mangy

221 G after K1 Interview in Mumbai

691 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, ujones said:

Never got anything via email but courier service. Never got any calls or emails either 

means u got letters by only courier?.

so if i change my address at this moment which is in another city to home address on ustraveldocs . will cause any problems or it will help in not to miss any updates. 

6 minutes ago, Aj1320 said:

means u got letters by only courier?.

so if i change my address at this moment which is in another city to home address on ustraveldocs . will cause any problems or it will help in not to miss any updates. 

@Aj1320, that I’m not sure but I hope there’s a way you can update ur new address. Also if you hve opted for courier service anyone can sign it for you & receive the pkt or letter. If you haven’t then you will be getting all documents from the embassy at the drop box location which you will be going there to collect. As I said I never received any emails or phone calls from embassy other than a sms from courier company when there was a delivery

1 minute ago, ujones said:

@Aj1320, that I’m not sure but I hope there’s a way you can update ur new address. Also if you hve opted for courier service anyone can sign it for you & receive the pkt or letter. If you haven’t then you will be getting all documents from the embassy at the drop box location which you will be going there to collect. As I said I never received any emails or phone calls from embassy other than a sms from courier company when there was a delivery

thats what i m asking.. i didn't opted for courier service... nd i know a way to update address ..just question is updating address at this stage will cause any problem? cuz i m on AP after interview.. they asked for few documents before approving which i submitted on dropbox location.. so waiting from 1 month. . so maybe they ask for any further documents or passport if they approve visa so that letter will come to my new address or not?.. or should i call embassy helpline nd ask for the same query before changing the address?

2 minutes ago, Aj1320 said:

thats what i m asking.. i didn't opted for courier service... nd i know a way to update address ..just question is updating address at this stage will cause any problem? cuz i m on AP after interview.. they asked for few documents before approving which i submitted on dropbox location.. so waiting from 1 month. . so maybe they ask for any further documents or passport if they approve visa so that letter will come to my new address or not?.. or should i call embassy helpline nd ask for the same query before changing the address?

If I were you I would contact embassy to clarify this concern 

1 hour ago, ujones said:

Every case is different & every officer handling the case is different. So all you can do at this point is to patiently wait. I know this is the most difficult wait but you will get there 

I appreciate your and  Greenbaums' response toward my comment.  Reason why I got panic is they changed the date twice and yet they haven't issued my visa. Secondly, I was researching on it and someone said consulate returned their passport and asked for new PCC because their case was put in AP and the previous PCC got expired. I have no problem getting a new PCC only thing is that this way it will delay in getting my visa issued. 

Thirdly, I know someone who was in the same situation as me who was asked to submit their passport a week before me and received the passport in a week with visa issued. I know every case are different but I am monitoring/researching the time-frame for visa issue after submitting passport which is 3-5 business days. 

In my case it will be 2 weeks on Friday. 

Anyways Thank you to you and Greenbaums for positive feedback. 

8 hours ago, Aj1320 said:

Any one here who was on K1 AP for months got denial? if yes then what was the reason.. 

just curious to know the probability of approval nd the chances.. 

It's rare that a person in AP after the interview would get a denial. The embassy does not do an in-depth background check. If you never received a 221(g) while in AP then you can safely say you will get a visa. India is just one of the few embassy's that put people in AP for longer then usual wait times. We have not been able to explain why that is.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 hours ago, AAAA27 said:

Yes--It will have the worksheet with the list of vaccinations on it.

The form they will receive from the medical is the DS-3025 vaccination record. :)

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

It's rare that a person in AP after the interview would get a denial. The embassy does not do an in-depth background check. If you never received a 221(g) while in AP then you can safely say you will get a visa. India is just one of the few embassy's that put people in AP for longer then usual wait times. We have not been able to explain why that is.

i got 221(g) during interview.... basically just proof of relationship documents were asked by consulate officer on 221(g) which we submitted nd its more than 40 days on AP .. so in our case u can say that there are chances of approval?? 

1 minute ago, Aj1320 said:

i got 221(g) during interview.... basically just proof of relationship documents were asked by consulate officer on 221(g) which we submitted nd its more than 40 days on AP .. so in our case u can say that there are chances of approval?? 

We were in AP for more than 60 days before we got the approval 

Just now, ujones said:

We were in AP for more than 60 days before we got the approval 

how long u were in AP?

anyways after observing my case points what u feel? chanses of approval ? also what about u? u got 221(g) during interview? also they asked u the same on 221(g) ? just prrof of relationship documents?

3 minutes ago, Aj1320 said:

That was a simple 221(g) and if you sent the information requested and it satisfied the CO then I believe you will be issued a visa.

The best place to follow is ceac.state.gov and when you see dates change and you no longer can access the information from "immigrant" you move over to "non-immigrant" then you are moving closer. By the time that happens you can safely assume you are in the clear and you will have a visa. Can't tell you any timelines so you just have to follow along with ceac.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

That was a simple 221(g) and if you sent the information requested and it satisfied the CO then I believe you will be issued a visa.

The best place to follow is ceac.state.gov and when you see dates change and you no longer can access the information from "immigrant" you move over to "non-immigrant" then you are moving closer. By the time that happens you can safely assume you are in the clear and you will have a visa. Can't tell you any timelines so you just have to follow along with ceac.

yeah i m following ceac.. date chaned once when they received documents.. they will send me letter for asking passport? or my documents back before it changes to nonimmigrant? or i m gonna receive those after it changes to nonimmigrant?

sorry for too many questions guys just trying to understand the process.. 

16 minutes ago, Aj1320 said:

yeah i m following ceac.. date chaned once when they received documents.. they will send me letter for asking passport? or my documents back before it changes to nonimmigrant? or i m gonna receive those after it changes to nonimmigrant?

sorry for too many questions guys just trying to understand the process.. 

We were in AP for almost 2 1/2 months. They asked for passport the week after they received our relationship proof docs but then we waited for ever for the next status change. Usually they send the documents back when they request for your passport. Once they approve your case change to non immigrant then visa issued. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.