mangy

221 G after K1 Interview in Mumbai

691 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Prithvi singh said:

It's been 4 months n still in administrative processing can anyone tell how long it can take time?

As has been mentioned many, many times in the forums of this site.... there is no set time limit for AP. It will be done when it is done. Consider any of the visa progress forum on the site for mention of AP times.  You need to have patience.:yes:

Unable to tell where you are in your immigration journey. It helps other members determine the most appropriate response. :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum. Additionally, it helps give relevant to the VJ stats.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

6 hours ago, Prithvi singh said:

It's been 4 months n still in administrative processing can anyone tell how long it can take time?

@Prithvi singh, as someone mentioned time taken for AP cannot be predicted. Ours took a total of 2 1/2 months since interview date. What’s the reason they put ur case in AP ? Only suggestion I have is if it’s out of normal processing time ( which they say is 60 days from interview or last document submission ) there’s nothing wrong in contacting ur congressman or senator. It won’t hurt even though we still don’t know if it helped. 

Edited by ujones

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, ujones said:

@Prithvi singh, as someone mentioned time taken for AP cannot be predicted. Ours took a total of 2 1/2 months since interview date. What’s the reason they put ur case in AP ? Only suggestion I have is if it’s out of normal processing time ( which they say is 60 days from interview or last document submission ) there’s nothing wrong in contacting ur congressman or senator. It won’t hurt even though we still don’t know if it helped. 

Thanks for ur reply I got help from congressman he emaild to embassy in India n he got reply from embassy they said still in administrative processing as soon as possible they will contact us 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@ujones Apologies for the late reply. Congrats on the visa!!!! Finally done with this part!

Have a question for anyone that can help----I understand that I don't need to go through a medical test again since it is within 1 year--but to confirm, I would a civil surgeon to still certify and mail in  the I-693 along with the adjustment packet? 

I also did not receive a copy of medical since it was mailed and had to be given to the USCIS directly---I have emailed the hospital to get the records. Is that enough to send in? Thanks!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

@ujones Apologies for the late reply. Congrats on the visa!!!! Finally done with this part!

Have a question for anyone that can help----I understand that I don't need to go through a medical test again since it is within 1 year--but to confirm, I would a civil surgeon to still certify and mail in  the I-693 along with the adjustment packet? 

I also did not receive a copy of medical since it was mailed and had to be given to the USCIS directly---I have emailed the hospital to get the records. Is that enough to send in? Thanks!

And what about police Clarence certificate I think it's valid 6 month they didn't ask about that?

Timeline
Just now, Prithvi singh said:

And what about police Clarence certificate I think it's valid 6 month they didn't ask about that?

It's been 4 month n still in administrative processing they just updated my case on 24 April 6 May n 21 May but still in administrative processing n we contacted with congressman 9 email to embassy on 17 and on 20 May he got reply from embassy they said they r working on my case as soon as possible they will contact me n they updated my case the next day on 21 after this 3 weeks done n no updates n still administrative processing anyone has idea what going on my case? 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, Prithvi singh said:

It's been 4 month n still in administrative processing they just updated my case on 24 April 6 May n 21 May but still in administrative processing n we contacted with congressman 9 email to embassy on 17 and on 20 May he got reply from embassy they said they r working on my case as soon as possible they will contact me n they updated my case the next day on 21 after this 3 weeks done n no updates n still administrative processing anyone has idea what going on my case? 

@Prithvi singh, I know it’s very stressful to be at no where. We just went thru that phase . As you said u hve already contacted congressman I don’t think there’s anything else U can do other than to stay positive & wait. No idea why some cases has to go thru it. Praying for urs to get out of that hole soon 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:33 AM, AAAA27 said:

@AAAA27 Thankyou. How was the port of entry process ? Where was ur POE ? 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, Prithvi singh said:

No one knows what is going on with your case. We can speculate but we have no knowledge specifically about your case. For the India Embassy you are processing at a normal rate. You must understand that you are one of more than a thousand case they see weekly. They work through each case but their speed is their speed NOT yours. Each case is different. No two are the same. So, some will process faster then others. Understanding these concepts should give you reason to pause and continue to wait. It will be approved but not on your timetable. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, AAAA27 said:

Have a question for anyone that can help----I understand that I don't need to go through a medical test again since it is within 1 year--but to confirm, I would a civil surgeon to still certify and mail in  the I-693 along with the adjustment packet? NO. If you submit only the DS-3025 then you do not need the CS completing a I-693.

You need the DS-3025 form that should have been given at your POE from the "do not open" envelope. If you did not receive that form them you must reach out to get a second copy from the medical exam facility in India which is going to be very difficult. You could submit your AOS packet and include a note on the cover letter about your situation and they may be able to retrieve it from their system. If not they will issue a RFE for the evidence.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

No one knows what is going on with your case. We can speculate but we have no knowledge specifically about your case. For the India Embassy you are processing at a normal rate. You must understand that you are one of more than a thousand case they see weekly. They work through each case but their speed is their speed NOT yours. Each case is different. No two are the same. So, some will process faster then others. Understanding these concepts should give you reason to pause and continue to wait. It will be approved but not on your timetable. :thumbs:

yes u r right hope this week I hear something 

1 hour ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaum, thanks for the info as my fiancé is yet to come. If the officer doesn’t hand the form at the POE should he ask him for that ?

Yes of course.  It's standard operating procedure to hand that to the beneficiary upon arrival.  Don't leave immigration without it. Everyone on a K1 will have one. Usually they attach it to the outside of the "do not open" envelope.  Peek through the plastic you may see it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/8/2019 at 5:49 PM, ujones said:

@Prithvi singh, I know it’s very stressful to be at no where. We just went thru that phase . As you said u hve already contacted congressman I don’t think there’s anything else U can do other than to stay positive & wait. No idea why some cases has to go thru it. Praying for urs to get out of that hole soon 

@AAAA27 Thankyou. How was the port of entry process ? Where was ur POE ? 

It was a breeze at Boston- Was not asked anything and just stamped with the 90 day date on my passport and was on my way in less than a minute.

19 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

It was a breeze at Boston- Was not asked anything and just stamped with the 90 day date on my passport and was on my way in less than a minute.

It's funny how things appear to be bigger then they really are. Glad your travel was uneventful.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.