if you don't mind asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, huggoboss82 said:

I've never heard of this.

Why would they go to your house?

What was the purpose of their visit if you don't mind asking?

Its called a home visit and USCIS can do it whenever they want in the process, however they only do it when they have suspicions of fraud or another reason to want to verify information- its not a standard part of the process. The OP says he has an attny and because there was a home visit Im assuming its not a straightforward waiver case and theres more to the story....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 3:32 AM, winexis said:

Hello anyone here with the same situation? Filed for I751 ROC Aug 2016 with waiver. Got interviewed Aug 2018 with my lawyer. Interview was quick and the IO didnt ask much questions. Though he said he cannot make decision at this time. 

After 8weeks, i got a home visit from 2 immigration officers. Now more than 2 months after the home visit, i still did not receive any results. My lawyer followed up exactly 120 days after the interview as it says on the paper given that we can follow up after 120 days. And the answer was they cannot give me a completion at this time. 

Any insights on how long should I wait for the result? I have 3 stamps now, my lawyer said from the interview date it might take another year due to the backlog. I dont mind the wait im just wondering why they cannot give a yes or a no. ☹️ 

Please help. Thank you.

It shouldn't take a year after the interview. you should hear an answer within 120 days from the interview otherwise you can sue them to force them to make a decision. The home visit doesn't make any sense, since you're divorced and applied for a waiver. Usually they make the house visit when you apply jointly to make sure the marriage is legit and you guys living together. I would call and make several service requests. Also, you an apply for N400 if you're eligible sometimes it forces them to adjudicate the 751. You also can push your congressman to get an answer. I don't think it's a straight-forward case. Mine wasn't at all. I applied in march 2015 and got my first response in January 2019 and it was an interview. I also got a house visit right after I applied before I switched to a waiver, they wanted to confirm that we live together. 


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 Feb 2016( Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed with the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, MohU3 said:

It shouldn't take a year after the interview. you should hear an answer within 120 days from the interview otherwise you can sue them to force them to make a decision. The home visit doesn't make any sense, since you're divorced and applied for a waiver. Usually they make the house visit when you apply jointly to make sure the marriage is legit and you guys living together. I would call and make several service requests. Also, you an apply for N400 if you're eligible sometimes it forces them to adjudicate the 751. You also can push your congressman to get an answer. I don't think it's a straight-forward case. Mine wasn't at all. I applied in march 2015 and got my first response in January 2019 and it was an interview. I also got a house visit right after I applied before I switched to a waiver, they wanted to confirm that we live together. 

How long did after the home visit did you hear for an answer? Did you got approval for i751 or n400? I will not be eligible until october to apply for N400. 

Every time you call for update, what did they say? Everytime i follow up they just day they couldnt make a decision at this time. 


April 1, 2013 - Priority DateApril 3, 2013 - NBC receivedNovember - Transferred to Nebraska Service CenterDecember 21, 2013 - NOA2 Approved dancin5hr.gifJanuary 03, 2014 - NVC Received idea9dv.gifFebruary 07, 2014 - NVC input and got my Case Number and IINFebruary 13, 2014 - Paid AOSF after 1 week, rejectedFebruary 22, 2014 - Paid AOSF again after 3 days, accepted dancin5hr.gif<p>

March 04, 2014 - IVF Paid

March 07, 2014 - IVF ACCEPTED

March 11, 2014 - DS-260 Completed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, winexis said:

How long did after the home visit did you hear for an answer? Did you got approval for i751 or n400? I will not be eligible until october to apply for N400. 

Every time you call for update, what did they say? Everytime i follow up they just day they couldnt make a decision at this time. 

my home visit was right after I applied for my 751, 4 years later I was asked for an interview. Then I was approved a week after the interview. During the 4 years I did apply for N400 but it was pending for 3 years, then I was asked for an interview for next months. I'll keep u updated.


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 Feb 2016( Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed with the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 4:53 PM, MohU3 said:

my home visit was right after I applied for my 751, 4 years later I was asked for an interview. Then I was approved a week after the interview. During the 4 years I did apply for N400 but it was pending for 3 years, then I was asked for an interview for next months. I'll keep u updated.

Keep us posted. I have not applied for n400. Goodluck! 


April 1, 2013 - Priority DateApril 3, 2013 - NBC receivedNovember - Transferred to Nebraska Service CenterDecember 21, 2013 - NOA2 Approved dancin5hr.gifJanuary 03, 2014 - NVC Received idea9dv.gifFebruary 07, 2014 - NVC input and got my Case Number and IINFebruary 13, 2014 - Paid AOSF after 1 week, rejectedFebruary 22, 2014 - Paid AOSF again after 3 days, accepted dancin5hr.gif<p>

March 04, 2014 - IVF Paid

March 07, 2014 - IVF ACCEPTED

March 11, 2014 - DS-260 Completed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 3:48 PM, AlexNY said:

Sorry to hear this. I don't have answers for you questions but I have a couple of mine if you don't mind. What was the last service center of your case before they invited you to the interview? And how long did it stay there? I also have a waiver. My case has been in NBC for almost 9 months after it was transferred there in May 2018. I just wonder how long it took for your case.

Hi i filed roc with waiver aug 2016. Feb 2018 i saw that my file was moved to a field office then received notice and was interviewed aug 2018. Until now i have heard nothing ☹️


April 1, 2013 - Priority DateApril 3, 2013 - NBC receivedNovember - Transferred to Nebraska Service CenterDecember 21, 2013 - NOA2 Approved dancin5hr.gifJanuary 03, 2014 - NVC Received idea9dv.gifFebruary 07, 2014 - NVC input and got my Case Number and IINFebruary 13, 2014 - Paid AOSF after 1 week, rejectedFebruary 22, 2014 - Paid AOSF again after 3 days, accepted dancin5hr.gif<p>

March 04, 2014 - IVF Paid

March 07, 2014 - IVF ACCEPTED

March 11, 2014 - DS-260 Completed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, winexis said:

Hi i filed roc with waiver aug 2016. Feb 2018 i saw that my file was moved to a field office then received notice and was interviewed aug 2018. Until now i have heard nothing ☹️

For most applicants including myself that february field office transfer was just a glitch. Yours happened to be a real one. Anyway you're lucky because you had your interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, winexis said:

Hi i filed roc with waiver aug 2016. Feb 2018 i saw that my file was moved to a field office then received notice and was interviewed aug 2018. Until now i have heard nothing ☹️

make couple calls to the 800 number and ask for a tier 2 officer plus you can make couple info pass apts. basically they had 120 days to give you an answer. Unless the interview went bad.


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 Feb 2016( Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed with the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×